Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2011, 4:49 pm

I'm 15 years old, I was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome when I was 8 or so and I currently live in Brazil, though in a little under a year I'll be living in Indonesia.

I'm design and program games and write as a hobby. I'm the high school secretary for Student Council at my school, and I'm one of the best students in ever subject, particularly in mathematics, as I'm only sophomore, but I'm taking AP Calculus BC, which isn't even offered at the school. I'm a Mormon, and I'm a fan of The Legend of Zelda and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, which indirectly is what caused me to join this forum. Is there anything else I should tell, or did I say too much, or what?

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2011, 5:16 pm

What you said was just fine, there's no right or wrong in how long your intro should be.

Welcome to WrongPlanet!

ROSSVG
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Oct 2011, 5:26 pm

Hello. I am new here too.

CarolineD
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Oct 2011, 5:33 pm

Me, too. Hello, both of you.

ROSSVG

08 Oct 2011, 6:54 pm

Thank you. Glad to be here.

Heavenite76
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Oct 2011, 9:27 pm

I'm a 35 year old, mother of two awesome kids, who appear to be NT, I however am the "odd duck". I worry that my quirks will cause problems for them and my spouse, so I joined this site hoping to meet others, like myself, who have managed to survive falling through the diagnostic and treatment cracks. What I mean by that is I had an IEP or individual education plan all through school, but they never really gave me a lable. They ruled out a bunch of stuff, but never could tell my parents what it was. In 2007, a therapist who specialized in Dxing adults on the spectrum did several hours worth of tests and gave an affirmative AS DX, but when I took that to the state agency that was supposed to help me get treatment, the intake person there spent several hours of testing and said I had a personality disorder, not an ASD. They wouldn't help. The psychiatric program I went to for the PD, said they didn't believe the PD DX and so wanted to medicate me for bipolar depression. I let them try. The side effects were worse than the whatever it is I have. By 2009, I'd given up on all of it. The thing is now my son is 11 and my daughter is 5 and both have been trying to want to have friends. At first it was ok, because I could make it group stuff like play dates where all the kids got together while all the parents talked, now they want him to do stuff at their houses, and he wants them to come to our house, without the parents, I'm freaking because I am not comfy with being in charge of other people's kids. (I tend to do and say odd ball things that others misconstrue). Hope maybe folks here can help me find the right track to give my kids a normal life, even if mine never is.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2011, 10:58 pm

Welkome to WP!

Mick :)

OddFinn
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2011, 1:33 am

Welcome.

Animegal86
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Oct 2011, 12:26 pm

You did just fine. I'm Victoria and I was actually diagnosed at 15. It is nice to meet you!

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2011, 1:11 pm

Hello there. Welcome to WP, Ganondox. Hope you like it here. :)

Animegal86, I take it you're from Georgia the U.S. state and not Georgia the sovereign country?

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

18 Oct 2011, 2:29 pm

To WrongPlanet!! !Image