Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Posey1234567
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Oct 2011, 8:49 am

Any idea how to go about getting one? By the way i'm 21 & in the uk.

Twolf
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Oct 2011, 4:29 pm

I found this link: Canine Partners UK

They are located in West Sussex and have dogs available for many different physical conditions, as well as assistance dogs for autism (I noticed they listed the dogs available for children with autism. They may or may not have them available for adults.).

imcaptainkirk
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Oct 2011, 5:44 pm

Search for a local guide dog or assistance dog centre near you. At the moment in the UK usually only children who are on the Autistic spectrum are given assistance dogs. This is due to restricted funds available. I was told to give my details anyway and so I did. The people told me if an opportunity arises they'll get in touch so I suggest you do the same and give your details to whoever is near you just in case luck comes your way. You never know when the law, or funding, or something else unexpected will change circumstances.

Twolf
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Oct 2011, 6:17 pm

imcaptainkirk wrote:
Search for a local guide dog or assistance dog centre near you. At the moment in the UK usually only children who are on the Autistic spectrum are given assistance dogs. This is due to restricted funds available. I was told to give my details anyway and so I did. The people told me if an opportunity arises they'll get in touch so I suggest you do the same and give your details to whoever is near you just in case luck comes your way. You never know when the law, or funding, or something else unexpected will change circumstances.

Thanks for clarifying - I'm not from the UK. I found the link for Canine Partners in hopes that they may be able to assist adults with ASDs as well.

I hope the circumstances change too and dogs are made available for adults with ASDs.