Page 4 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2011, 9:07 pm

phil777 wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Abgal64 wrote:
Just because the Nazis did atrocities to the Israelis (the Holocaust), along with others, does not give the Israelis the right to do eeriely similar things to the Palestinians (as in the Gaza Strip blockade against mostly innocent Palestinians.) I think the Jews after the holocaust should have gotten Bavaria as their homeland, not a third state that was completely innocent in the holocaust.

The Palestinian population is rising. Rising faster than that of the Jewish population in Israel. Israel never attempted genocide against the Palestinians. Yet.

ruveyn

Fixed it for you ruveyn.

moderator! This guys is buggering what I wrote. Admonish him!

I wrote what I meant. The Israelis will never do genocide against the Palestinians and that refusal will be their undoing.

ruveyn

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2011, 9:09 pm

phil777 wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Abgal64 wrote:
Just because the Nazis did atrocities to the Israelis (the Holocaust), along with others, does not give the Israelis the right to do eeriely similar things to the Palestinians (as in the Gaza Strip blockade against mostly innocent Palestinians.) I think the Jews after the holocaust should have gotten Bavaria as their homeland, not a third state that was completely innocent in the holocaust.

The Palestinian population is rising. Rising faster than that of the Jewish population in Israel. Israel never attempted genocide against the Palestinians. Yet.

ruveyn

Fixed it for you ruveyn.

Looks more like you committed plagerism.

Here is what ruveyn actually said:
Quote:
The Palestinian population is rising. Rising faster than that of the Jewish population in Israel. Israel never attempted genocide against the Palestinians. Ever.

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2011, 9:14 pm

It's not plagiarism if the author is correctly cited, which I did.

And I'm pretty sure that deep down inside, this is what ruveyn meant (or wishes, after 3 years or lurking on the forums and getting to know his mind).

Abgal64
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Sep 2011, 9:42 pm

The Israeli Gaza blockade is more like the US Japanese Internment Camps during WW2 than the Nazi extermination camps of the same era, this is true. But this does not make it right for them to make Gaza a giant concentration camp where, like the Nazis to a limited extent, they do deny the Palestinians many things, including lentils, tomato juice, fuel and many architectural materials, as well as, at various times wheelchairs and hearing aids, among other things. The Gaza strip is probably most accurately compared to a minimum security prison.

Why does Israel have the right to justly tell the Palestinians what to do at all, for that matter? It is not their country and the Israelis do not justify their actions with consistent reasoning, so why should a just state not blockade Israel?

But this is beside the greater picture: Frankly, given all the idiocy and all the masses of meaningless deaths that have arisen from this stupid little piece of the Levant, I would be pleased to see Israel, and Palestine, hit by an asteroid, or be bombarded by a hostile state from space, that wiped out everyone in the southern Levant because it would save many more lives and prevent so much more suffering than it would cause. It would quickly solve many of the problems in the Middle East, such as getting rid of 1 of Iran's scapegoats and getting rid of NATO's main ally in the region, and beyond, as exemplified by the psychological consequences that would happen to Christians in the west and elsewhere.

jamesofthecommons
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Sep 2011, 9:48 pm

BombsOnSyria wrote:
Israel killed 9 turkish civilians last year and they get away with it.How on earth is this possible?

Ugm,because we live in a world in which might makes right ? :(

jamesofthecommons
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Sep 2011, 10:01 pm

Abgal64 wrote:
Raptor wrote:
I find it more than a bit ironic that whenever there is mention about Israel that so many of these soft hearted, tolerant, equality minded liberals are against the existence of Israel as a state.
Here you have a country for a people that have been historically persecuted in one form or another and the left wants to deny them a sandbox in the middle of a bad neighborhood that they can call home.
On top of that they want to deny them the right to protect themselves from neighbors who would just assume wipe them from the face of the earth.
And they screech incessantly about how us conservatives are unfeeling and unfair and equate us to Nazis.
Hmmmm……….. :?
I am not a liberal, I am a strange type of progressive, but I have these points to make:

The conquest of the Golon Heights, the Gaza Strip and the West Bank by Israeli forces is simple colonialism out of greed for resources and territory.

Finally, Fatah, unlike the Israeli government, promotes a secular and multicultural state as a solution to the problem. I do not support Hamas, as they are Islamists and I am anti-theistic, and I want them gone, just as I want the Israeli state gone. For though Israel is more secular than Hamas, this is just a relative comparison in the least secular region of the world, the Middle East.

And I do not equate conservatives with Nazis, I see conservatives as backward people with the wrong ideas that they demand others adhere to without giving logical, empirical evidence to support those beliefs. Equating a conservative Christian with a Nazi is childlike name calling, which is something that I see so many conservatives, as well as liberals, do in my native USA. That does not mean that I do not see American conservative ideology as stupid, backward and illogical, for I do, just as it does not mean that I like Barack Obama as my president, which I do not.

It is totaly unfair to equate all conservative christians to the fascist Nazi's,when in fact ,only the conservative christians who espouse the doctrine of dominionism,devine rights,and the moral supremacy of Israel are actualy fascists.

:wink:

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2011, 11:41 pm

Abgal64 wrote:
Raptor wrote:
I find it more than a bit ironic that whenever there is mention about Israel that so many of these soft hearted, tolerant, equality minded liberals are against the existence of Israel as a state.
Here you have a country for a people that have been historically persecuted in one form or another and the left wants to deny them a sandbox in the middle of a bad neighborhood that they can call home.
On top of that they want to deny them the right to protect themselves from neighbors who would just assume wipe them from the face of the earth.
And they screech incessantly about how us conservatives are unfeeling and unfair and equate us to Nazis.
I am not a liberal, I am a strange type of progressive, but I have these points to make:

The conquest of the Golon Heights, the Gaza Strip and the West Bank by Israeli forces is simple colonialism out of greed for resources and territory.

