Page 1 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2011, 9:39 pm

RICKY5 wrote:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll3uipTO-4A[/youtube

That about sums it up!

money doesn't buy love. if the OP is just seeking sex, he can buy that of course, but nothing more.... except softer toilet paper than pictured in the video still.

Fullofstars
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2011, 10:11 pm

Pengu1n wrote:
I would like to say some of the most important things......

- Natural confidence

- Hint while flirting that you are willing to liberally spend money on them........ when you start dating, actually be generous and not a tightwad, buying them gifts and other trifles. This shows that you value them by not being cheap. They repay this generosity (but the manner in which you dole out has to be natural and unforced, or else they see that you are trying to buy their love) Put a high $ sign on your feelings.

- Job, car, hygiene, physical fitness, dress and style in a way that conforms with your peers, all of these things are crucial towards getting a respectable mate.

- Don't tell lies about yourself like saying you have a better occupation than what you have......... if you want any chance of anything. They will find out and probably know you are full of sh**. Girls have a 6th sense when they know a guy is bullshitting them. If you start a "relationship" on a lie right off of the bat, it automatically creates a feeling of mistrust and your "chances" are dead in the ground.

- When you have your first conversation(s) with your prospect, be sure to focus on talking about your sense of ambition and future plans. Girls love guys who are going places. They want to see you have goals and good ambition and that they have a chance of a good life with you long-term.

Hello, I see that this is your first post, so I hope I don't come off as overly critical, but... this describes every corny personals ad that I've ever rolled my eyes at. It's not a bad approach if you're seeking a shallow relationship or fling with a silly/ naive girl who sees nothing but babies and Coach handbags in her future, and that's fine. But if you're seeking a future for yourself this way, be prepared for it to be based on Coach handbags and babies.
Yuck?
Yeah, yuck.
If you want a woman with whom you can build a life, tell her about the life you'd like to build.
If you want a woman who shares your interests, tell her about your interests (try to listen as much as you speak; aspie monologues seem wretchedly self-obsessed to those who don't understand where you're coming from).
If you want a woman who shares your values, talk about your values.
ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS talk about your core being. What makes you unique among the nearly 7 billion people on the planet? What makes you irreplaceable? Distinct? Ambition and earning potential only distinguish you from the huddled masses, so they'll only attract a mate who is trying to claw her way out of a huddled mass.
You can do better than that. Aspie or not, you can do better.

Last edited by Fullofstars on 03 Nov 2011, 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fullofstars
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2011, 10:25 pm

auntblabby wrote:
:oops: :roll: if i knew anything at all, chances are i'd be a married grandfather by now and solidly middle class. but at least from decades of watching from the sidelines as other people screw up in manifold ways, i can say what NOT to do-

*Never neglect oneself, never let oneself go to pot- stay in shape, in the same shape one was in as a young adult. never forget to maintain god's temple that is one's body. that means regular hygiene for one's insides as well as outsides [bathing, dental care, skin care, proper nutrition, grooming, regular exercise].
*Never forget to take care of oneself as one would a precious possession, be gentle with oneself. if one has the common aspie deficits in proprioception, arrange one's local environment to be as accident-proof as one can make it.
*Never neglect to learn to imitate other people's superficial social behaviors at least. if people smile and wave at you, unfailingly return the gestures no matter what. even if one doesn't feel nice, take pains to treat others as one would be treated.
*Never forget that one is just as much a child of the universe as the next fellow, and just as deserving of love as the next fellow, and with just as much a right to expect good things from life as the next fellow. if it is the last thing one does, one should ashcan one's inferiority complex every time thoughts of such pop up.
*Never let oneself appear desperate. it is the extremely rare compassionate person who responds well to another's desperation. comport oneself as a person deserving of respect, which means maintaining erect posture, moving deliberately, NOT looking down at one's feet EVER when another person looks at you- if you must avert your gaze, use the "cut-off" gesture of looking quickly aside as though focused on something in the distance.
*Never forget that the search for a mate is akin to a search for a business partner, treat such a relationship as a business at first, you are looking for mutual compatibility and synergy. sex appeal must be an initial part of attracting somebody [hence your diligent maintenance of your own body] but not to the point where one becomes obsessed with the first looker one sees. avoid "fixer-uppers," as human beings are not like a rehab-able house or restorable old classic car. expecting another person to cooperate with one's plans for their improvement can only lead to mutual disappointment. mutual compatibility must come first and last and inbetween. this means casting a very wide net, to include people from other races and countries. and just as businesses obtain consultants [business matchmakers of a sort] to facilitate partnerships, so to should the aspie seeking a mate. one should at least find places where other aspies congregate. if such places don't have the desired gender of people, the people therein will surely know at least one person who IS of the desired gender.
*Never neglect one's mind, always be reading something more complex than a comic book, something which forces one to think. even though some call it propaganda, read a daily newspaper or news periodical without fail, as then one will at least be abreast of current events and can speak comprehendingly of same.
*Never forget the real golden rule [you know, the one about "do onto others as you would have others do onto yourself"]. if you hastily cut others to the quick, there is no guarantee they won't do the same to you.

