Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

MasterJedi
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2011, 8:57 am

My Olivia (4) has started school. The first week, I got reports of defiance and off doing her own thing and not listening when told to come do some things or not to do some things. They found it necessary to call in an observer to observe and report her findings. Today, I had a meeting with that person. She said that it may be behavioral or "something else". I inquired what the "something else" could be. She mentioned a spectrum disorder. We talked about her being seen by a doctor to be diagnosed.

I have to say that I'm not upset at this. Asperger's has many wonderful qualities to it and some negative but if caught early enough, she can lead a fulfilling life and have a positive school experience. I imagine my wife will be a little more upset over this. I mean, it's not written in stone yet.

Just thought I'd stop back by to tell you folks about it.

That is my spot, in an ever changing world, it is a single point of consistency. If my life were expressed as a function on a four dimensional Cartesian coordinate system, that spot, from the moment I first sat on it, would be 0-0-0-0.

SuperTrouper
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2011, 9:20 pm

You have a great attitude!

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2011, 10:15 pm

I hope school will work out for her. Good sign that they considered a spectrum condition off the bat.

It wouldn't be surprising at all if she is AS, given the strong apparent genetic component to it.

Mostly I'm just in shock that she is this old already. I remember you posting about her when she was an infant! Or at least I think I do ;) Have I really been on this forum that long?!