Are there big differenes between female and male aspies?

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

twich
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Oct 2011, 5:02 pm

The list you posted is a summary of the chart... All the stuff you relate to on the list are in the chart, too.

Tuttle
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2011, 5:36 pm

twich wrote:
The list you posted is a summary of the chart... All the stuff you relate to on the list are in the chart, too.

The chart also has the existance of stimming, sensory issues, and such though. The chart is a description of traits associated with females, not traits associated with females that are different from those associated with males. The latter is explicitly the differences between the average aspie female and average aspie male.

And yes, I counted those in the <30 that I associate with as well. I was more pointing out that the traits associated with females don't always occur in females, as I associate with 4 of the 12 differences and am a diagnosed female. Of the traits I associate with on the chart of traits that occur in females, many of them that I associate with occur in both males and females and aren't thought of as female specific.

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2011, 12:35 am

I think that the differences between male and female autistics have been exaggerated. I don't think that there are big differences between male and female autistics.

twich
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Oct 2011, 1:13 am

Tuttle wrote:
twich wrote:

The chart also has the existance of stimming, sensory issues, and such though. The chart is a description of traits associated with females, not traits associated with females that are different from those associated with males. The latter is explicitly the differences between the average aspie female and average aspie male.

And yes, I counted those in the <30 that I associate with as well. I was more pointing out that the traits associated with females don't always occur in females, as I associate with 4 of the 12 differences and am a diagnosed female. Of the traits I associate with on the chart of traits that occur in females, many of them that I associate with occur in both males and females and aren't thought of as female specific.

Ah, ok. Sorry, I wasn't trying to be a jerk or anything, I just wasn't understanding and pointed it out in hopes of a better explanation. I understand what you mean now, thanks :)

Sowlowsolo
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Oct 2011, 12:18 pm

Oh - my link did work then?!

Tuttle
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2011, 12:46 pm

Sowlowsolo wrote:

You just had an extra / before the url, remove that and it worked :).

Sowlowsolo
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Oct 2011, 3:45 pm

Tuttle wrote:
Sowlowsolo wrote:

You just had an extra / before the url, remove that and it worked :).

D'oh!

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2011, 5:09 pm

Quote:
Female autism is sometimes less externally noticeable (less acting out, more blending in). It is also believed that females with autism often display traits later than males.

I've heard it said females often have less concrete interests

This describes me exactly.

TheTigress
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Nov 2011, 6:13 pm

Wow, I relate to almost all of those. I have learned more about myself by being here within the last week than I have in years.