Page 46 of 56 [ 894 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 56  Next

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2018, 10:33 pm

Hyeokgeose wrote:
Could we have a subforum for history discussion, for stuff like talking about topics in history, doing historical research, sharing pictures, sharing and talking about books and history related media, talking about things like reenactment too maybe, etc.? I know of quite a few Aspies that are really into history (like myself) and a subforum dedicated to historical discussion would encourage people to talk about history. So while we could use random discussion (I guess), having a history subforum would really encourage it.

It would be awesome if we had one! Personally, I have a passion for learning about Anglo-Saxon England, Korean history, Japanese history, and Chinese history!! :D :D :D

history subforim + maybe humanities?

i can get behind this.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2018, 10:42 pm

fucjing hell

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2018, 10:53 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
For controversial/contested topics - it might be good to have a zone where the number of participants is set, that is read-only for any users aside from those who agreed ahead of time to participate. There could be mutual invites maybe as well if someone else to join if all parties agree that it would be helpful.

The point would be - maintain high quality discussion on challenging topics without the conversation getting dragged down into the mud. Mods would still be able to lock threads that went awry or delete threads that look like they were made with the intent to troll from the beginning.

like this idea. restricted access would probably cut down on the number of instances moderators would need to intervene. it shouldn't be too hard to implement with the site software - it's not unheard of. thanks.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2018, 8:17 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:
For controversial/contested topics - it might be good to have a zone where the number of participants is set, that is read-only for any users aside from those who agreed ahead of time to participate. There could be mutual invites maybe as well if someone else to join if all parties agree that it would be helpful. The point would be - maintain high quality discussion on challenging topics without the conversation getting dragged down into the mud. Mods would still be able to lock threads that went awry or delete threads that look like they were made with the intent to troll from the beginning.
like this idea. restricted access would probably cut down on the number of instances moderators would need to intervene. it shouldn't be too hard to implement with the site software - it's not unheard of. thanks.
Seconded. There are topics that deserve intelligent discussion (i.e., "Men's Issues") by intelligent people, with well-researched views from all sides. However, most such discussions seem to devolve into racism, sexism, and personal attacks, resulting in yet another locked thread. This has to stop.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2018, 10:06 pm

There are some people on here who I'm sure could have some great Pangburn, Waking Up, etc. type discussions - especially if they share a book review from different sides or find some similar way to organize the topic. Contentious/challenging topics tend to be so just on how many hydra heads they have and how easily terms tend to apply synonymously between the best ideas and the worst actors and/or pretenders of that movement (postmodernism might be a good example of where that's the case).

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

superaliengirl
Toucan
Toucan

30 Sep 2018, 6:06 am

The site crashes a lot for me. Don't think it's my internet because it's good and all other websites work just fine.

Also there is no way to see if someone has responded to a comment/post you've made and if I want to go on my profile to go back through my posts and check it's really difficult to find my posts. I feel the whole site in general could be better put together.

I would also like the option to post a thread anonymously. I'm a bit paranoid I guess but I wouldn't like someone I know to stumble over a post of mine and then easily be able to trace it back to me via other posts i've made on the forum.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2018, 5:06 am

I think that WP should have an option of 9 different colour combinations that each member can choose from. That way, they can make WP their own with their preferred combinations of colours.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2018, 9:38 pm

^^^^^

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2018, 10:46 pm

It's too bad politics isn't a whole topic category unto itself. If it was, it would be a dream to lock the whole topic for a month or so after this midterm. Shut.....it....down for a brief break. In "real life", we all know each of us will breathe a sigh of relief that at least the ads, etc will be gone. Kind of lame that I'm betting that topic will continue to be full on, 24/7 here on WP.

I belonged to a collecting, non-ASD related forum for years. After the 2016 election, the mods shut down political talk. Many people who didn't participate in the main special interest of the forum went elsewhere for their political fixes.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2018, 10:55 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I think that WP should have an option of 9 different colour combinations that each member can choose from. That way, they can make WP their own with their preferred combinations of colours.

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES (9 times yes) ^ Such a good idea, Cockney! :heart: :heart:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2018, 2:24 am

I don’t like the idea of “shutting down” anything. That’s censorship.

But it’s understandable in some cases where you have masses of people who go nuts over something like politics and who have difficulty seeing the forests for the trees.

I’d still be opposed to “shutting down” in most cases.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2018, 12:43 pm

I would think people post-election would want to discuss why the election went the way it did, what it and the immediate post-election reaction portends for the future.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2018, 8:16 am

We should have something that's a counterpoint to PPR.

A place where there are stricter rules---but a place where intellectual discussions could occur.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2018, 5:29 pm

How about a different color motif for the more sensitive sub-forums?

Like The Haven and Women's Discussion ... it sometimes happens that I post in those areas when I probably shouldn't simply because I'm drawn in by the subject line without noticing the subforum title.

Maybe yellow and orange instead of white and blue?

SilentJessica
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Jan 2019, 11:24 am

☆ Notifications that pop up or show as “1” when someone quotes you so you don’t miss any quotes.

☆ Slightly bigger avatars (only because it can be hard to get photos small enough to use).

AQ: 40
RAADS-R: 149

Myrtonos
Raven
Raven

24 Mar 2019, 4:46 am

Being quite a high traffic forum site, how about adding clubs as a feature? At least certain users would get to start their own clubs and once approved by Alex, the founder of the club can choose how the club is run to an extent.

Things like a book club or a film club. It would be like running ones own sub-forum on this site.