Finally, Fatah, unlike the Israeli government, promotes a secular and multicultural state as a solution to the problem. I do not support Hamas, as they are Islamists and I am anti-theistic, and I want them gone, just as I want the Israeli state gone. For though Israel is more secular than Hamas, this is just a relative comparison in the least secular region of the world, the Middle East.

And I do not equate conservatives with Nazis, I see conservatives as backward people with the wrong ideas that they demand others adhere to without giving logical, empirical evidence to support those beliefs. Equating a conservative Christian with a Nazi is childlike name calling, which is something that I see so many conservatives, as well as liberals, do in my native USA. That does not mean that I do not see American conservative ideology as stupid, backward and illogical, for I do, just as it does not mean that I like Barack Obama as my president, which I do not.

Israel has the right to do whatever it takes to save the life of their people and their homeland from a genocidal terrorist enemy. Additionally, I consider your uppity opinion of American conservatism to be more of a compliment than anything because I can see that you don't have a clue....

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2011, 11:47 pm

jamesofthecommons wrote:
Abgal64 wrote:
Raptor wrote:

It is totaly unfair to equate all conservative christians to the fascist Nazi's,when in fact ,only the conservative christians who espouse the doctrine of dominionism,devine rights,and the moral supremacy of Israel are actualy fascists.

Fascist this fascist that. Maybe you need to live on a fascist country to see what fascism really is. In your case it wouldn't be long before you were looking at it from the inside of the barbed wire of an internment camp.
:roll:

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2011, 6:03 am

phil777 wrote:

And I'm pretty sure that deep down inside, this is what ruveyn meant (or wishes, after 3 years or lurking on the forums and getting to know his mind).

The Israelis can take care of their Palestinian Problem. I am worried about Jihadis hijacking planes to crash into tall buildings, or poisoning public water supplies, or blowing up tunnels and bridges all in the name of Allah, the Merciful and Compassionate. The Palestinians want a piece of land they think is theirs. The Jihadis want a world in which everyone, and I mean everyone, sticks his arse up in the air five times daily to worship their Demon God. Now which is more of a danger? The answer is obvious.

ruveyn

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2011, 9:52 am

Any religion that wants to impose its law on others is obviously bad, it's another form of authoritarianism supported by the Church (of whichever god you want). The question being, was it jihadists or harmless palestinian civilians that were and are killed? =/ It's not like making a "list" is that easy when such an organisation uses covert means.

More or less related, but if Palestine gets its seat at ONU, "maybe" they'll be able to solve their problems with Israel in bilateral state discussions (or more, if you include the quartet currently overseeing that part of the world).

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2011, 12:27 pm

phil777 wrote:

You've crossed a line, phil.

Ascribing motives to another poster is perfectly fine--that's part of the rigour of debate in here. Deliberately altering a quote is not.

I note that you indirectly acknowledge having done so within the post, which is the only thing that mitigates your conduct.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2011, 12:35 pm

How come it seems like whenever any handful of civilians get killed in the crossfire between the Israeli Defense Force and the Violence that Israel is blamed rather than the Violence? Also how come it's always played up so much rhetorically to sound as though the entire middle east was just wiped off the face of the Earth?

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2011, 3:32 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
How come it seems like whenever any handful of civilians get killed in the crossfire between the Israeli Defense Force and the Violence that Israel is blamed rather than the Violence? Also how come it's always played up so much rhetorically to sound as though the entire middle east was just wiped off the face of the Earth?

Israel is the only nation on earth that has to sue for peace after it has won a war.

ruveyn

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2011, 1:22 am

ruveyn wrote:
phil777 wrote:

The Israelis can take care of their Palestinian Problem. I am worried about Jihadis hijacking planes to crash into tall buildings, or poisoning public water supplies, or blowing up tunnels and bridges all in the name of Allah, the Merciful and Compassionate. The Palestinians want a piece of land they think is theirs. The Jihadis want a world in which everyone, and I mean everyone, sticks his arse up in the air five times daily to worship their Demon God. Now which is more of a danger? The answer is obvious.

ruveyn

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

jamesofthecommons
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Sep 2011, 1:23 am

Raptor wrote:
jamesofthecommons wrote:
Abgal64 wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Fascist this fascist that. Maybe you need to live on a fascist country to see what fascism really is. In your case it wouldn't be long before you were looking at it from the inside of the barbed wire of an internment camp.
:roll:

You can be sure you are in ,or are soon to be in a fascist society,when you have people like this RAPTOR who would like to see people behind barbed wire for merely speaking their minds.

RAPTOR;maybe you need to take the time to read a few books about the subjects of fascism,dominionism,nationalism and the doctrine of Manifest Destiny,before you go and spout off to anyone else, anything about where they need to live and what they need to learn.
For your information,fascism occours in stages,therefore the fact that most people in this country are not yet locked up for speaking what is on their mind, is in no way an indication that this is not a fascist society,or that it is not becoming a fascist society.The merger of government power with that of private corporate power, is a common characteristic of fascist society;ceartainly you would not argue that such a merger is not occouring in this nation,would you ?

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2011, 9:33 am

ruveyn wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:

Israel is the only nation on earth that has to sue for peace after it has won a war.

ruveyn

And that is rather sad that Israel has to. Israel wants peace, but her neighbors seem to always want war in their religiously inspired racist hatred.