lifetime movie portrayal of aspergers in all films

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

babybuggy32
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Oct 2011, 10:35 pm

i notice in every lifetime movie ever made every charachter can be easily diagnosed with aspergers. like a naive young girl who gets seduced by an obviously sociopathic boy who has the aspergers face! they bith have aspergers in this instace. just sum food fot ought!! !

nilescrane
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2011, 11:15 pm

I know (and love) the type of movies you are talking about...but I don't think either the guy or girl has aspergers. In the movie Fear with Mark Whelberg and Reese Witherspoon for example...Whelberg has that crazy face, but he is very manipulative, cold and calculating and downright psychotic. Reese is just young and thinks he's hot and is blinded by his physique.

There was one of those movies on a few months ago where a girl meets a "hot guy" on an internet dating site and she's 17 and a senior in high school...it turns out he's in jail and going on a computer there to talk to her and when he gets out he meets her and pretends to be the perfect guy...and eventually she finds out and doesn't care and still loves him. I think it has more to do with 1.)The guy being very socially smart/manipulative and 2.)The girl just liking the guy because he's hot and dangerous.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2011, 11:30 pm

Chalk it up to poorly-written scripts, mediocre directing, and indifferent acting.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2011, 12:03 am

Most Lifetime movies have some type of "the man did something bad" theme.

Occasionally there's a "the woman did something bad" theme though.

ComplexRobot
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Oct 2011, 12:06 am

Chronos wrote:

What about "the man did something bad and the woman did something bad, and they're both keeping it a secret from each other"?

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2011, 2:58 am

ComplexRobot wrote:
Chronos wrote:

What about "the man did something bad and the woman did something bad, and they're both keeping it a secret from each other"?

Possibly.