Correlation between liking anime and being dateless

Page 4 of 5 [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Nov 2004
Gender: Female
Posts: 17,054
Location: None

20 Sep 2011, 11:27 pm

CaptainTrips222 wrote:
TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
CaptainTrips222 wrote:
Gifted-Monster wrote:

Try and find conventions and go to 'em. If you can find a girl that loves anime, games or sci-fi books or even tentacle porn as much as you do, she's the one.


Most geek girls are so immature and maladjusted, theres not a chance in hell the relationship would be meaningful. Even another geek guy might feel like he's baby sitting her.


*crosses CaptainTrips222 off dateable list*

I'd rather someone I end up with not think I'm immature and maladjusted just because my interests are classified as 'geeky'.


I said MOST, not YOU. And I unapologetically do mean most.

READ ---> It's someone's personality that makes them immature and maladjusted, not their interests, but I'm going to be blunt- most of the hardcore fan girls are just too childish to deal with. They also often behave inappropriately. If you go around with kitty ears laughing at the top of your voice, arguing heatedly about which final fantasy character is better than another, by all means, cross me off! I'm not amused by it. Maybe it's just me, but that kinda behavior is best left to early grade school. To boot, a lot are extremely self absorbed, to the point of being rude. They're also usually cliquey and standoffish, and don't let you in their life unless you're as developmentally arrested as they are.

And it's not really an elitist thing- it's that I can't have a serious conversation with people like that. I've tried, and in a lot of cases, it's literally all they like to do and talk about. I just can't take someone seriously who's that out of touch with life. I've tutored junior high students who are more grounded than that. And I'm not so naive that I think it wouldn't somehow impact the relationship. I'm almost thirty, and I have no desire to be friends with people who act like third graders.

I have to take something back, though. It's not just geek girls, it's hard core geeks in general that behave like that. I was in an Otaku club at my college, and it was the girls who were the really obnoxious ones, but now that I think about it I have seen a fair share of geek guys who act like that too. Just in that particular situation the guys were a little easier to talk to, and more still and quiet.


It's not even MOST, though. It's A FEW or SOME.



SadAspy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 Oct 2010
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 695
Location: U.S.A.

20 Sep 2011, 11:33 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
for the 5843th time... men and women marry in equal numbers. so what if women have more offers if none of them work out? there is nothing rigged about it if just as many women as men die alone.


There are far more young single males than young single females. Yes, the ratios are reversed with older men and women. Young women marry older men for their money, leaving many younger men out in the cold.

Quote:
you have said you are very educated. perhaps you can find some kind of proof that shows that it is wholly or even mostly rejection from women that leads men to various obsessions. otherwise... it's still just something you've personally conconcted in an attempt to blame all women for your unhappiness. it won't stick because it is an empty theory.


I can't find proof because the media and academia alike refuse to talk about the issue of male datelessness.



hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Nov 2004
Gender: Female
Posts: 17,054
Location: None

20 Sep 2011, 11:34 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
men and women marry in equal numbers. There is nothing rigged about it if just as many women as men die alone.


I think this deserved to be quoted. There are approx an equal number of men and women on this planet.



hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Jul 2010
Age: 48
Gender: Female
Posts: 22,023
Location: with bucephalus

20 Sep 2011, 11:38 pm

SadAspy wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
for the 5843th time... men and women marry in equal numbers. so what if women have more offers if none of them work out? there is nothing rigged about it if just as many women as men die alone.


There are far more young single males than young single females. Yes, the ratios are reversed with older men and women. Young women marry older men for their money, leaving many younger men out in the cold.

Quote:
you have said you are very educated. perhaps you can find some kind of proof that shows that it is wholly or even mostly rejection from women that leads men to various obsessions. otherwise... it's still just something you've personally conconcted in an attempt to blame all women for your unhappiness. it won't stick because it is an empty theory.


I can't find proof because the media and academia alike refuse to talk about the issue of male datelessness.

you haven't explained what happens to all the women who are alone. they occur in equal numbers of single men. what about them, rejected by men? you overlook them as they are not convenient for your theory.

and that is quite an attempt at sidestepping the fact that you do not have any basis for your assertions.


_________________
on a break, so if you need assistance please contact another moderator from this list:
http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt237032.html


AsteroidNap
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Jun 2011
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 601
Location: Santa Monica, CA

21 Sep 2011, 12:04 am

SadAspy wrote:
I can't find proof because the media and academia alike refuse to talk about the issue of male datelessness.


