I'm having difficulty finding a full-time job

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

freebird1987
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Sep 2011, 4:35 pm

Right now, my mom is bitching at me to look for a full-time job. I have a BA in English and the only job experience I had was working as a bagger for a grocery store, which I'm doing now. The only entry-level jobs I can find that are available are jobs in sales, marketing, accounting, and management, all of which I have absolutely no interest in. Because of my Asperger's, I have very limited people skills. Even though I have a degree in English, I have absolutely no interest in teaching. I'm not really good at anything that could be important in the real world. I don't know what I want to do with my life and I'm at a loss at what I should do on looking for a job.

Apera
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2011, 5:14 pm

I don't have a degree and am trying to find some kind of employment. I might be able to intern at a local college lab...

The fact is, your degree may have nothing to do whatsoever with your eventual career. I've heard of people with music degrees working in aerospace. So find what you DO want and go after that.

But they do not have me

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2011, 5:20 pm

Redacted.

Last edited by Willard on 01 Oct 2011, 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

freebird1987
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Sep 2011, 11:03 am

The thing is, I don't really want to do anything. A part of me just doesn't care. But I know that I have to do something if I want to be on my own.