Page 2 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2011, 11:02 am

Purely misanthropic views are completely futile and those who adopt them will not realize this until they grow up realize that:
a) We're not as bad as ret*d hyperenvironmentalists claim us to be,
and
b) They're a human (:doh:) and self-hatred is also pretty pointless. (And if they say they hate humans but they don't hate themselves, they're just imbeciles. There really isn't any other way to put it.)

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2011, 11:19 am

I like individuals, and I dislike some individuals. But I hate what humans have done to the world and some of the crazy s**t they come with, makes me ashamed to be part of this species sometimes.

I'm just going to run off and live with the Howletts gorillas.

Indy
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2011, 11:30 am

jmnixon95 wrote:
Purely misanthropic views are completely futile and those who adopt them will not realize this until they grow up realize that:
a) We're not as bad as ret*d hyperenvironmentalists claim us to be,
and
b) They're a human (:doh:) and self-hatred is also pretty pointless. (And if they say they hate humans but they don't hate themselves, they're just imbeciles. There really isn't any other way to put it.)

Not all of these views are misanthropic. I think it's okay to talk about being fed up with humanity. Especially if that view is qualified by saying that individuals are lovable. Personally, I can enjoy being with an individual, but society is complicated (social rules) and shallow (fashion and gossip).

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2011, 11:33 am

Indy wrote:
Not all of these views are misanthropic.

If by "these" you mean the views conveyed by means of posts in this thread... I know. I was talking about those who adopt purely misanthropic views... wasn't making references to anyone in this thread, or any of the opinions expressed here.

Indy
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2011, 11:43 am

jmnixon95 wrote:
Indy wrote:

If by "these" you mean the views conveyed by means of posts in this thread... I know. I was talking about those who adopt purely misanthropic views... wasn't making references to anyone in this thread, or any of the opinions expressed here.

:doh: I misunderstood somebody again...

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2011, 11:44 am

this thread makes me dislike us even more. what ya gonna do.

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2011, 11:45 am

Indy wrote:
jmnixon95 wrote:
Indy wrote:

It's fine; it's inevitable... especially on a forum. :)

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2011, 11:48 am

I'm with Swifty:

Quote:
Principally I hate and detest that animal called man; although I heartily love John, Peter, Thomas, and so forth.

Johnathan Swift wasn't a misanthrope, just an astute judge...

...read Gulliver IV, he's uncanny.

Indy
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2011, 11:49 am

jmnixon95 wrote:
Indy wrote:
jmnixon95 wrote:
Indy wrote:

It's fine; it's inevitable... especially on a forum. :)

Thanks. I just seem to do it very often. Not just on Wrong Planet.

ScientistOfSound
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2011, 12:04 pm

I dislike BAD humans, that do BAD things to other humans. The others are ok, although alot of the time stupid and annoying but I can put up with that anyway.

Last edited by ScientistOfSound on 06 Sep 2011, 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Karuna
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Sep 2011, 12:38 pm

Indy wrote:
8O I thought I was alone! I relate 100%.

"Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You too? I thought I was the only one."
— C.S. Lewis

Karuna
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Sep 2011, 1:52 pm

littlelily613 wrote:
Does anyone else?

Despite what people think of me, I am actually very nice to people. I am quiet, don't say much, but am polite, have manners, and am respectful to everyone unless they are really rude to me (I am also a lot more assertive online that I am in person where people tend to walk all over me).

I got told recently by someone that they could never see me involved with anyone because im too quiet.

Indy
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2011, 3:22 pm

Karuna wrote:
Indy wrote:
8O I thought I was alone! I relate 100%.

"Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You too? I thought I was the only one."
— C.S. Lewis

That's a great quote :)

Karuna wrote:
I got told recently by someone that they could never see me involved with anyone because im too quiet.

Don't believe them. People often tell me I'm too quiet - but I managed to find someone who accepts that about me.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2011, 7:36 pm

I am generally misanthropic but not specifically hating towards anyone individually.

Ardent_Eccentric
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Sep 2011, 3:50 am

I find it funny how ants as individuals are ret*d but ants as a group are quite smart.
Humans on the other hand are the opposite. as individuals people can be quite smart and decent, but people in groups can be quite ret*d and cruel...

I suppose the problem with hummans in that we have the capacity to "reason"...

ha ha that was a joke.

?Anyone can be a monotonous brick in the wall. The real challenge is to be a squirrel. You cant build a brick wall with squirrels, a squirrel will not stay put. Even building a wall with dead squirrels would still be more interesting than a old brick wall

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2011, 5:06 am

Ardent_Eccentric wrote:
I find it funny how ants as individuals are ret*d but ants as a group are quite smart.
Humans on the other hand are the opposite. as individuals people can be quite smart and decent, but people in groups can be quite ret*d and cruel...

I suppose the problem with hummans in that we have the capacity to "reason"...

ha ha that was a joke.

This is great. For real.