Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 9:02 pm

vermontsavant wrote:
i ran my name through but luckily nothing came up.

Another good reason to protect one's personal identity on the internet.

An additional one is spokeo.com. Anyone can type your name in and find out what the front of your house looks like, and the name of your spouse and children, if they decide they don't like something you said on the internet.

The world is becoming a very small place; privacy is becoming a thing of the past, a precious commodity, when people are intent on intervention in your space.

The final one is, no one has any idea who you they are talking to on the internet, most of the time; not good to be the only one with a IRL identity surrounded by people in costumes. One slip up, and Google will likely find you forever.

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 11:17 pm

I was hired as a mechanic to work at a Pacific Gas and Electric hydro-electric generation project. When I went through the safety orientation and walk through tour of the plant I naturally asked the plant operations manager a lot of Thomas Edison like questions about the facility and the machines and technology that they were using and he was happy to answer them. The neurotypicals would dare not ask any questions even if their lack of understanding of the safety protocols would cost them their lives. Of course my boss had a fit and the next day he fired me and wanted me to confess to him that I was not really a mechanic. I refused to confess that I was an idiot but rather showed him my certification card for training in industrial electronics and robotics. My boss was rather taken aback that I dared to defy him and refused to believe me that I was qualified for the job so I stopped arguing with him because I realized that there was nothing that I could say that would change his mind.

Had I acted like a neurotypical there is no doubt in my mind that I would have held down the job longer but for me acting like a neurotypical does not come natural for me. I have a lot of ambition and I would like to make a name for myself and have people remember me when I die.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 11:29 pm

aspie48 wrote:
you guys are ignoring the fact that most americans have a bad image of autism due to things in the media. we need to portray autistic people as upright citizens who have a place in society but occasionally need supports and education but don't deserve torture, death and bullying. that was really the point i tried to make.

Why does it seem that whenever someone says "We need to..." that someone usually means anyone else except him or her?

So you've pointed out the alleged threat, and you've stated a goal. How about a freaking plan, already?

Just how are "We" going to portray Autistic people as upright citizens when it seems that many of them seem to see a heinous conspiracy everywhere they look? Come to think of it ... why does it seem that conspiracy theorists present as having "... significant difficulties in social interaction, along with restricted and repetitive patterns of behavior and interests", just like Aspies?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2011, 4:22 am

Fnord wrote:
why does it seem that conspiracy theorists present as having "... significant difficulties in social interaction, along with restricted and repetitive patterns of behavior and interests", just like Aspies?

Maybe it's because conspiracy theorists are self-diagnosed aspies? XD And also I don't like the difficulties in social interaction thing too. I socialize just fine, but with 'aspies'. THey're just a lot rarer than Standard Humans.

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2011, 10:18 pm

To7m wrote:
Look on the bright side; after they've killed us all, and the ethnic and religious minorities, they'll probably finally get round to wiping out left-handed people

What about left-handed autistics?

:(

to his Interest."

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

05 Oct 2011, 10:34 pm

aspie48 wrote:
you guys are ignoring the fact that most americans have a bad image of autism due to things in the media. we need to portray autistic people as upright citizens who have a place in society but occasionally need supports and education but don't deserve torture, death and bullying. that was really the point i tried to make.
Nobody deserves to be bullied or tortured to death. Those things aren't exclusive to people with ASD's.

ducky9924
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

06 Oct 2011, 12:01 am

Frankly I think people on ED have their own disorder. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathyhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathy

Its not the NTs I worrie about. Its the Psycopaths that silently rule us.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2011, 2:51 pm

ducky9924 wrote:
Frankly I think people on ED have their own disorder. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathyhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathy

Its not the NTs I worrie about. Its the Psycopaths that silently rule us.

There was a link in another thread, I clicked on for ED, and it had Steve Jobs death linked on the Aspergers page, even though he was never diagnosed with Aspergers or suggested to have it. His death was made fun of in a sick, twisted way. I'm thinking only a select few that click on the link ever go back for seconds.

If the wiki article is correct, it is good that only 1 percent of the population are estimated to meet the required critieria to be a psychopath. Since Autism is about 1 percent of the population, while we may be targets of some psychopaths, because of their rarity, I doubt many of us actually have personal relationships with true psychopaths.

I've never worried about the so called "NT's" and I think when people group them together and say bad things about them as a majority of the population, it is not much better than what ED does to people.

Some of the nicest, most accepting people I have known have been what is referred to as "NT's". There is good and bad elements among all individuals, that is affected by much more than genetics.

My understanding is that science currently believes there are genetic links that may contribute to the personality of a psychopath.

ED represents a small, twisted, segment of society; most people wouldn't step foot in that place.

Delirium
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2011, 4:05 pm

Jeffrey228 wrote:
On selected people, as well as those who seem to try to support Autism and Aspergers become targets themselves on that site, 4Chan is the same way, and right now sites that advertise stuff like this would be part of the people who want Autism cured or face those with Autism faced being killed or put to death.

