Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

ChrisVulcan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Oct 2011, 9:53 pm

I was watching Law and Order: Special Victims Unit and I started wondering: How do they get child actors to play the parts of underage victims? How do they convince the parents to agree to that? Are they actors only kids who have already been abused? :?

Watch Doctor Who!

MudandStars
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2011, 12:21 am

I doubt they would allow a kid who has been abused to participate in something like that. I guess they get the parents permission and hope the kids naivete helps them a bit.

?Two men looked through prison bars; one saw mud and the other stars.? Frederick Langbridge

Fragmented
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Oct 2011, 12:37 am

I've often wondered this myself. Lots of parents who have children that they want to be actors will lets their kids do whatever the studio wants them to do. They really minimize the kid's part in the show, if you watch, they really only appear in 1 to 2 scenes, say vague generalities about their privates and look sad.

There are all sorts of people on set who wrangle the kids, make sure they only work certain hours, approve the things they say, etc. The kids just think of it as a job.

Parents will agree to anything to get famous kids. It's sad, but I doubt there's any really bad schtuff that happens on set.

Aspie Score: 170 of 200
NT Score: 37 of 200