So now it's a conspiracy, is it? :roll: Perhaps it isn't studied by academia because there really isn't this horrendous imbalance as you suggest? Your taking the lack of proof as an affirmation of your theory, which is a blatant rhetorical fallacy.



CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Mar 2009
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,100

21 Sep 2011, 2:48 am

hale_bopp wrote:
CaptainTrips222 wrote:
TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
CaptainTrips222 wrote:
Gifted-Monster wrote:

Try and find conventions and go to 'em. If you can find a girl that loves anime, games or sci-fi books or even tentacle porn as much as you do, she's the one.


Most geek girls are so immature and maladjusted, theres not a chance in hell the relationship would be meaningful. Even another geek guy might feel like he's baby sitting her.


*crosses CaptainTrips222 off dateable list*

I'd rather someone I end up with not think I'm immature and maladjusted just because my interests are classified as 'geeky'.


I said MOST, not YOU. And I unapologetically do mean most.

READ ---> It's someone's personality that makes them immature and maladjusted, not their interests, but I'm going to be blunt- most of the hardcore fan girls are just too childish to deal with. They also often behave inappropriately. If you go around with kitty ears laughing at the top of your voice, arguing heatedly about which final fantasy character is better than another, by all means, cross me off! I'm not amused by it. Maybe it's just me, but that kinda behavior is best left to early grade school. To boot, a lot are extremely self absorbed, to the point of being rude. They're also usually cliquey and standoffish, and don't let you in their life unless you're as developmentally arrested as they are.

And it's not really an elitist thing- it's that I can't have a serious conversation with people like that. I've tried, and in a lot of cases, it's literally all they like to do and talk about. I just can't take someone seriously who's that out of touch with life. I've tutored junior high students who are more grounded than that. And I'm not so naive that I think it wouldn't somehow impact the relationship. I'm almost thirty, and I have no desire to be friends with people who act like third graders.

I have to take something back, though. It's not just geek girls, it's hard core geeks in general that behave like that. I was in an Otaku club at my college, and it was the girls who were the really obnoxious ones, but now that I think about it I have seen a fair share of geek guys who act like that too. Just in that particular situation the guys were a little easier to talk to, and more still and quiet.


It's not even MOST, though. It's A FEW or SOME.


That's just not what I've experienced. MOST of the ones I consider hardcore (I emboldened the adjective above) and not a FEW or SOME, are truly and ridiculously childish. And I can completely understand if nobody would put up with them but each other.



hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Nov 2004
Gender: Female
Posts: 17,054
Location: None

21 Sep 2011, 4:57 am

Well then say it's from your experience in the original post then, ta.



map505
Butterfly
Butterfly

User avatar

Joined: 7 Mar 2010
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 15
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico

21 Sep 2011, 6:25 am

I know how that feels I'm not that much into anime but I do play videogames a lot and most girls look down on that I guess.I would love it if I could find a hot geeky girl who loves videogames as much as I do it would be on!! !! !!



SadAspy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 Oct 2010
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 695
Location: U.S.A.

21 Sep 2011, 9:13 am

AsteroidNap wrote:
SadAspy wrote:
I can't find proof because the media and academia alike refuse to talk about the issue of male datelessness.


So now it's a conspiracy, is it? :roll: Perhaps it isn't studied by academia because there really isn't this horrendous imbalance as you suggest? Your taking the lack of proof as an affirmation of your theory, which is a blatant rhetorical fallacy.


Yeah, I'm the only dateless guy. Look at all the guys here in the same situation. By contrast, how many dateless women are here? Face it....Aspy men end up alone, Aspy women marry just like NT women.

map505 wrote:
I could find a hot geeky girl who loves videogames as much as I do it would be on!! !! !!


Sorry dude, but geeky girls don't want you any more than the hot cheerleader types do. They, too, just want the alpha jocks. Trust me....I've approached enough "geeky" girls.



simon_says
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Jan 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,075

21 Sep 2011, 9:20 am

Ive known two married men who watched children's cartoons regularly (each had a favorite). That may not be as geekily specific as anime but..



Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Oct 2009
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,336
Location: LA-ish

21 Sep 2011, 9:30 am

AsteroidNap wrote:
SadAspy wrote:
I can't find proof because the media and academia alike refuse to talk about the issue of male datelessness.


So now it's a conspiracy, is it? :roll: Perhaps it isn't studied by academia because there really isn't this horrendous imbalance as you suggest? Your taking the lack of proof as an affirmation of your theory, which is a blatant rhetorical fallacy.


