How late is 'too late' to get started with a relationship?

Page 1 of 7 [ 109 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Adam82
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2011, 2:29 am

If you're above 25, and have never dated or had a GF, are you beyond hope? I have had periods where I've been interested in someone in particular, but was either too shy to ask her out, or did and got rejected.

I'm now 29. Is this too late? If so, I can at least devote myself to other things in life that make me happy. I can continue with my teaching, and my hobbies. A lot of Asperger men have trouble with relationships, so maybe I should just accept this and focus on other things in life

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2011, 2:31 am

No its never to late you can still find a GF you have plenty of time 8)

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2011, 2:36 am

My husband was 32 when we met and he had never had a girlfriend before. I'm his only woman he's ever had.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2011, 2:39 am

not too late, but it would become harder and harder....

Adam82
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2011, 2:42 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

It's nice to hear I'm not a total lost cause yet :) Though I do agree it gets harder as you get older and people around you start marrying off and pairing up

thedaywalker
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2011, 7:32 am

there's always hope

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2011, 8:41 am

I don't think my uncle met and married his first GF till his late 40's (or thereabouts)

PTSmorrow
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2011, 9:27 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

NO. If you manage to get old and live in a rest home you're going to be one of the rare and courted roosters in the henhouse. From age 60 onwards, time is on the male's side, so don't worry. Rest now, enjoy a fulfilled love life later.

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2011, 10:49 am

I don't think it's ever too late, but I suppose it might get harder to find someone well suited to your expectations - you'd probably lower your standards as you age and get increasingly desperate.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2011, 11:19 am

PTSmorrow wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

NO. If you manage to get old and live in a rest home you're going to be one of the rare and courted roosters in the henhouse. From age 60 onwards, time is on the male's side, so don't worry. Rest now, enjoy a fulfilled love life later.

Sorry......
but what the hell you're talking about?

So I have to hope to live long enough in order things become easier? What about the youth years? Relationship at 70/80 is as fulfilled and as the same as at 20s? lol

I can't see how it wouldn't be harder after 30 especially if you are inexperienced, more and more people of your age are taken, and more and more the gap of experience between you and the girls close to your age become larger, and more and more they would expect better from you.

And if I still stuck bere, I doubt to survive that long lol.

diniesaur
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2011, 11:42 am

PTSmorrow wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

That's a good thought, but you have to take into account the amount of people who are already married as you get older.

OP, this doesn't mean you should give up hope, though. As people get older, they get more mature, and they will be more likely to accept people who are different for who they are.

PTSmorrow
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2011, 12:06 pm

Quote:
Sorry......
but what the hell you're talking about?

The question was "How late is 'too late' to get started with a relationship," and i showed that it's never too late unless you're dead. As statistics prove, the probability to find a female is growing year by year.

Quote:
So I have to hope to live long enough in order things become easier?

Statistically, yes, if you're a straight male.

Quote:
What about the youth years? Relationship at 70/80 is as fulfilled and as the same as at 20s? lol

I understand the lol. However, according to my 92 yrs. old great-aunt, living with her 95 yrs. old bf, they still enjoy their relationship in absolutely every respect.

Furthermore, i don't think that anyone can actually judge the difference. They don't get 70 or 80 and then think about the past as though it would be a lost paradise. Things change gradually but i honestly believe we can meet someone special at any age.

Quote:
I can't see how it wouldn't be harder after 30 especially if you are inexperienced, more and more people of your age are taken, and more and more the gap of experience between you and the girls close to your age become larger, and more and more they would expect better from you.

Agreed after 30, but things change drastically after 60. Not sure whether expectations are the main thing. Possibly for older folks it's more about companionship and personal qualities. Sure a woman in her 20's or 30's will see things differently due to the fact of career and maybe family planning. Around 60 and retired, people get more relaxed and develop altered standards.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2011, 12:36 pm

But 60 is WAAAAAY too late to start a family. Unless you're Hugh Hefner. And to be Hugh Hefner, family planning isn't exactly on the agenda...

PTSmorrow
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2011, 1:14 pm

ToadOfSteel wrote:
But 60 is WAAAAAY too late to start a family.

That's what i said. A woman in her 60's will have left that crap behind herself. Which means she will not look for a guy to raise her brats, but will appreciate other traits and qualities.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2011, 4:49 pm

PTSmorrow wrote:
ToadOfSteel wrote:
But 60 is WAAAAAY too late to start a family.

That's what i said. A woman in her 60's will have left that crap behind herself. Which means she will not look for a guy to raise her brats, but will appreciate other traits and qualities.

PTSmorrow, at what age you started having relationships? and when you lost your virginity?

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2011, 5:36 pm

It's never too late until your looking up at the dirt.

"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people. I once worked with a guy for three years and never learned his name. The best friend I ever had. We still never talk sometimes."