Page 1 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

NotlikeU
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Oct 2011, 1:58 am

Ive always been a night owl, ever since i was young. does anybody else find anything enticing about the silence of midnight? anyone like walking in the woods at night? Maybe im alone on this one.

Troy_Guther
Toucan
Toucan

14 Oct 2011, 2:14 am

Dont be ridiculous. I love the night.

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2011, 2:18 am

Cool name for a thread. It sounds like an album, almost.

Yeah, but who doesn't like the night. Peaceful, yet exciting, and much less depressing than afternoon.

NotlikeU
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Oct 2011, 2:29 am

Haha, ya does sound like an album, sounds like a boots electric album. Funny cuz jesse hughes sings " id say I love you but you otta know I only love the night and I'm always on the gogo"

LostUndergrad9090
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2011, 2:34 am

definitely love the night.

jackbus01
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2011, 2:50 am

I work nights and I prefer that there are fewer people outside and around because of this.

KemoreJ
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Oct 2011, 4:28 am

Yep love the night. Its very relaxing. I love to walk at night because there is less visual stimuli. At day I keep my head down but at night I can gaze at the stars while I'm walking. I also find the moon very calming and refreshing. But I like my circadian rythms too so I always try to get to bed by 9pm.

:D

danmac
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2011, 9:02 am

THE NIGHT KICKS BUTT!!
i haven't seen a hunters moon(the brightest moon in the cycle) in a wial, hope we get one soon.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2011, 10:26 am

I've always slept better in the day time and got a more restful sleep than I did at night. I've always found near impossible to sleep at night. I would lie in bed for hours as young as three and when I told my parents I wasn't tried, my dad would yell at me, "Well get tired!" My mom says I've just gotten my sleep schedule all mixed up, but I've been trying for years to be able to sleep well at night and it's just proving impossible. I think some people are just predisposed to be nocturnal and others are predisposed to be durineal.

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2011, 11:48 am

If London were to be safe at night, I would be going for walks at 23:00-00:00 every night. Unfortunately my friend and a friend of hers went for a walk in Morden (suburb of Greater London) at 1am once and was mugged by a couple of youths, and she came out with bruises. Morden is right next to where I live so I was quite scared by that. Also, I sometimes hear fights outside my house at night, and last time I ventured out (dangerously and foolishly) at night, I saw a group of youths vandalising a van.

Unfortunate as I like being out at night. If I still lived with my dad (or if he still lived in the country), I would ask him to take me out at night as he's over 180cm tall and weighs about 98kg; he does a lot of heavy weightlifitng in the gym too so not many people would try to attack him, or attack me when I'm with him! (Also, he was in the army a while ago!)

johnsmcjohn
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2011, 11:52 am

I love the night. I have been a niteowl since I was a child. I rarely get to sleep before 2-3am unless I am either sick, drunk, or have been awake more than 24 hours.

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the Andes, counting the stars and wondering if one of them is home to another civilization

14 Oct 2011, 12:08 pm

I love the night, especially with the stars and the moon. I don't like nights with a full moon, though. I hear way too many gunshots followed by the sound of bullets whizzing by me. I like finding the spent bullets, though. I've been making some decent income with the way the silver markets have been acting.

graywyvern
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2011, 1:36 pm

I have been one acquainted with the night.
I have walked out in rain -- and back in rain.
I have outwalked the furthest city light.

I have looked down the saddest city lane.
I have passed by the watchman on his beat
And dropped my eyes, unwilling to explain.

I have stood still and stopped the sound of feet
When far away an interrupted cry
Came over houses from another street,

But not to call me back or say good-bye;
And further still at an unearthly height,
A luminary clock against the sky

Proclaimed the time was neither wrong nor right.
I have been one acquainted with the night.

reasoning." --William Blake

Kaelynn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Oct 2011, 3:15 pm

Im a night lover too! Every night this past year I went to bed around 3 am but then they made me go to school so staying up til 3 am isnt the best idea. So now I just lay awake and fight my mind to let me get some sleep around 12 am

AstraeaLunaAvani
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Oct 2011, 3:56 pm

No you are definately not alone!! I have always been fascinated by nighttime, and I love walking around outside where nobody can see me. I have always been a night owl too, preferring jobs in the afternoon or evening so I dont have to be up in the mornings! If I had my way, I'd sleep until 2 or 3 in the afternoon, and stay up til the sun rises. I think this is a common thing for people who are either introverts or highly stressed and need the peace and tranquility that the night brings. It's just that most people operate best during the daytime so they think we're odd for being night owls.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2011, 4:10 pm

I know the night is peaceful and less people about, I still would rather be tucked up in my bed at night. I don't really choose to be wondering about on my own at night. It makes me anxious. And I certain would never choose to walk alone in the woods at night - it's too creepy!

Anyway, I live in a town, so at night time all the youths and gangsters hang about, and they can be very intimidating (it's bad enough in the day!) And drunk people come out too, especially at week-ends, and I often hear of attacks and fights going on, and I've heard of people setting upon vulnerable people at night, and even stabbings (not in my town, but in a rougher town where I work).