Have you ever woke up with a meltdown?

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Christopherwillson
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2011, 6:46 am

Hey everyone :D , there are a lot of times that i wake up with a meltdown because of loud noises or people talking, mainly just don't respecting my sleep, i always loose my temper and curse to the people involving the noise. Other times i would even kick them(which i feel so bad about), then i would go back to bed and feel so sad about how i just went out of myself and screamed at people.
anyone else having this and any idea to prevend this from happening :?:
Thanks

Aspie score: 182-200

Don't know what to say.

Seventh
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Sep 2011, 6:57 am

Yes I have experienced this, it is awful. I have been woken up in this way with a meltdown and a very bad hangover.

liveandletdie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2011, 7:15 am

ha....sorry just funny picturing you waking up and then kicking someone in the chest.

especially if it was the avatar in your picture.

regardless this has happened to me before, but I dont usually get back to sleep.

Christopherwillson
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2011, 7:17 am

liveandletdie wrote:
ha....sorry just funny picturing you waking up and then kicking someone in the chest.

especially if it was the avatar in your picture.

regardless this has happened to me before, but I dont usually get back to sleep.

haha atleast someone finds it funny :P

it's like being in the Avatar state, must look epic.

Don't know what to say.

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2011, 9:19 pm

A few times. I do not relish the memories.

Valoyossa
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2011, 9:40 pm

I can wake up annoyed, but my meltdown accumulates slowly and then explodes. Sleeping is one of the best parts of my life (and it's 4:40 am here now, I should go to bed), so it can't make me meltdown-prone.

----
My Industrial Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBo5K0ZQIEY

Christopherwillson
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2011, 9:50 pm

Valoyossa wrote:
I can wake up annoyed, but my meltdown accumulates slowly and then explodes. Sleeping is one of the best parts of my life (and it's 4:40 am here now, I should go to bed), so it can't make me meltdown-prone.

we are in the same time zone ;-) Gonna sleep 2 right now. Cya!

Don't know what to say.

Ettina
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2011, 10:33 pm

I dream about having meltdowns, and wake up upset. But it's not meltdown-upset, it's seek-out-comfort-upset. However if someone provoked me at that time I'd probably have a meltdown.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2011, 1:21 am

Yes. Quite often.

mglosenger
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Sep 2011, 5:07 am

Regarding emotions in general, lately I have been looking at myself from a more objective viewpoint, passing my initially desired actions through a higher filter of more logical analysis.. It is almost as though I am observing a childish version of myself and saying 'Huh, I wonder why I would do that' from a more detached viewpoint.

The thing is to not be so easily offended, as though whoever does whatever is doing it to directly insult you. Even if they are, by reacting calmly you can only come out as the victor.

As far as 'how' exactly you separate yourself from your initial instinct, I don't know. Tell yourself that you will, and eventually, you will. It will take time, baby steps, acceleration has to build, etc., etc., etc.

Maje
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2011, 5:10 am

Has happened.

Dont cut the grass 1 meter from my bedroom window 8 o clock in the morning when I have been working late, and it wont happen again.

Christopherwillson
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2011, 8:28 am

mglosenger wrote:
Regarding emotions in general, lately I have been looking at myself from a more objective viewpoint, passing my initially desired actions through a higher filter of more logical analysis.. It is almost as though I am observing a childish version of myself and saying 'Huh, I wonder why I would do that' from a more detached viewpoint.

The thing is to not be so easily offended, as though whoever does whatever is doing it to directly insult you. Even if they are, by reacting calmly you can only come out as the victor.

As far as 'how' exactly you separate yourself from your initial instinct, I don't know. Tell yourself that you will, and eventually, you will. It will take time, baby steps, acceleration has to build, etc., etc., etc.

The worst part is that i usually first ask them to be quite.., they never want to and then it happens BAM! the hulk is in the room.

Don't know what to say.

raisedbyignorance
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2011, 11:32 am

Either if I wake up after only a small amount of sleep (for a stupid reason) or if I woke up from a very depressing dream.