Article: Fat chicks and their ludicrous standards

Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

simon_says
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2011, 9:53 pm

A forum on the internet for socially awkward people and what's on the agenda? Hey, what's up with fat women?

Ah, humanity. Reliable as clockwork.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2011, 10:19 pm

Not every overweight woman is insecure about themselves. Not every slender woman has a bucketload of confidence and self esteem (for example, me).

MrEGuy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Oct 2011, 10:23 pm

Take a look at the rest of that blog . . .

http://heartiste.wordpress.com/2011/10/ ... -get-laid/

"Another game validating study"? Folks, we got us another poor aspie swimming in PUA sewage.

Crow_T_Robot
Raven
Raven

07 Oct 2011, 10:58 pm

Fat women should be desperate and have no self esteem. Even though I'm completely repulsive to other women, fat women should feel honored that I show interest in them. Instead, they have the nerve to reject me when clearly a union born out of mutual desperation and self-loathing is the only chance either of us have to fulfill our natural urges. It's just another example of how all women prefer Alpha Jocks over nice guys like me who hit on them, even though they're not worthy on account of them being nasty fatties.

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2011, 11:15 pm

strangely, I am finding that as being fatter right now, I am getting more approaches from men, and weirdly feel more confident in my body than when I was thin.

I dont really like looking at all the flab in the mirror, but when I dont have a mirror in front of me, my weight isnt affecting me.

I am a more confident person now, and a lot of it is because I am older now and have a better idea of who I am than I did in past years. So in many ways it is unrelated to weight.

Taking a break.

Crow_T_Robot
Raven
Raven

08 Oct 2011, 12:24 am

zen_mistress wrote:
strangely, I am finding that as being fatter right now, I am getting more approaches from men, and weirdly feel more confident in my body than when I was thin.

I dont really like looking at all the flab in the mirror, but when I dont have a mirror in front of me, my weight isnt affecting me.

I am a more confident person now, and a lot of it is because I am older now and have a better idea of who I am than I did in past years. So in many ways it is unrelated to weight.

There are actually a lot of guys out there that prefer more full-figured women. Some guys even fetishize women who go beyond "overweight" and into the land of "obese". Apparently the author of the blog post has never heard of BBWs. Assuming that just because a girl has a few pounds on her that she should have no standards is pretty darn stupid.

I think attractiveness has quite a bit more to do with confidence than it does with what you look like or how much you weigh. Which isn't to say you can go around looking like Baron Harkonen and think you're sexy and have members of the opposite sex fawning over you, but being comfortable in your own skin, and feeling like you're attractive goes a long way toward convincing other people that you are. I'm pretty chubby, and probably always will be, but in college I had a fairly easy time attracting girls I was attracted to because I was funny and confident and felt comfortable with myself.

ComplexRobot
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Oct 2011, 1:05 am

Yeah, I think that same article could work if you just changed everything relating to fatness and instead made the article about women in general.

No need to point out fat women in particular.

Rocky
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2011, 4:30 am

My conclusion: You can't judge people by the way they look. Their level of confidence may not match your expectations. The author of that blog thought they should match his expectations. I think they have right to have whatever standards they want.

Looks are not as important as the rest of the person. So many unhappy marriages were based on looks, and lead to a quick divorce.

CrinklyCrustacean
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2011, 4:46 am

Quote:
unafraid of the certain immune response it will spastically trigger

Lol. Does he even know what the word "spastic" means?

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2011, 5:11 am

RICKY5 wrote:

you have a strange idea of fun :P

I don't get why anyone should care about this. what a waste of time.

CrinklyCrustacean
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2011, 5:42 am

anna-banana wrote:
RICKY5 wrote:

you have a strange idea of fun :P

I don't get why anyone should care about this. what a waste of time.

It's also badly-argued and full of poor logic.

mv
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2011, 7:01 am

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
I do have ludicrous standards. Now I know it's due to fatty deposits in my body. Those damn things and their attitude problems...

That's not fat, that's attitude you're storing right there. Attitude deposits! No wonder! :wink:

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2011, 8:11 am

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt136567.html

WP rules reminder wrote:
While we understand that many members here have had very frustrating dating (or non-dating) experiences, and that such experiences can lead them to make negative generalizations about the gender involved, Wrong Planet has rules that prohibit any remarks that can be deemed sexist or that make negative generalizations about all members of a gender:

1. Posting offensive language, comments, video, or images.
Unacceptable content includes swearing; racist, sexist, homophobic language; behavior intended to provoke or belittle other members; violent or sexually demeaning content; sexual fetish; and discussion of excretory function. Posting graphic images or videos of people or animals being harmed is prohibited.

This should be a forum where both men and women can be comfortable trying to figure out what is going on in their lives. Generalizations along the lines of "all women are shallow" or "all men are jerks" interfere with that, and are offensive to the members of the gender mentioned. Please be careful to NOT make conclusions or statements that extend beyond your personal experience and the particular people involved.

RICKY5, this is not an acceptable thread for the bolded reasons.