Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

DC
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2011, 3:51 pm

I'm going to dress like a pirate in honour of this thread. :)

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2011, 6:40 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
blauSamstag wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:
blauSamstag wrote:
I rarely get to have the holy sacrament of spaghetti and meatballs, but i do regularly eat "Oh! Ricey" brand instant Pho' soup, which has rice noodles and little balls of meat in it.

If you need pre-made meatballs Mama Lucia are pretty good, from there the sauce and spaghetti preparation is super quick.

How big are they? I used to get costco brand meatballs but they are huge, one meatball is a mouthfull.

Inch and a half to two inches maybe? They're quite reasonable.

I sort of want something smaller like i could reasonably put on a pizza if the desire struck me.

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2011, 6:46 pm

blauSamstag wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:
blauSamstag wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:
blauSamstag wrote:
I rarely get to have the holy sacrament of spaghetti and meatballs, but i do regularly eat "Oh! Ricey" brand instant Pho' soup, which has rice noodles and little balls of meat in it.

If you need pre-made meatballs Mama Lucia are pretty good, from there the sauce and spaghetti preparation is super quick.

How big are they? I used to get costco brand meatballs but they are huge, one meatball is a mouthfull.

I sort of want something smaller like i could reasonably put on a pizza if the desire struck me.

Y you no hav a knife?

Their hungry thirsty roots??

http://jakobvirgil.blogspot.com/

cw10
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2011, 9:35 pm

Jono wrote:
You do realize that the FSM is a parody, right?

But I do have the right to choose not to believe right? :)

According to the laws of physics I cannot argue for the existence of said entity because of the fact it is so well defined within the confines of this physical universe.

If I never get to roll around in luxuriant pasta sauce, and be devoid of parmesan cheese for all eternity then that is the path I choose. I may not even be allowed a twinkling of alfredo sauce, however in the great scheme of things, it could be worse.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2011, 7:23 am

cw10 wrote:
Jono wrote:
You do realize that the FSM is a parody, right?

But I do have the right to choose not to believe right? :)

According to the laws of physics I cannot argue for the existence of said entity because of the fact it is so well defined within the confines of this physical universe.

If I never get to roll around in luxuriant pasta sauce, and be devoid of parmesan cheese for all eternity then that is the path I choose. I may not even be allowed a twinkling of alfredo sauce, however in the great scheme of things, it could be worse.

So..

Would cw10 be classified as "A-pasto",

or as "anti- pasto"?

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2011, 8:06 am

naturalplastic wrote:
So..

or as "anti- pasto"?

I like antipasta, or agnocci.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2011, 8:15 am

Care if I tweak it a little?

Quote:
Our spaghetti
Who art in marinara
Hallowed be thy sauce
Thy serving come
Thy strands be wrung
On forks as they are on spoons
Give us this day our texas toast
And forgive us our indigestion
As we forgive those who cook against us
And lead us not into Paula Dean's catalog
But deliver us from Food Network mediocrity
For thine is the garlic
And the onion and the bay leaves
For ever and ever.
- mangia

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

cw10
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2011, 8:56 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
So..

or as "anti- pasto"?

I like antipasta, or agnocci.

I shall choose agnocci and leave my mind open to the possibility however slim it may be.

Dessie
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Sep 2011, 12:52 am

TallyMan wrote:
Quote:
Our spaghetti
Who art in the colander
Hallowed be thy sauce
Thy serving come
Thy strands be wrung
On forks as they are on spoons
Give us this day our daily meatball
And forgive us our starchiness
As we forgive those who are starchy against us
And lead us not into Kraft parmessan
But deliver us from Chef Boy Ardee
For thine is the garlic
And the onion and the bay leaves
For ever and ever.
Ramen

^ That's excellent!! ! :lol: :D

Only now I want spaghetti. :?

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2011, 2:05 am

JakobVirgil wrote:
blauSamstag wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:
blauSamstag wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:
blauSamstag wrote:

Y you no hav a knife?

IF i cut a meatball in half then I'm just putting half meatballs on a pizza, right? WTF kind of pizza is a half meatball pizza?!

cw10
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2011, 3:06 am

blauSamstag wrote:
IF i cut a meatball in half then I'm just putting half meatballs on a pizza, right? WTF kind of pizza is a half meatball pizza?!

Ingredient distribution on a pizza is important. It's quite possible due to surface area increases a meatball pizza where the meatballs themselves have been sliced in half would add a more intense meatball flavor. It most likely will not burn either because most [modern] pizza ovens are designed to cook from the bottom to give you that added crunch to the crust. There are only hot air control "fingers" on the top to brown the cheese.

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2011, 9:34 pm

cw10 wrote:
blauSamstag wrote:

Ingredient distribution on a pizza is important. It's quite possible due to surface area increases a meatball pizza where the meatballs themselves have been sliced in half would add a more intense meatball flavor. It most likely will not burn either because most [modern] pizza ovens are designed to cook from the bottom to give you that added crunch to the crust. There are only hot air control "fingers" on the top to brown the cheese.

I may as well run them through my mandoline and turn them into little slices like pepperoni.

Pizza should e baked at insanely high temperatures and preferably directly on a hot rock of one sort or other.

With 30 pounds of asbestos concrete at near 600f i don't need no stinkin hot air control fingers.

All I'm askin for is grape sized meatballs.

cw10
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2011, 1:16 am

blauSamstag wrote:
cw10 wrote:
blauSamstag wrote:

I may as well run them through my mandoline and turn them into little slices like pepperoni.

Pizza should e baked at insanely high temperatures and preferably directly on a hot rock of one sort or other.

With 30 pounds of asbestos concrete at near 600f i don't need no stinkin hot air control fingers.

All I'm askin for is grape sized meatballs.

600f Is sufficient, though it may be a little too hot. I may suggest 500f, and no longer than 5 minutes bake time.

Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2011, 2:05 am

never got fahrenheit.

ten again to me temperature is irrlevent i make my pizza on a grill using a pizza stone made for the purpose, works brilliantly every time, if you want the toppings to remain fresh without charring you can leave the lid to the gas grill open.

then again what is all this reality silliyness?
become a pastafarian (if you arent already)
then kill yourself and enjoy unlimited credit at heavens fast food boulevard, after that you can go to the stripper factory.

the scent of the tamarillo is pungent and powerfull,
woe be to the nose who nears it.

cw10
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2011, 3:10 am

Oodain wrote:
never got fahrenheit.

ten again to me temperature is irrlevent i make my pizza on a grill using a pizza stone made for the purpose, works brilliantly every time, if you want the toppings to remain fresh without charring you can leave the lid to the gas grill open.

then again what is all this reality silliyness?
become a pastafarian (if you arent already)
then kill yourself and enjoy unlimited credit at heavens fast food boulevard, after that you can go to the stripper factory.

But will not suicide send you to the plate of under cooked pasta and angry Italian grandmothers?

Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2011, 7:01 am

you might be right or it might simply depend on the wim of his noodly appendage, raaamen.

the scent of the tamarillo is pungent and powerfull,
woe be to the nose who nears it.