Iran sentences film actress 90 lashes

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2011, 8:52 am

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/envoy/iran- ... 27275.html

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2011, 10:15 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/envoy/iran-sentences-film-actress-90-lashes-214527275.html

There goes your Muslim. Different mountain, different god.

ruveyn

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2011, 11:53 am

I wish I could convince myself that this was an elaborate Internet hoax. But I can't. Sylkat :cry:

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2011, 11:57 am

I don't understand this world.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2011, 12:31 pm

I'm glad I don't live in that part of the world.

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2011, 12:59 pm

Youch!

SilentOwlScribe
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Oct 2011, 1:16 pm

Why do I always hear of such stories in places such as Iran, or Saudi Arabia? It seems that women are always under attack in these countries especially. I am glad to be born and bred here in the United States. Blessed be.

Samarda
Raven
Raven

11 Oct 2011, 1:25 pm

Last edited by Samarda on 12 Oct 2011, 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2011, 2:59 pm

Sylkat wrote:
I wish I could convince myself that this was an elaborate Internet hoax. But I can't. Sylkat :cry:

It is Shariah law in action. Muslims are not like the rest of us.

ruveyn

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2011, 3:04 pm

I'm mostly worried about whether she'll even survive, with 90 lashes lined up that'll likely be working its way right into her lungs, kidneys, and liver.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2011, 7:08 pm

That's the islamic way for ya.
And some so called Americans, to use the term loosely, want to fill the US with islamics :x.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2011, 7:15 pm

Raptor wrote:
That's the islamic way for ya.
And some so called Americans, to use the term loosely, want to fill the US with islamics :x.

I ended up watching this earlier today when I was bored just to see Zuhdi Jasser debating with some people:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAeup1RTVsY[/youtube]
The recurring theme that kept coming up from both the British and Lebanese certified Sharia scholars - when the issue of gross misjustices in handling rape cases to brutality in places like Iran, both of them kept saying "Yeah but - none of these countries are real Sharia! You haven't seen authentic by-the-books Sharia since the 13th century". Lol, isn't this the same argument Marxists always give for totalitarian states like former USSR and China? That they weren't real Marxism? Lol, I guess we know how it is then - both for Sharia and Marxism...looks GREAT on paper to plenty of people but......you know what follows....

That and, the commentator really dropped the hammer - I saw her starting to smirk toward the end of the Labanese cleric's rants about 30-some minutes in, "We're going to go to a brief intermission" - at which point she drops the other interview in. Wow.

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

12 Oct 2011, 9:01 pm

you can judge a nation by how they treat their women, children and the disabled.
I always found it interesting why these countries that treat women badly are hellholes.

Jojo

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2011, 9:33 pm

jojobean wrote:
you can judge a nation by how they treat their women, children and the disabled.
I always found it interesting why these countries that treat women badly are hellholes.

pfff... yeah, they throw half of their innovation out the window at a minimum, let alone the jobs both sharp men and women could be taking in solving their society's problems as the bottom labor brackets are filled.

Governmental Sharia is one deep thought after another.... :roll:

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

12 Oct 2011, 9:37 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
jojobean wrote:

pfff... yeah, they throw half of their innovation out the window at a minimum, let alone the jobs both sharp men and women could be taking in solving their society's problems as the bottom labor brackets are filled.

Governmental Sharia is one deep thought after another.... :roll:

What is Sharia??

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2011, 9:43 pm

jojobean wrote:
What is Sharia??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharia