nikaTheJellyfish
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Oct 2011, 8:56 pm

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2011, 9:23 pm

This is awesome. I really needed something like that to make me feel better.

so_subtly_strange
Toucan
Toucan

17 Oct 2011, 10:33 pm

started out good, but then it just got kind of condescending. I would have enjoyed it better if the rest of the article followed suit of the first couple paragraphs, maintaining a scientific point of view. Despite the descriptions being generally accurate it fell short in presentation as a scientific article, which was apparently its aim. There could have been better scientific wording for all those conditions and behaviors, but it basically resorted to being insulting. We don't want to be insulted by those who don't understand our condition, so I don't see the reason why that condescension was applied in their direction.

Don't get me wrong I understand i understand our kind has been made to suffer very often by the others, but if you hold reason above all, and especially under the premise of that article, can you expect anything else of them if they are impaired to thinking outside the box?

just my thoughts on the subject . . .

so_subtly_strange
Toucan
Toucan

17 Oct 2011, 10:34 pm

The other thing it does is generalizes all NTs homogeneously, another thing we would wish people would do to us less. The term NT really annoys be btw

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2011, 10:44 pm

Question: Why did the chicken cross the road?

Seen it. Not that particular site, or post, but once you've seen one, it's funny, but they're all pretty much the same.

Laughed my arse off the first time I saw one of those. Stops being funny after a while though. Glad you got a good laugh out of it, but I'm sure you'll probably agree it gets old once you've seen a few dozen of them. Enjoy the laughs for now.

Sorry, it's just that it's quickly becoming an old joke.

Answer: Because she was too stupid to know she'd get hit by a car.

See what I mean? The joke needs to be changed up a little. (Not that the above rewrite is funny by any means, but at least it was probably unexpected.)

Okay, maybe it needs to be changed a LOT.

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...