Page 2 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2011, 1:19 am

Orwell wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Cute Jakoby, but I drink English Tea Time, and Darjaline (sp?), i don't drink the kool-aid.

Real Americans drink coffee.

Quote:
I actually am supporting Newt Gingrich, Herman Cain, or Michelle Bachmann. I will include Sarah Palin in support list if she decides to officially run.

That's a really sad list. I'm backing Huntsman, although I know he has no chance in the primaries.

Yeah, I knew you would be supporting the same candidate as Michael Moore...

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2011, 1:23 am

Who the hell pays attention to Moore? I'd never heard who he was endorsing, nor would I care. Huntsman has demonstrated an honest desire to serve his country, and he has been willing to put partisanship aside to get stuff done. And why shouldn't a conservative support him? He has very strong conservative credentials as a huge tax-cutter. His record as governor of Utah beats the crap out of any other gubernatorial record we see in the campaign now.

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2011, 1:42 am

Inuyasha wrote:
Orwell wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
I actually am supporting Newt Gingrich, Herman Cain, or Michelle Bachmann. I will include Sarah Palin in support list if she decides to officially run.

That's a really sad list. I'm backing Huntsman, although I know he has no chance in the primaries.

Looks like you need some moOre information! :lmao:

The only reason Orwell looks centre-left at all is because of how comically, nay I say absurdly, rightwing the corporate media establishment centre is in America. Orwell would be considered unelectably rightwing in most developed countries.

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2011, 1:47 am

Orwell wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Cute Jakoby, but I drink English Tea Time, and Darjaline (sp?), i don't drink the kool-aid.

Yet Canadians drink more of it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_co ... per_capita

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2011, 2:03 am

Obres wrote:
Gingrich can't win in a general election. He's unpleasant to look at and to listen to. The only Republican who can beat Obama is Romney. He's tall, in decent shape (not fat), has a full head of hair (and nice thick straight hair beats afro-hair any day), and not excessively nerdy or awkward. Obama's still a better speaker, but don't underestimate the power of Romney's hair. And no, this is not a joke. This is what really wins presidential elections, like it or not.

horses**t.

Romney is excessively awkward.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2011, 2:24 am

Master_Pedant wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Orwell wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

The only reason Orwell looks centre-left at all is because of how comically, nay I say absurdly, rightwing the corporate media establishment centre is in America. Orwell would be considered unelectably rightwing in most developed countries.

Um... if Huntsman won the GOP nomination, I would be voting for him in the general election as well. Given that Huntsman garnered rave reviews from right-wing groups like Cato for record-breaking tax cuts during his tenure as governor of MormonLand, I'm not sure how that even makes me look center-left in America.

Master_Pedant wrote:
Orwell wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

I blame the cuts in education, especially in mathematics. We just need a couple more mathematicians in order to come back and beat Canada in per capita coffee drinking.

Surprising that Colombia is so low on that list when they have great coffee growing in their backyards. I guess they prefer stronger stimulants.

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2011, 2:26 am

My money (which are in Schrute bucks) is on Rick Perry. He has a long record of doing favours for his corporate backers and various country club conservatives, yet spouts ill-formed, conspiratorial bile that also appeals to rightwing populists.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2011, 2:31 am

Master_Pedant wrote:
My money (which are in Schrute bucks) is on Rick Perry. He has a long record of doing favours for his corporate backers and various country club conservatives, yet spouts ill-formed, conspiratorial bile that also appeals to rightwing populists.

He made an enemy of Rove, and the rest of the former Bush administration. I think they are still powerful enough to take him out of the race if it comes to that.

And come on, Perry is just a dumber version of Dubya. Seriously, how the hell do you get a C in gym? Then a C in US history and a D in basic economics... this guy wants to be President? Those two grades right there should already disqualify him.

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2011, 2:33 am

Orwell wrote:
Master_Pedant wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Orwell wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

Um... if Huntsman won the GOP nomination, I would be voting for him in the general election as well. Given that Huntsman garnered rave reviews from right-wing groups like Cato for record-breaking tax cuts during his tenure as governor of MormonLand, I'm not sure how that even makes me look center-left in America.

