Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

bruinsy33
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Oct 2011, 4:51 pm

Grisha wrote:
I've told my story before so I'll spare you the details, but personally I attribute my success to the following things:

1. I developed a unique talent suited to my AS that was economically valuable.

2. I did not rely "climbing the corporate ladder" as my vehicle for meeting my objectives, I instead created my own niche independent of it.

3. Being aware of your weaknesses is almost as important as being aware of your strengths.

4. Entrepreneurship should be a very serious consideration, if you are relying on NTs to promote you or decide how much to pay you, you may be at a serious disadvantage.
Well said.Perhaps you may not have been successful had you attempted to climb the corporate ladder,that would seem to be something that would require a great deal of social confidence/skill.I agree about being aware of your weaknesses so you can work around them.An example,when it comes to dating or attempting to get in a relationship I now tend to focus on women who already seem to be highly interested in me so as a result less social manuvering is required on my part.I avoid places like bars which is the kind of setting that really exposes my weaknesses [my social awkwardness].

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2011, 5:18 pm

bruinsy33 wrote:
An example,when it comes to dating or attempting to get in a relationship I now tend to focus on women who already seem to be highly interested in me so as a result less social manuvering is required on my part.I avoid places like bars which is the kind of setting that really exposes my weaknesses [my social awkwardness].

That's what I try to do too - but beware, sometimes a woman can be "highly interested" in you for reasons other than the ones you thought she was - I learned this lesson the hard way. :roll:

Read Machiavelli, and realize the "Prince" may also be a "Princess"... :wink: