what is this 'bad boy' stereotype all about?

Page 6 of 8 [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

simon_says
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2011, 11:48 am

I think the assumption is that you carry your hostility around in your body language and eyes. But even if you weren't doing that, you are assuming motives for her actions when you know you have AS and can't read people well.

But even if she didn't like the look of you and found you ugly and scary, that's just one opinion. The world is full of people who won't like you for many reasons. You just move on to the next impression. As you aquire some charm you can bend those odds slightly.

AsteroidNap
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2011, 12:09 pm

girg...

Last edited by AsteroidNap on 16 Sep 2011, 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2011, 12:11 pm

SadAspy wrote:
Sometime today, I'm going to open the door for a woman and then slam it in her face.

That's hot. I'm so turned on.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2011, 12:12 pm

SadAspy wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
SadAspy wrote:
Sometime today, I'm going to open the door for a woman and then slam it in her face.

not terribly surprised that you would cross over into actually acting on the bitterness and negativity that you carry around. women are not horrible creatures who deserve bad treatment from anyone - any more than men are such creatures.

there is no excuse for being mean to a random person. it has nothing to do with her.... but it has everything to do with your own internal issues. you're choosing to behave unacceptably. you really can't hide your inner rage from women. they will sense it and act accordingly. women will give you a wider and wider berth and be less and less likely to even be polite to you. they have no reason to be nice to you when clearly you carry around so much nastiness.

therapy is strongly recommended if you actually want to change anything, because at this poijnt you are creating your own problems.

Please tell me how this woman who wouldn't let me open the door for her knew that I posted mean things on wrongplanet.

And I've been to therapists. They can't make me attractive to women.

i have met a few men in my life who were angry and bitter at women, and it was visible fairly quickly upon talking to them.

i have no idea whether that woman you held the door open for could tell (i didn't say that, in fact). but if you are feeling that much anger that you will be poised and waiting to slam a door in someone's face... i do believe that could be noticeable, and it will continue to be noticeable to women you interact with. i hope she DOES detect it, but maybe she won't notice and you will end up hurting her feelings quite badly. it's like kicking a cat because some other cat bit you.

therapy will maybe help you to be less bitter and have fewer urges to act out in a nasty way - and that WOULD make you more attractive to women.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2011, 12:21 pm

I also predicted that Zinnel's reply was unnecessary and would make things worse.

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2011, 12:24 pm

SadAspy wrote:

This used to happen quite frequently several years ago.
I hated the world and while I made an effort hiding it other people could see throuh it and they acted in a similar way towards me. I had doors slammed at my face and people joking about it once a month...

Sometime ago it stopped happening, I changed my attitude and people noticed that I was nicer towards everyone so there was no need to slam doors at my face any longer.

Yesterday(I kid you not this actually happened yesterday) I had a door slammed at my face again. This girl didnt notice that I was behind her when she was closing the door so I had to make an effort stopping the door to avoid being hit by hit. Said girl then spent over 5 minutes apologizing while I tried to explain her that I understand that she didnt mean to harm me.(You have already assumed this girls mean intentions without talking with her about it)

In my experience if you expect everyone to be mean towards you they are going to be because they notice that you are always questioning their intentions... If you however display a nicer attitude most people will treat you nicerly. Sure you may have some trouble with people that are going to try to take advantage of your niceness but you learn from your own mistakes and you will be able to determine who you can trust and who you cant in little/no time and gender isnt a factor on who you should/shouldnt trust.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt255139.html

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2011, 12:37 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Sometime today, I am going to open the sewer and say hi to my IT friend.

Does he know how to fix computers?

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2011, 12:39 pm

A bad boy is an American High School jock or a biker, both of which are horrible bullies and beat up nerds, and then get the girl.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2011, 12:40 pm

Moog wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Sometime today, I am going to open the sewer and say hi to my IT friend.

Does he know how to fix computers?

Of course, he knows how to fix livers too.

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2011, 4:32 pm

I'm sure SadAspy is a woman. (s)he just knows us too well.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2011, 4:53 pm

Sad aspy only sees what he wants to see. He has ignored every post in here where women are taking about how bad boys are unattractive. He will always only see women being rude to him, because he chooses to ignore anyone who isn't rude to him, or anyone that proves his stupid beliefs wrong.

You can't open someone's eyes for them.

Unless you have some duct tape and tweezers.

Obres
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2011, 5:03 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
Sad aspy only sees what he wants to see. He has ignored every post in here where women are taking about how bad boys are unattractive. He will always only see women being rude to him, because he chooses to ignore anyone who isn't rude to him, or anyone that proves his stupid beliefs wrong.

Well, to be fair, having a strong negative opinion of a person gives you more chance of sleeping with that person than if you didn't notice them at all. And I've known women to claim a guy was a complete as*hole, then reiterate that belief after she'd slept with him. As they say, any publicity is good publicity.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2011, 5:04 pm

I opened a someone's eye once and found a nucleus lens.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2011, 5:05 pm

Obres wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

Well, to be fair, having a strong negative opinion of a person gives you more chance of sleeping with that person than if you didn't notice them at all. And I've known women to claim a guy was a complete as*hole, then reiterate that belief after she'd slept with him. As they say, any publicity is good publicity.

Possibly, I don't see why he's trying it here though, what does he expect, strangers to waste time trying to drum sense into him over IM?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2011, 5:07 pm

Obres wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

*hairy-RAWWRRR* Beware women, I am gonna spank you in public!

SadAspy
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2011, 9:00 pm

Pretty soon I'm killing myself, and you all won't have to listen to me anymore.

And go ahead and ban me...it won't matter soon.