Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

leetc
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Sep 2011, 10:36 pm

My name is Leif and I'm 10 years old. I am in 5th grade. Some of my passions are geography, science, pokemon, and animals to name a few. I am a Weblos 2 in cub scouts. I used to play soccer. I play the clarinet and am in chorus in school.

I think it would be nice to meet other kids who are aspies. I'm not good at doing group work. Sometimes it's a little hard to make friends. Sometimes people call me names or give me a hard time because I move/walk a bit different or because of my interests.

I wonder if anyone else has to deal with the kind of things I have to deal with everyday. I wonder how others deal with things like this. It would mean a lot to me if I could make friends who understand me.

MetalClassicRock123
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

23 Sep 2011, 11:37 pm

OK, first off, when I was your age, EVERYONE was addicted to Pokemon, including myself. Second, I have horrible coordination issues. Third, yes I did. I've suffered bullying all through my life. There's gonna be douche bags wherever you go. If you wanna talk, message me. :)

Hope you enjoy this site :)

"Subdivisions," Rush

"As a boy he was considered somewhat odd
Kept to himself most of the time
He would daydream in and out of his own world
but i

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2011, 12:57 am

you sound like a well-rounded fellow. i had trouble finding friends during grade school. it got easier in college because more folks had similar interests. now, i'm married to a great guy and have a job i like. still don't have tons of friends. i have a cat, who doesn't mind my quietness. i highly recommend having an affectionate pet.

do you have siblings?

leetc
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Sep 2011, 9:27 pm

MetalClassicRock123 wrote:
OK, first off, when I was your age, EVERYONE was addicted to Pokemon, including myself. Second, I have horrible coordination issues. Third, yes I did. I've suffered bullying all through my life. There's gonna be douche bags wherever you go. If you wanna talk, message me. :)

Hope you enjoy this site :)

Hi! Thanks for writing! Do you still like pokemon? I like to make new ones for fun and I'm going to send some of them to Nintendo. I'm sorry that people bullied you. What grade are you in now? What do you want to do when you grow up?

leetc
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Sep 2011, 9:33 pm

cathylynn wrote:
you sound like a well-rounded fellow. i had trouble finding friends during grade school. it got easier in college because more folks had similar interests. now, i'm married to a great guy and have a job i like. still don't have tons of friends. i have a cat, who doesn't mind my quietness. i highly recommend having an affectionate pet.

do you have siblings?

Hi Cathylynn! Thanks! What breed is your cat? What is your cat's name? I have a dog that is a golden retriever and an old dog that is half black labrador and half chow chow. We have 2 cats, a fat one and an old Maine Coon. My affectionate is Max, my golden retriever. He always gets us to play fetch and he jumps and cuddles with me and stuff. I think he's a great dog and he helps me feel better when I am sad.

I do not have any siblings. I am pretty fine without siblings especially since I have learned they can be rowdy! It's just me and my mom and my dogs and my cats and my gerbils.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2011, 10:50 pm

my cat is just a domestic short-hair named Smoke or Schmupp or Bubba. nice of you to ask. i'm glad you have Max.

i have 3 sisters, which gives me someone to talk to on occasion.

i also have a collection of long distance friends, whom i keep in touch with via email. once i make a friend, since it doesn't happen often, i nurture the relationship.

i was very close to my mom growing up. my dad was never home, either working or at the bar.

i really like music. have played lots of instruments and now sing with a large local group. hope you get lots of pleasure out of the clarinet.

i was a girl scout. scouting is a possible place to make friends. i have a life-long friend from scouts.

if you are so inclined, church is another good place to make friends. i don't go anymore, but have some friends i've kept from there.

how are you doing in classes at school?

DragonB
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Jul 2012, 12:05 am

me to i am new and like it here so far.

zeanna
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Aug 2015, 1:53 pm

Hi I'm new too I'm 11 and I feel the egsact same way and I would like to make some new friends too