Herman Cain: Another Country Club Conservative Elitist

Page 1 of 9 [ 137 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Before commenting on this thread, did you actually watch the video?
Yes, all of it! 67%  67%  [ 6 ]
I watched most of it. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I watched less than half of it. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I watched none of it, I don't have video software! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I watched none of it, as there are no facts imaginable that could *possibly* portray Herman Cain as an elitist! I came here solely to defend Cain against critiques whose details I know next to nothing about! 33%  33%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 9

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 2:00 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TawnKN3_kiM[/youtube]

Last edited by Master_Pedant on 05 Oct 2011, 9:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 2:02 pm

You do realize Herman Cain was born into a impovershed to lower middle class family... He actually got rich from his own hard work.

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 2:05 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
You do realize Herman Cain was born into a impovershed to lower middle class family... He actually got rich from his own hard work.

There are many self-made millionaires who aren't unreflective dicks when it comes to people who are still poor. Being nouveau riche isn't an excuse for being a dick.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 2:07 pm

Master_Pedant wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

There are many self-made millionaires who aren't unreflective dicks when it comes to people who are still poor. Being nouveau riche isn't an excuse for being a dick.

I think he has little patience for people that just sit back and blame white people or the rich for their problems.

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 2:39 pm

Inuyasha wrote:

that is quite the range I think we will need a sharper focus. :lol:

Their hungry thirsty roots??

http://jakobvirgil.blogspot.com/

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 2:42 pm

JakobVirgil wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

that is quite the range I think we will need a sharper focus. :lol:

:lol:

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 4:18 pm

Master_Pedant wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

In other words you can work your way out of poverty but you have to be a liberal?
I'd say it's conservative principles that got him out of poverty.
Unless he has his sights on becoming the prime minister of Canaduh I think you'll be safe enough.
:roll:

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 4:25 pm

Master_Pedant wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

But being a conservative is often an excuse for being a dick.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 5:50 pm

marshall wrote:
Master_Pedant wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

Really the people that discriminated against me have all happened to be liberals and some of them even ran for political office as Democrats.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 5:56 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
marshall wrote:
Master_Pedant wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

Really the people that discriminated against me have all happened to be liberals and some of them even ran for political office as Democrats.

I wonder why that is?

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 6:02 pm

marshall wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
marshall wrote:
Master_Pedant wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

I wonder why that is?

Okay volunteering at a public library for years, tried to turn it into a part-time job and they then turned around and said I was, "too high-maintainence and asked too many questions."

An instructor, freshman year (high school) biology told me he gave me a 0 on an exam, because I used a word processor instead of writing things out by hand (the word processor had absolutely no memory and required disks to save things to). It took the Assistant Principle writing the guy a letter saying that his behavior was unacceptable and in violation of the Americans with Disability Act, in order for the guy to regrade the test. Then he (the instructor) claimed he was joking...

So would you like to take back what you said?

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 6:29 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
marshall wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
marshall wrote:
Master_Pedant wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

I wonder why that is?

Okay volunteering at a public library for years, tried to turn it into a part-time job and they then turned around and said I was, "too high-maintainence and asked too many questions."

An instructor, freshman year (high school) biology told me he gave me a 0 on an exam, because I used a word processor instead of writing things out by hand (the word processor had absolutely no memory and required disks to save things to). It took the Assistant Principle writing the guy a letter saying that his behavior was unacceptable and in violation of the Americans with Disability Act, in order for the guy to regrade the test. Then he (the instructor) claimed he was joking...

I don't see why he should.

People can hire or not hire whoever they want, right?

And you had one as*hole teacher.

Not like you established that these people are liberals either, are we supposed to depend on some sort of stereotype to determine their political alignment?

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 6:34 pm

Raptor wrote:
Master_Pedant wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

In other words you can work your way out of poverty but you have to be a liberal?
I'd say it's conservative principles that got him out of poverty.

Honestly, do I NEED to spell this out for you? Well, I didn't think I'd have to spell it out for you, but it looks like I must. Making an ad where you insinuate that non-wealthy African Americans are compulsive gambling, welfare dependent, adulterers is being dickish. Honestly, how the f*ck did you infer that saying "Herman Cain is being a conservative elitist dick for making this ad" means "you have to be liberal if you work your way out of poverty"? :roll:

Raptor wrote:
Unless he has his sights on becoming the prime minister of Canaduh I think you'll be safe enough.
:roll:

Maybe your education failed to inform you of this, but we live in something called a GLOBAL economy. Pricks elected in one country, especially if it's a superpower like the US, can f*ck up the whole world with their poor decision making.

Last edited by Master_Pedant on 02 Oct 2011, 6:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 6:36 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Master_Pedant wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

I think he has little patience for people that just sit back and blame white people or the rich for their problems.
I guess that if you have vested interests in believing the myth of 'self-made' rich to justify your luck and coincidences that made you rich, you would be quite a snob too.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 6:48 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
marshall wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
marshall wrote:
Master_Pedant wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

I wonder why that is?

And you think the reason you got slighted by these people must have had something to do with their political persuasion?

As for conservatives using their ideology as an excuse to act like insensitive dicks, just take the case of Tea Partiers throwing money at a man with cerebral palsy and another man with parkinson's disease.

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 6:52 pm

marshall wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
marshall wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
marshall wrote:
Master_Pedant wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

I wonder why that is?

And you think the reason you got slighted by these people must have had something to do with their political persuasion?

As for conservatives using their ideology as an excuse to act like insensitive dicks, just take the case of Tea Partiers throwing money at a man with cerebral palsy and another man with parkinson's disease.

Funny, as various educational traditionalists (who sorta have a conservative-esque mindset) regularly whine about "grade inflation", "political correctness and concern for children's feelings" ruining education, and the evils of "electronic media" that ensure "people don't learn anymore".