I think the "imbalance" he refers to is the disparity in the number of men vs the number of women who habitually engage in casual sex - simple supply and demand is going to strongly favor the most physically desirable males.

In terms of "real" (committed and monogamous) relationships the ratio is exactly 1:1 - no more, no less.



spongy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2010
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,055
Location: Patiently waiting for the seventh wave

21 Sep 2011, 12:39 pm

SadAspy wrote:
AsteroidNap wrote:
SadAspy wrote:
I can't find proof because the media and academia alike refuse to talk about the issue of male datelessness.


So now it's a conspiracy, is it? :roll: Perhaps it isn't studied by academia because there really isn't this horrendous imbalance as you suggest? Your taking the lack of proof as an affirmation of your theory, which is a blatant rhetorical fallacy.


Yeah, I'm the only dateless guy. Look at all the guys here in the same situation. By contrast, how many dateless women are here? Face it....Aspy men end up alone, Aspy women marry just like NT women.

This cant be taken as a sample because its too small.
I could link you to several blogs of lonely females that struggle romantically and try to support each other online and there are plenty of them, that doesnt mean that females have a harder time finding a partner, it just means that there are certain females that feel the need to vent online about the lack of romance in their lifes.
Also there are females here that have complained about their lack of success and all they heard in the past was that females had it easier which didnt help them or their inbox was full of messages from male members when they werent looking for an online relationship so an aspie female may not feel comfortable sharing their lack of dating life here.
SadAspy wrote:
map505 wrote:
I could find a hot geeky girl who loves videogames as much as I do it would be on!! !! !!


Sorry dude, but geeky girls don't want you any more than the hot cheerleader types do. They, too, just want the alpha jocks. Trust me....I've approached enough "geeky" girls.

Are you sure that they just want alpha jocks or does this mean that they rejected to go out with you therefore they must be evil and shallow. Im studying to become an IT and I get to see several geeky girls everyday and I can assure you that each of this girls has a geeky boyfriend, sometimes I wonder how did some guy get a girlfriend and find out that he is dating a classmate or something.


_________________
Please take the time to answer this quick survey to help improve the community

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt255139.html


AsteroidNap
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Jun 2011
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 601
Location: Santa Monica, CA

21 Sep 2011, 3:55 pm

map505 wrote:
I could find a hot geeky girl who loves videogames as much as I do it would be on!! !! !!


Look in the right places and you'll likely find it. The worst thing you can do is fall into the negativity trap, and it is a trap, that is passed off as advice by some.



DeanAdamFry
Toucan
Toucan

User avatar

Joined: 19 Sep 2011
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 266

21 Sep 2011, 3:57 pm

O stop with this "geek" non-sense, what is it with people and their need to "group" a bunch of people?

Anyway to me yes I like anime but I also love playing sports and love going to theme parks, I also like to game and do anything that's exciting or fun, the men who usually complain about not getting a date is usually the men that have very few interests and are not willing to put in effort into getting women.

Anime does not = Geek like playing Sports does not = Alpha Male, it depends on the person themselves and grouping yourself to a group of people isn't going to help you in that regard, being an emo or a chav or whatever is quite childish in itself and it shows weakness, I scare other men & women because I can walk alone and be happy while they can't even take a step out of their group without feeling the need to cling to each other like leeches.

At the end of the day, if you want that woman/man then you need the balls (confidence) to be able to stand on your own two feet.



Apera
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Feb 2008
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 871
Location: In Your Eyes

21 Sep 2011, 7:25 pm

Good news! I stopped liking anime years ago.

Bad news! Still dateless.

:wink:


_________________
When I allow it to be
There's no control over me
I have my fears
But they do not have me


hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Nov 2004
Gender: Female
Posts: 17,054
Location: None

21 Sep 2011, 7:34 pm

DeanAdamFry wrote:
O stop with this "geek" non-sense, what is it with people and their need to "group" a bunch of people?

Anyway to me yes I like anime but I also love playing sports and love going to theme parks, I also like to game and do anything that's exciting or fun, the men who usually complain about not getting a date is usually the men that have very few interests and are not willing to put in effort into getting women.

Anime does not = Geek like playing Sports does not = Alpha Male, it depends on the person themselves and grouping yourself to a group of people isn't going to help you in that regard, being an emo or a chav or whatever is quite childish in itself and it shows weakness, I scare other men & women because I can walk alone and be happy while they can't even take a step out of their group without feeling the need to cling to each other like leeches.

At the end of the day, if you want that woman/man then you need the balls (confidence) to be able to stand on your own two feet.


Thanks for biting. You're the first one who has :wink: