What reputation do you have in your town?

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

alex
Developer
Developer

19 Sep 2006, 6:39 pm

Litigious wrote:
I'm known as the bombmaker and a troublemaker, maybe a sexual pervert, some people think I'm an angel and some think I'm a devil. I live in a commune with about 50000 people.

Most people don't know me and most who does, doesn't know I'm an aspie, but they think I'm one or several of stated above.

A commune? What kind? Please explain.

Litigious
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2006, 8:57 am

Oh, it's just called a commune. We don't have towns in traditional meaning in Sweden since 1971. Most towns were merged together with the surrounding countryside and thereafter called "communes" instead of "towns". A few greater cities (great with Swedich measures) and very old towns have reclaimed the name "stad" (town/city), but it has no judicial meaning, it's just a title.

'Tis munny in my purse.

Leobluum
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Sep 2006, 11:24 pm

Nice guy but kind of wierd. can be forgetful and absented minded. People who know me would say I tend to focus on one thing, and then other things become neglected.

People think there is something about that guy that turns me off to him, but I don't know what.

I have recently discovered that I am an aspie, but I must keep it a secret locally because it could hurt me in my profession.

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Middle Earth. Er, I mean Wellywood. Wait, Wellington.

22 Sep 2006, 11:55 pm

I actually have no idea what my reputation around my town is! I live in the suburbs of Island Bay, and most people there mind their own buisness. I'm probably seen as the odd guy, but it's more of a casual title than a literal one. I do know several other teenagers in the area (don't worry, I'm one myself) so there's always someone around somewhere who knows me. I have a friend who's actually quite social, and whenever I'm with him in a group it makes me feel that little bit less nervous, and he introduces me and all that (I usually just reply with 'hi' and listen in the conversation), which I find really neat.

Everyone around town has an accepting kind of nature, and combined with the fact that I most often mean well makes for a better situation for me. As I've started to realise how Asperger's is important, I've actually asked my friends whether or not they've heard of it. If they had, I say that I have it, and they go "Oh, okay.", we have a brief talk on situations where it was obvious, and then get back to what we were talking about. If they hadn't, I explain what it is and they take it in and accept it. And guess what? They still act the same way as they did before I told them, but with a more understanding tone, if you know what I mean.

Is it just me, or has nearly everyone around here had some sort of abuse that's affected them? I know I've been bullied at school but I always used the ignore tactic, which most often worked.

In a way
And sadness turned to comfort
We all go there