How society rejected men and created 4chan and Anonymous.

Page 4 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2011, 6:58 pm

Lecks wrote:
femme wrote:
Tequila wrote:
Gedrene wrote:
xenophobe is a racist.

That's not quite right. 'Xenophobia' refers to a fear of foreigners, but can also be used to mean dislike. 'Racism' means that you think one ethnic group - usually one's own - is superior to others and often should be accorded special privileges. They're very related but their meanings are not the same.

As you were. ;)

Thank you I know what 'Xenophobia' is. In the middel is their is plenty of xenophobe towards women in Islamic countries :x

But you...Tequila just said what xenophobe means, yet you still use it incorrectly while quoting his post.

She's a bit overexcited I think. I have seen the same thing on my normal forum.

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2011, 7:00 pm

Tequila wrote:
Gedrene wrote:
Xenophobe is a racist.

It's similar but not quite the same.

It is considered the same in english. I don't want to spend the time finding a thesaurus. Also didn't you make this comment already on the last page?

Last edited by Gedrene on 31 Oct 2011, 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

femme
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

31 Oct 2011, 7:01 pm

Gedrene wrote:
Lecks wrote:
femme wrote:
Tequila wrote:
Gedrene wrote:
xenophobe is a racist.

That's not quite right. 'Xenophobia' refers to a fear of foreigners, but can also be used to mean dislike. 'Racism' means that you think one ethnic group - usually one's own - is superior to others and often should be accorded special privileges. They're very related but their meanings are not the same.

As you were. ;)

Thank you I know what 'Xenophobia' is. In the middel is their is plenty of xenophobe towards women in Islamic countries :x

But you...Tequila just said what xenophobe means, yet you still use it incorrectly while quoting his post.

I will just bite my dog and leave me feminist views to myself for now on I have been a bit to harsh.

I apologize.

Lecks
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2011, 7:03 pm

femme wrote:
I will just bite my dog and leave me feminist views to myself for now on I have been a bit to harsh.

I apologize.

A word of advice; this forum's denizens don't handle generalisations very well, so you might want to be very specific when expressing yourself. :)

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2011, 7:04 pm

femme wrote:
Gedrene wrote:
Lecks wrote:
femme wrote:
Tequila wrote:
Gedrene wrote:
xenophobe is a racist.

As you were. ;)

I apologize.

Don't worry. We're mostly feminists here. We'd love to have you as an addition. Just, calm down.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2011, 7:07 pm

Gedrene wrote:
Just, calm down.

femme
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

31 Oct 2011, 7:08 pm

Gedrene wrote:
femme wrote:
Gedrene wrote:
Lecks wrote:
femme wrote:
Tequila wrote:
Gedrene wrote:
xenophobe is a racist.

As you were. ;)

I apologize.

Don't worry. We're mostly feminists here. We'd love to have you as an addition. Just, calm down.

I will :wink: my brother also known as Joker is getting tried of my comments too yall are not the only ones :lol:

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2011, 7:10 pm

Tequila wrote:
Gedrene wrote:
Just, calm down.

Ironically I was a liverpool fan.

Lecks
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2011, 7:14 pm

femme wrote:
I will :wink: my brother also known as Joker is getting tried of my comments too yall are not the only ones :lol:

Are you the Jewish half-sister he mentioned?

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2011, 7:15 pm

Tequila wrote:
Gedrene wrote:
Just, calm down.

:lol: yeah me sister is a bit head strong we are nothing a like

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2011, 7:18 pm

Gedrene wrote:
Ironically I was a liverpool fan.

Do you get the Harry Enfield reference - i.e. The Scousers/"Calm down, calm down"?

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2011, 7:22 pm

Lecks wrote:
femme wrote:

Yeah Femme aka [name removed by hyperlexian for privacy reasons] is my half Jewish sister I am her half Gentile brother :wink: seems you have gotten into it with her as much as me Lecks :lol:

Lecks
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2011, 7:25 pm

Joker wrote:
Lecks wrote:

Yeah Femme aka <removed> is my half Jewish sister I am her half Gentile brother :wink: seems you have gotten into it with her as much as me Lecks :lol:

I wouldn't share her full name so publicly.

I guess I and your family don't mix very well. Nah, friendly debates are fun. ;)

femme
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

31 Oct 2011, 7:29 pm

Lecks wrote:
Joker wrote:
Lecks wrote:

Yeah Femme aka <removed> is my half Jewish sister I am her half Gentile brother :wink: seems you have gotten into it with her as much as me Lecks :lol:

I guess I and your family don't mix very well. Nah, friendly debates are fun. ;)

Thank you for removing my name Joker can be a bit rude some times :lol:

And we do not get along but we still love each other.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2011, 8:44 pm

Lecks wrote:
Joker wrote:
Lecks wrote:

lol i just did the same on his post.

Joker, don't post full names on the board.

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2011, 10:52 pm

Lecks wrote:
femme wrote:
Tequila wrote:
Gedrene wrote:
xenophobe is a racist.

As you were. ;)

Femme's statement is a bit contradictory (she acknowledges Tequila's claim of "xenophobia" being about fearing foreigners and then states that there's xenophobia towards women in Islamic countries), but she is using the word correctly under one definition of xenophobia. That of "fear of the unknown", as I'm sure to a lot (not all, but a lot) of males in the middle east and elsewhere, the female mind is very unknown and foreign to them - which is why they behave unfairly towards women. I'm sure the Original Poster's misogynistic prejudice is in large part motivated by a fear of certain women resulting from an ignorance of how their minds work and how they perceive his behaviors. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure there's a consistent link between various prejudices and ignorance-induced fears.

Last edited by Master_Pedant on 31 Oct 2011, 10:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.