above all, try to be the person you want to meet.

^^^ and this. It's so well said that I almost feel bad about sullying this thread with sarcasm.

Pengu1n
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Nov 2011, 10:51 pm

@ FullofStars

I agree with you, but I think you have to get your "foot in the door" first, especially with girls of the younger generation.

An important thing also is to create "an atmosphere of fun" around yourself. During the flirting stage I think it hits too hard and heavy right away to go in to values and all of that.

Personally, I would not start to discuss serious issues and stuff like religion and politics until about a month into the relationship. I'd save that for later.

I said earlier you should "hint" that you are the type of male who will be a financial provider and be stable, driven etc. If you lay it all on the table in your first few conversations, it will be overwhelming. Its best to start with superficial things that tempo up the fun and not bombard a girl instantly with your 30 year plan.

Its best instead to focus on your fun personality, light-flirting, and light-heartedness........ yet letting the serious side of you come across with Subtle hints of what the future my hold. I would not explain such things instantly, verbally or directly :)

On the whole I agree with you and you should avoid golddigging Hanna-Montana "spinners"

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2011, 10:57 pm

Pengu1n wrote:
@ FullofStars

I agree with you, but I think you have to get your "foot in the door" first, especially with girls of the younger generation.

An important thing also is to create "an atmosphere of fun" around yourself. During the flirting stage I think it hits too hard and heavy right away to go in to values and all of that.

Personally, I would not start to discuss serious issues and stuff like religion and politics until about a month into the relationship. I'd save that for later.

I said you should "hint" that you are the type of male who will be a financial provider and be stable, driven etc. If you lay it all on the table in your first few conversations, it will be overwhelming.

Its best instead to focus on your fun personality, light-flirting, and light-heartedness........ yet letting the serious side of you come across with Subtle hints of what the future my hold. I would not explain such things instantly, verbally or directly :)

On the whole I agree with you and you should avoid golddigging Hanna-Montana "spinners"

wait a second... you are saying to avoid the gold-diggers, yet providing advice as to how to attract and keep.... gold-diggers. :scratch:

also... suggesting to aspies that they create an "atmosphere of fun" is not really reasonable. some can do it but for many it is a tall order.

Pengu1n
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Nov 2011, 11:05 pm

I'm saying if I want to begin a relationship in the first place I would hold back in the manner I described.

I agree that once the relationship gets past the initial stages then it should be based on more a more substantial foundation. But I'm talking about initiating the relationship and what you have to do to make an impact and get things rolling.

By "atmosphere of fun" I don't really mean trying to pass off as some arrogant party-boy, but just demonstrate your affability and your acceptable personality. (surrounding yourself with friends and the like........ demonstrating that you are capable of having and maintaining social relationships)

I hope I explained myself the best. I am obviously not seeking "gold-diggers" but relating what I find to be the best ways to draw a girl in in the first place :)

Pengu1n
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Nov 2011, 11:26 pm

Being willing and enthusiastic about spending liberally on your love-interest is not just giving in to Gold-digging tendencies. Its giving a visible demonstration of your feelings for her and showing her how greatly you value your relationship.