ED and 4chan doesn't want autistic people to be exterminated. They're making fun of the drama llamas who use it as an excuse for everything and think that autism gives them superpowers.

Also, they make fun of everyone. They aren't singling any particular group out.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2011, 4:39 pm

Delirium wrote:
Jeffrey228 wrote:
On selected people, as well as those who seem to try to support Autism and Aspergers become targets themselves on that site, 4Chan is the same way, and right now sites that advertise stuff like this would be part of the people who want Autism cured or face those with Autism faced being killed or put to death.

ED and 4chan doesn't want autistic people to be exterminated. They're making fun of the drama llamas who use it as an excuse for everything and think that autism gives them superpowers.

Also, they make fun of everyone. They aren't singling any particular group out.

Making fun of Steve Jobs death, and suggesting he had AIDs, isn't my idea of parody and making fun of somone; it's kind of sick in my opinion.

The man stood tall, to the last days of existence with Cancer to make an impact in the world. Not many spirits are that strong.

I'm sure the family of Steve Jobs is beyond giving it any attention at all, but you are definitely correct, ED doesn't limit their parody and criticisms to particular individuals, they appear to provide it in healthy doses, even in cases where it does not appear to be warranted.

ETHAN1994
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Oct 2011, 9:58 am

Neotokyomushroom wrote:
Calm down son, calm down. No persecution going on here or where you are. Not against autistics anyway. Have a cup of tea and relax. :)

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking.

Tamagotchi
Kingdom Hearts
Politics of Norway
NCIS
Eurovision Song Contest
Disney

? Jesus Rules! ?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2011, 1:29 pm

No! No! My worst nightmare has f*****g come to reality! So I'm going to f*****g be thrown into those f*****g horrible concentration camps and tortured like f**k and then burnt in the ovens?! No f*****g way! NO f*****g WAY!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! ! I knew it would come to this! I knew I wouldn't be able to live my full life because of this motherfucking c**t of a f****d up disorder I had to be born with! And my NEUROTYPICAL family can just carry on being treated normally just because they are NORMAL?! !! f*****g bollocks. This is f*****g bollocks. How can my f*****g life get any worse! I'm going to f*****g bash the f*****g government's heads in with a baseball bat and f**k up their f*****g brains so that they will be disabled and then see how THEY like to be f*****g ill-treated in those f*****g horrible concentration camps.

And you think having Autism is a wonderful blessing? Think again!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !

I might aswell go to the woods right now, climb up a tree, tie up a rope, put my head through the loop, and jump off. That's it, dead without suffering.

The next person to say ''I enjoy having Autism and I wouldn't choose to be NT ever'', I will punch.

monstermunch
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Oct 2011, 1:48 pm

Joe90 wrote:
No! No! My worst nightmare has f***ing come to reality! So I'm going to f***ing be thrown into those f***ing horrible concentration camps and tortured like f**k and then burnt in the ovens?! No f***ing way! NO f***ing WAY!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! ! I knew it would come to this! I knew I wouldn't be able to live my full life because of this f**** c**t of a f**** up disorder I had to be born with! And my NEUROTYPICAL family can just carry on being treated normally just because they are NORMAL?! !! f***ing bollocks. This is f***ing bollocks. How can my f***ing life get any worse! I'm going to f***ing bash the f***ing government's heads in with a baseball bat and f**k up their f***ing brains so that they will be disabled and then see how THEY like to be f***ing ill-treated in those f***ing horrible concentration camps.

And you think having Autism is a wonderful blessing? Think again!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !

I might aswell go to the woods right now, climb up a tree, tie up a rope, put my head through the loop, and jump off. That's it, dead without suffering.

The next person to say ''I enjoy having Autism and I wouldn't choose to be NT ever'', I will punch.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, calm down, mate. That is not going to happen. They stopped all that a long time ago, and they kept the concentration camps in Poland as a legacy for rememberance, to make sure it doesn't happen again one way or another.
If anything these days in the UK they practically wrap people with disabilities up in cotton wool. I know it's hard to claim incapacity/disability benefits if you're only mild because the UK government are very tight don't forget, and you may come to points in your life where you feel you are being pushed out of support and left to get on with it on your own but that's an entirely different thing. I've read in some of your other posts that you are getting help with the jobcentre to find work, and that you are capable of work. But thats beside the point. Persecuting ASDs people is not going to happen.

The country has gotten too soft. Now calm down and worry about things what are more likely to happen, like a job interview or being rejected when asking someone out or something like that. :)

spirtualpatterns
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Oct 2011, 10:33 am

Brothers and Sisters let us make this journey together towards the path of enlightenment.

LunaUlysses
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Oct 2011, 1:52 am

spirtualpatterns wrote:
Brothers and Sisters let us make this journey together towards the path of enlightenment.

"Ooooooohmmm" *Meditate*

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2011, 10:53 am

This is an old thread by my standards.

Man, the old days. When aspie48 was a supremacist and people with an agenda were breathing down my back. Well at least one of those things changed for the better!