Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

WeirdGuy3008
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Sep 2011, 5:09 pm

Hello. I am a confused 18 year old male in his first year of college.
I am one of those nerdy outcasts that has no friends. I HATE talking to people. I had to leave sophmore year of highscool because I couldn't handle being around people.
I have trouble understanding complex things and deep meanings and emotions. When I watch movies and read books I like it to be straight forward, no symbolism or reading between the lines.
I have gone to a psychiatrist who said I have depression, but I used to take depression pills but they did not work. That was last year. Now I have been diagnosed with adult ADD because I have a hard time doing the same thing for longer than 10 minutes.
My baby neice was born last month and I was there when she was born and I held her and stuff and people got mad at me because I did not be happy or cry or something, i kept a normal face and did not understad what they wanted.
Right now I have made a secret base in my closet pretending it is deep underground, but my sister made fun of me when she found out and said to act my age. I prefer staying in my room on my computer than leaving home.
I have an IQ of 121 but I do very badly in school because it is hard to comprehend.

So now I am thinking maybe why I do not fit in with anyone is because i might have mild autism? I can talk normal around certain people like my mom but others I do not like to say anything and avoid the situation.

I do not know what I am supposed to do. I think it would be rude to tell my mother that I think I might have mild autism becasue I have told her I might have Depression and ADD(which turned out to be true). She probably thinks I just want attention for saying so much things. How do these things work? Ask for a diagnosis from a doctor or just pretend I might have it and see how that works out

Sorry if I was offensive in anything I have written i do not mean to be, or annoying if I put it in a wrong place. I respect this community very much, I've been reading it for a few weeks now.

jared34
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Sep 2011, 5:52 pm

A lot of us here are the same. I hate talking to people too and it's hard to focus. Medication has little effect on me as well.

A lot of us also show very little emotion. You probably do have an Autism Spectrum Disorder.

diniesaur
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2011, 7:18 pm

I don't see why it would be rude to tell your mom you might have Asperger's Syndrome. What gave you that idea? I think you don't need to be so scared about it, especially if the last thing you told her about was true. Also, especially if you do have Asperger's Syndrome, I don't think you should worry about trying to figure out what people like your mom think on your own--just ask them! I tell normal people this, too. I think there's nothing you can lose (unless there's something seriously wrong with your mom)--at worst, you don't have it and you suffer some Embarrasement and Social Discomfort, which doesn't matter anyway because it's not really important :lol: