Page 1 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

ScampyKincaid
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Feb 2012, 6:26 am

I am a self-dx Aspie, although I am working on getting a prof. dx. Next appt. tomorrow (Thursday) @ 2:00CST. Wish me luck and send me any pointers if you have any. I am pretty sure I know more about Asperger's than my everyone in my entire clinic does put together, but I am stuck going there as they are one of the few places that takes Medicaid.

Scored 163/200 on RDOS Aspie Quiz for Aspie
My NT score on same quiz was 48/200
Scored 34/50 on the AQ

Current Prof. DX
-------------------
Bipolar-I or Cyclothymia (Rapid Cycling)
ADD (Inattentive Type)
Generalized Anxiety Disorder
Fibromyalgia

Had a counselor try to dx me w/ borderline personality disorder when I was trying to get help for my obsessive interests and compulsions.

My 16yr. old daughter was prof. dx w/Asperger's 3 yrs. ago. Just recently my other 2 daughters have been referred by our pediatrician to Children's Medical Services / pediatric neurology for autism. They are ages 3 and 8. I have no doubt they will ultimately be found to be aspies, too.

My 16yr old has prof dx comorbid bipolar/ADHD/Asperger's
My 8yr old has prof dx comorbid bipolar/ADHD - waiting for the rest of the autism tests now for full dx

And I thought that girls were not supposed to be as likely to be affected. I think it is more likely that it is harder to see/dx in girls. Or else I just hit the jackpot! Very Happy

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2012, 6:32 am

^ Hello. :D

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2012, 10:57 am

I've been dx'd with AS but long before I knew about AS, I was dx'd with clinical depression and for a while with panic disorder and agoraphobia. The PD and agoraphobia are gone now. Treated successfully. The depression comes and goes (not bipolar type though) and I'm on meds when I need to be most of the time.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

SoftKitty
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2012, 12:23 pm

Never been diagnosed, currently waiting for it. But I guess my comorbidities include OCD + NPD.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2012, 12:51 pm

Depression, PTSD and anxiety are diagnosed...and I think there could be something like avoident PD, but I can't be sure since it could be explained by the anxiety and PTSD and maybe even the AS since as far as I know that is the reason I've always gotten overwhelmed more easily than others...and one might start avoiding situations that are overwhelming simply because its unpleasant.

Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2012, 8:54 am

My only officials are:

General Anxiety & Depression

Self Diagnosed and absolutely certain:

Mild/Moderate Aspergers
Bipolar (Always get manic phase, usually with full moon, but rarer get depressive phase)

SoftKitty
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2012, 1:32 pm

Toy_Soldier wrote:
Bipolar (Always get manic phase, usually with full moon, but rarer get depressive phase)

Maybe you are a werewolf :-)

Kairi96
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Dec 2012, 2:30 pm

This is the official diagnosis that is valid at the moment:
-Asperger's Syndrome;
-Tourette's Syndrome.

These are my old official diagnoses that aren't valid now:
-Mild ADHD;
-Social Anxiety Disorder;
-Generalized Anxiety Disorder.

These are the disorders that are (or were) suspected:
-Bipolar disorder (suspected from a lot of people that know me in real life);
-Schizophrenia (suspected from my mother);
-OCD (suspected from a psychiatrist, who, however, didn't formally diagnose me with it. She only put "possible obsessive-compulsive traits" in the paper);
-Depression (suspected from my mother who, however, soon understood that it wasn't my case);
-Dyspraxia (suspected from my mother).

Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2012, 3:48 pm

SoftKitty wrote:
Toy_Soldier wrote:

Maybe you are a werewolf :-)

No, not a Lycanthrope unfortunately. That would be too cool. Except maybe for the transformation phase and change in diet. :lol:

But I may be what is called a Lunatic, which comes from 'Lunaticus' (moonstruck). Science consistantly denies it exsists however, so I don't know. What I do know, is that ever since I made the connection about 3 years ago, my Manic phase has been in sync with the near-full/full moon 10-11 months out of the year.

Moonstruck Lunacy first appears in writing with Aristotle around 325 BC and so has been spectulated on for a long time. I wonder if it has any connection to the Werewolf legends. Wolves do apparently howl more often during full moons, and lunatics can act a bit crazy.