Giving a gift to her like buying her jewelry is another. In fact, the whole point of giving gifts to anybody is to demonstrate that you and they are social equals and can reciprocate. Giving a gift or spending money on somebody important to you (randomly picking up their check at a meal, for example, shows your presence) It shows that you are carrying your load and are not all-dependent on her to carry the relationship.

In the early stages of flirting, a girl will look for those subtle clues like how freely you can spend money. It may seem like a small matter, but a girl is looking for warning signs of you being a spendthrift........ she doesn't want to wind up rolling pennies for gas and living on a budget with you. She wants to see that you are "balanced" in all areas..... mentally, socially, financially.

She's not looking to sponge off of you by any means, but she wants to see that a future with you will contain fun that can be well-financed and that you will be willing to do bigger things for her in the future, and not live in some dire or tight financial straits.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2011, 8:16 am

Surfman wrote:
dont fart when your humping away

but the best parts of the ramming arts, are the farts and the varts :P

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

04 Nov 2011, 9:23 am

Accept your limitations & issues & try to find a way to work within them or around them instead of trying to cover them up or pretend you don't have them.
Be open to the idea that the typical mainstream approach may not work for you.
Think about what type of girl you want & would be most compatible with & think about how you can meet women who may be like that.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

DoodleDoo
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Nov 2011, 12:28 pm

The Star Trek Holodeck would be wonderful. You could make all kinds of social mistakes and of coarse learn from them. Unfortunately that is not an option. Work would be to much of a risk as my livelihood could be lost. Traveling to other parts of the world could be an option.

Comp_Geek_573
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2011, 6:22 pm

I've been advised, over and over, to start just with friendships. It is a MYTH that friendship and relationship are mutually exclusive. In fact, I would even say that relationship is a SUBSET of friendship.

One-night stand, on the other hand...

AQ: 33

genly
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Nov 2011, 11:09 pm

RICKY5 wrote:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll3uipTO-4A[/youtube]

That about sums it up!

I can't have sex with money ;____;

flish
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Dec 2011, 9:16 am

Please tell me what are ways to convey to an aspie you love him, adore him, think he is a fabulous person inside and out?
Do you TELL him those things? I s that too overwhelming?
Do you DO things for him? Is that too overwhelming?
Do you write him one thing at a time for example in one email "You looked great today." then in another email "The song you sang for the group was excellent." ???

A second question is how do I know when an aspie is showing love to me?

DuneyBlues
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Dec 2011, 10:55 am

Who ever can gather the most resources or who is capable of defending the most resources will most likely find a mate.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2011, 11:12 am

flish wrote:
Please tell me what are ways to convey to an aspie you love him, adore him, think he is a fabulous person inside and out?

welcome to our club, flish :)
i can only tell you that if your aspie is anything like me, he'd like you to say exactly what you are feeling, not by hints but by coming right out and saying it, though perhaps not directly in his face. tell him that he is #1 in your heart and mind, that you prefer his company to all others.
flish wrote:
Do you TELL him those things? Is that too overwhelming?

you can tell him those things aloud and not beat around the bush, but maybe try a lower-key voice at a lower volume?
flish wrote:
Do you DO things for him? Is that too overwhelming?

i would ask if anybody who would be so easily overwhelmed by your love for them is really worth your time? if so, then just keep everything at a low key, honest but gentle.
flish wrote:
Do you write him one thing at a time for example in one email "You looked great today." then in another email "The song you sang for the group was excellent." ???

he surely must be more intelligent than that, to be able to handle multiple thoughts in one message. maybe you could keep each sentence to its own subject, with an explanatory segue to the next subject.
flish wrote:
A second question is how do I know when an aspie is showing love to me?

if he is anything like me, he will either tell you outright, or in actions- there are a million and one ways to demonstrate love. staying in the same room with you when you are hacking and dripping from a nasty bug, is one. getting up early because you like to get up early would be another. you get the picture.

bruinsy33
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Dec 2011, 5:18 pm

nick007 wrote:
Accept your limitations & issues & try to find a way to work within them or around them instead of trying to cover them up or pretend you don't have them.
Be open to the idea that the typical mainstream approach may not work for you.
Think about what type of girl you want & would be most compatible with & think about how you can meet women who may be like that.
Best advice in this thread so far.