Page 1 of 5 [ 74 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

DarthMaul
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

06 Nov 2011, 1:41 pm

...I do this out of my boredom...

Plus, I was thinking about the things I don't get about them. So, I want to know what you can't understand. :)

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2011, 2:02 pm

How about "things you can't understand about people?"

I don't get why people can't easily block out things that bother them such as breast feeding. How hard is it to not look at the mother and how hard is it to block them out if they are in front of your eye sight? How hard is it to focus on something else and then not notice the mother in front of you? Is that a limitation people have? Do they really have that inability to block out details?

I also don't get why people do selective reading so they only read one thing in you post and respond to that and ignore the rest you said so their argument becomes invalid because they obviously didn't read your whole post or they are just looking to be offended. I don't even bother with those people when they want to argue because if they want an argument, they need to read my post thoroughly, read all the words and do not ignore any, keep proofreading my post when they make their reply to make sure they are not taking it out of context or else they will look stupid and look like they were looking to be offended. I do that all the time to make sure I read a post right so I am not looking like a troll or stupid.

I don't get how people don't like to eat the same foods everyday or work the same routine everyday so they find it boring. They even refuse to eat the same foods everyday so they let their leftovers go to waste.

I also don't get why people think you are being judgmental when you ask questions about choices people make or what they make.

I also don't get that people hate people being ignorant but yet they don't like it when they ask questions just so they be less ignorant and people still get mad at them about it just because they were ignorant.

Comp_Geek_573
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2011, 2:33 pm

This probably belongs in L&D, but it's nonetheless a big one:

WHY DO PEOPLE PLAY HARD TO GET???

AQ: 33

DarthMaul
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

06 Nov 2011, 2:35 pm

I don't get why people are so quick to judge.
Example: My mom. A woman at church has a bisexual grand-daughter, and my mom keeps calling her a bull-dagger. And my mom asked me if I wanted any piercings. I told her I wanted a nose ring, another earring hole, and snake bites. I showed her a picture of the snake bites and she said

Quote:
That's what them bull-daggers wear.

Another Example: An old classmate said that he had a dream that someone bit off his dick (Can I even say that on here?). He said it wasn't Jessica or Samantha. Then he just said it sure as hell wasn't me. No, I was not offended, but I shrugged when he said that. Then almost everyone kept insisting that I liked him.

I don't get why girls are obsessed with celebrities, make-up, and boyfriends.

I don't get why it's apparently wring to have obsessive interests.
Example: Assassin's Creed, Nikola Tesla, and whatever I can find of Leonardo da Vinci.

DarthMaul
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

06 Nov 2011, 2:37 pm

Comp_Geek_573 wrote:

I don't know. Why can't they just be straightforward with it?

dogslife
Toucan
Toucan

06 Nov 2011, 2:40 pm

Why do they ask so many questions that they want dishonest responses to? I get that it's for self-affirmation, but I don't fundamentally understand it.

Chibs
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Nov 2011, 6:55 pm

Comp_Geek_573 wrote:

Yeah, I don't get this either. And a negative side to this is that girls in my class sometimes have misinterpreted my negative attitude towards this-or-that-boy-I-clearly-don't-like(when people do something to make me dislike them, I tend to stay away from them and not speak to them), they thought I was doing that crap and thought I actually liked him :eew: When I seem to dislike someone, my hate is real. And though I haven't really "liked" someone yet, I would just either be honest or shy. None of that "hard to get" crap.

JSNS
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Nov 2011, 9:14 am

Chit-chat and joking around with strangers. I just don't get it , it's probably a dire need.

Sowlowsolo
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Nov 2011, 10:59 am

They seem to spend a lot of time focused on the faults of others and ignore that they are less than perfect themselves.

I also notice faults in others - but I am less inclined to point them out - because I know I have as many faults.

Reminds me of a verse in the bible - "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?"

A very visual concept - which is probably why it stays in my mind.

sMeow
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Nov 2011, 11:14 am

I don't understand why they can't hold a debate, but want one. And "obviously", when they are not capable de hold the debate anymore... verbal abuses, play the victim, etc... I never met a NT who can debate without any rage, but all the NTs that I've met love to initiate a debate for anything (and then, obviously, I'm the faulty because I don't give up in a debate).

DarthMaul
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

07 Nov 2011, 9:35 pm

sMeow wrote:
I don't understand why they can't hold a debate, but want one. And "obviously", when they are not capable de hold the debate anymore... verbal abuses, play the victim, etc... I never met a NT who can debate without any rage, but all the NTs that I've met love to initiate a debate for anything (and then, obviously, I'm the faulty because I don't give up in a debate).

I know, right? (Right now, I'm thinking of something that I said [You don't take things that don't belong to you. That's how you get punched in the face.]) If they want a debate, why can't at least try to be mature and talk it over.

Quote:
Why do they ask so many questions that they want dishonest responses to? I get that it's for self-affirmation, but I don't fundamentally understand it.

I just do that with my mom. The only question that I ask is, Do you think it's good?

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2011, 9:05 am

How the start of conversations is always the same "hello" "hi, how are you" "I'm alright (even though that's a lie), how are you" "I'm great!" [Awkward silence]

necroluciferia
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 Nov 2011, 12:17 pm

I don't understand why NT women go out with men and then expect to change them

I don't get why supermarket cashiers ask you how you are when they have no interest in how you are really doing

I don't understand the need to procreate

ECJ
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Nov 2011, 4:27 pm

I don't understand why they say one thing and do something completely different.

Dent
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Nov 2011, 11:41 pm

I don't understand why no one enjoys being silent with another person. I like just sitting there quietly, comfortable being around them without talking, and thinking about other things. They always try to desperately reach for any conversational topic they can, or they make excuses and leave..

johnsmcjohn
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2011, 12:35 am

I don't understand herd behavior. Why to people act against their own self interest(or even against human decency) just because they see others doing it? There are many things I do not understand about people but that one is the worst.

Myers-Briggs: INTJ
AQ: 44