Master_Pedant wrote:
Orwell wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

I blame the cuts in education, especially in mathematics. We just need a couple more mathematicians in order to come back and beat Canada in per capita coffee drinking.

Surprising that Colombia is so low on that list when they have great coffee growing in their backyards. I guess they prefer stronger stimulants.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/food/numbers3.html

According to this, Canadians beat Americans both in coffee AND tea consumption.

Why the hell does your hot-beverage deficient nation have political movements named tea and coffee parties?

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2011, 2:37 am

Orwell wrote:
And come on, Perry is just a dumber version of Dubya. Seriously, how the hell do you get a C in gym? Then a C in US history and a D in basic economics... this guy wants to be President? Those two grades right there should already disqualify him.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTSCRoYyM-Y[/youtube]

Apparently, you also don't need to succeded in your attempts at getting an Animal Science degree to be elected Governor.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2011, 3:10 am

Master_Pedant wrote:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/food/numbers3.html

According to this, Canadians beat Americans both in coffee AND tea consumption.

Why the hell does your hot-beverage deficient nation have political movements named tea and coffee parties?

Part of it is that I live in a tropical paradise rather than a frozen hell. Not all Americans need hot beverages to keep from freezing to death. :P

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2011, 3:26 am

Orwell wrote:
Part of it is that I live in a tropical paradise rather than a frozen hell. Not all Americans need hot beverages to keep from freezing to death. :P

When you die of heat exhaustion or the societal effects of lacking Prairie valuess then who'll be laughing? :twisted:

I'd put the well-funded flood defenses of Manitoba up against the subpar, poorly-funded, Rethuglican gutted, flood defenses of any Southeastern State any day. So, you also have drowning to worry about.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2011, 3:42 am

minervx wrote:
In the sept 8 debate Romney and perry usurped all the attention.

While perry was full of talking points rather than solutions, he was right that social security was unsustainable. Romney straw manned the argument by acting as if perry was against social security for millions of americans.

We are now seeing Romney In a different light. Where he has to fight in the gutters get off his high horse and deal with the fact that his moderate views don't sit well with the tea party.

Then again perry is just demogoging and eventually he may run out of steam.

From your keyboard to God's monitor.

Perry vs. Romney. The Clash of the Titans? Nah!

ruveyn

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

10 Sep 2011, 3:53 am

@Inuyasha

Going on live debates is a terrible is a terrible way to evaluate candidates. Try actually looking at their records. Newt was a failure as speaker, husband, writer, pretty much everything. You seem really inconsistent in your beliefs if you can hate Romney and Huntsman but then like Gingrich(who probably influenced the ideas of Romney and Huntsman more than anyone) and Herman Cain(Mr. Federal Reserve)

@Obres It's pretty sad that appearance and personality plays such an important role in politics. People are so superficial and straight up dumb. I would hope that this next election in decided on something more than who's taller, has better hair, what they have on their iPod, who can play basketball better, or who they want to have a beer with

MarketAndChurch
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2011, 4:19 am

Jacoby wrote:
@Inuyasha

Going on live debates is a terrible is a terrible way to evaluate candidates. Try actually looking at their records. Newt was a failure as speaker, husband, writer, pretty much everything. You seem really inconsistent in your beliefs if you can hate Romney and Huntsman but then like Gingrich(who probably influenced the ideas of Romney and Huntsman more than anyone) and Herman Cain(Mr. Federal Reserve)

@Obres It's pretty sad that appearance and personality plays such an important role in politics. People are so superficial and straight up dumb. I would hope that this next election in decided on something more than who's taller, has better hair, what they have on their iPod, who can play basketball better, or who they want to have a beer with

newt has some good ideas about education reform

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2011, 4:46 am

MarketAndChurch wrote:
newt has some good ideas about education reform

His ideas on education are pretty mixed. The vouchers are not a good idea, and bribing middle schoolers into studying math is likely to have serious unintended consequences. The insistence on school prayer and the rest of his culture-warrior garbage is distasteful at best. Putting more emphasis on math and science is a good idea, though. I wouldn't mind his proposal to waive interest payments on my student loans.