I might be on the AS and my mom didn't take me seriously...

Page 2 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

DarthMaul
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

29 Dec 2011, 2:25 pm

Ganondox wrote:
"I might be on AS"

Sounds like a neat drug, where do you get it?

Sorry, bad joke.

It's not bad, it's funny!

And KnarlyDUDE09... What's a GP?

KnarlyDUDE09
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2011, 6:29 pm

A 'GP' is the abbreviation of the phrase 'General Practitioner'. In the UK, this word is used to describe a doctor that has their own practice/clinic; in simpler terms, they are what are called 'family doctors'.

...hope that helped! :)

DarthMaul
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

29 Dec 2011, 8:19 pm

KnarlyDUDE09 wrote:
A 'GP' is the abbreviation of the phrase 'General Practitioner'. In the UK, this word is used to describe a doctor that has their own practice/clinic; in simpler terms, they are what are called 'family doctors'.

...hope that helped! :)

Okay! :D I get it now! *takes a swig of Coke* :lol: :D

catatonix
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Jan 2012, 10:52 pm

Both my (not speaking to each other) parents see me as a 15 year old who sits in his room rather than go out. They think I am failing school because I am lazy and keep handing me newspaper articles about people being addicted to computers. Completely ignoring the massives of computer programming I do.

To be honest I don't particularly like my family, except my sisters and they're babies. I don't really have any intentions of speaking to them about it and that looks like I'm going to have to go on without a diagnosis. Though like most people are asking, what's so great about one?

DarthMaul
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Jan 2012, 1:27 am

catatonix wrote:
Both my (not speaking to each other) parents see me as a 15 year old who sits in his room rather than go out. They think I am failing school because I am lazy and keep handing me newspaper articles about people being addicted to computers. Completely ignoring the massives of computer programming I do.

To be honest I don't particularly like my family, except my sisters and they're babies. I don't really have any intentions of speaking to them about it and that looks like I'm going to have to go on without a diagnosis. Though like most people are asking, what's so great about one?

Hm... My mom has threatened to step on my XBox multiple times because I won't really do anything (except go to school, stay on my computer and read (a lot), eat, watch Star Wars (and Brad Meltzer's Decoded, Ancient Aliens, My Little Pony, South Park, Family Guy, Robot Chicken, Big Bang Theory, and Archer), listen to my iPod, and sleep).

Oh, you program computers? That's cool.

I don't really like my family either (so, I can't get you to see that you're ignoring your youngest daughter constantly (to the point that I have to start yelling to get her to notice me) for 2 foster kids (but you expect me to drop everything and listen when you want to gossip about your sister's daughter). I think my sister's okay, though (because I rarely get to see her).

Question: What's so great about a diagnosis?
Answer: To me, I think it's about being able telling yourself, 'No, you aren't imagining things. You aren't a hypochondriac.' Tay (Youtube: TheTayTalks) got one because she didn't want to hear anyone saying 'How do you know if you don't have a diagnosis?'

catatonix

05 Jan 2012, 12:00 pm

Yeh, I want that too, just trying to balance that against involving my family. Thanks!

DarthMaul
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Jan 2012, 7:44 pm

catatonix wrote:
Yeh, I want that too, just trying to balance that against involving my family. Thanks!

I wish you luck, m'dear. :)

Lost_in_Reverie
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Jan 2012, 10:51 pm

I can relate-- my mother had laughed as well.

If it's going to be challenging to convince, then don't stress over it. Wait till you're out of the house and driving, whereby you're thus able to obtain the diagnosis yourself. Now you can rub your official diagnosis in her face. Hahaha.

DarthMaul
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Jan 2012, 4:02 pm

Lost_in_Reverie wrote:
I can relate-- my mother had laughed as well.

If it's going to be challenging to convince, then don't stress over it. Wait till you're out of the house and driving, whereby you're thus able to obtain the diagnosis yourself. Now you can rub your official diagnosis in her face. Hahaha.

Rubbing it in her face... :twisted: That would be both hilarious and very life threatening. :D

cooliolio
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Jan 2012, 5:30 pm

catatonix wrote:

Haha I got one of those newspaper articles handed to me yesterday.

catatonix

10 Jan 2012, 5:50 pm

cooliolio wrote:
catatonix wrote:

Aha, they are all the same. They are kinda true, but that's just because I prefer sitting at home on ventrillo (like skype) playing video games, programming and editing things for people (which I'm good at) rather than going out and "socializing".

Well at my school that means be really pervy on girls you don't know while wasted and stoned. No thanks..

DarthMaul
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Jan 2012, 9:45 pm

catatonix wrote:
cooliolio wrote:
catatonix wrote:

Aha, they are all the same. They are kinda true, but that's just because I prefer sitting at home on ventrillo (like skype) playing video games, programming and editing things for people (which I'm good at) rather than going out and "socializing".

Well at my school that means be really pervy on girls you don't know while wasted and stoned. No thanks..

Oh! Don't forget people sneaking up on you on the lunch line and patting your ass and then screaming because someone touched you and being out of sync for the rest of the day (or until you've calmed down -- whichever comes first).

catatonix

11 Jan 2012, 12:51 pm

DarthMaul wrote:

Oh! Don't forget people sneaking up on you on the lunch line and patting your ass and then screaming because someone touched you and being out of sync for the rest of the day (or until you've calmed down -- whichever comes first).

Well that is yet to happen to me! But damn the more I think about it the more "Wrong Planet" seems like the perfect word to describe autism.

DarthMaul
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Jan 2012, 7:25 pm

catatonix wrote:
DarthMaul wrote:

Well that is yet to happen to me! But damn the more I think about it the more "Wrong Planet" seems like the perfect word to describe autism.

Funny you'd mention that because I was telling my brother that the other day when he asked me what planet I was from.

KnarlyDUDE09
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2012, 12:46 pm

catatonix wrote:
DarthMaul wrote:

That happens to me and I scream so much and so loud, and I tell them to stop doing it- except I don't get patted on the ass, but on the boob by my so called friends, instead...I really hate it because it makes me feel violated! :oops:

catatonix

12 Jan 2012, 4:23 pm

Back to the idea of the message, I just told my dad and he told me thats how all people feel. I've made a list and know that it clearly isn't. I've always thought he might have it too, especially the hating any change part.

Any tips? I just want a chance to get diagnosed. (In the UK by the way).