Other then that, all my dentists have noted I have unusually long tooth roots, like a dogs they say.

SoftKitty
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2012, 3:57 pm

Toy_Soldier wrote:
But I may be what is called a Lunatic, which comes from 'Lunaticus' (moonstruck). Science consistantly denies it exsists however, so I don't know.

Oh, I DO believe that The Moon has a significant impact on us. It´s been numerously proven by the folk healers. Our predecessors were very wise.

Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2012, 5:33 pm

SoftKitty wrote:
Oh, I DO believe that The Moon has a significant impact on us. It´s been numerously proven by the folk healers. Our predecessors were very wise.

After three years of personnel observation I have to admit I do believe the full moon is somehow bringing on the Manic phase. It has come a few times not in sync with the full moon, so my guess is its some sort of brain chemistry thing that is normally triggered by the moon but can be triggered by other things occasionally.

I respect science and believe most of what it says, but think sometimes it gets things wrong or doesn't understand them yet. For example the results of a Canadian study were published last week supposedly disproving any link between manic behavior and the moon phases. But if you read how they did the study it was just a records review of the 800 or so people who had been admitted to hospitals for non specific chest pains. They assume manic behavior would be represented by chest pains caused by anxiety attacks, and they could see no increase in chest pains during the full moon. But if you ask me that is a very narrow and flawed study. And chest pains btw is not something that is mentioned by lunatics commonly.

A large majority of police, medical and other people that serve the public are convinced there is a connection. I think its just a case of science not figuring out the right questions to ask, the right things to look at yet, to find the connection.

Oh, and ever since I was small I have a great fear/dislike of vampires! :lol:

SoftKitty
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2012, 7:52 pm

Toy_Soldier wrote:

Even the sparkling ones? :lol:

Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2012, 7:27 am

SoftKitty wrote:
Toy_Soldier wrote:

Ut oh.... Don't tell me you are... One of those ? 8O :P

I felt I had a strong natural fear of, and emnity with vampires. I was always imagining them lurking in the shadows of night and they haunted my dreams. Only when I myself was moonstruck could I roam the forest and enter the shadows without fear.

But I must admit I am not familiar with modern lore, and did not know sparkling ones exsisted. But I did some reading on it and found out many things. One was that there are two lines of wolf types, the Shape Changers and the Children of the Moon and like I am both AS and NT, I share traits of both the wolf types. Another is that I have more reason to fear vampires then I even knew as they have hunted the Children of the Moon near into extinction. I was very foolish to self identify, and will probably pay for that. But I also learned that there are different kinds of vampires, and not all automatically hate all wolf types.

This seemed to capture the paradox well.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiN3gFYpN7w[/youtube]

SoftKitty
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2012, 9:12 am

Toy_Soldier wrote:
SoftKitty wrote:
Toy_Soldier wrote:

Ut oh.... Don't tell me you are... One of those ? 8O :P

Like a fan of Twilight? Hell NO! I was just joking, man! 8O :lol:

Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2012, 9:36 am

If you rather no one knew, I understand, your secret's safe me with me. 8)

b9
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2012, 10:06 am

i have an unresolved "oppositional defiant disorder". usually "ODD" resolves itself into either "antisocial personality disorder" (which is seriously bad), or it is dissipated as a person grows up.

i retained ODD to the extent that i still like to annoy people, and i am automatically resistant to authority. i like particularly to entice people (who must remain (according to their self identities) impartial) to lose their tempers.

i find it hilarious when people who consider themselves to be a bastion of reasonable behavior lose their composure due to my subtle niggling.

i particularly like to mold the expression of confusion onto people's faces. it is like people who are my governors are also my toys in some way. if i can get them to collide with each other with their various analyses of how i am, then i can watch them in conflict with each other and see who prevails.

today i was giving someone a lift, and the journey was 80 km along a 6 lane expressway.
they commented that the road was empty and that it was an ideal trip we were traveling.

i soon decided that it was boring to accept the persons appraisal, and i maneuvered my car so that my starboard side tires were hitting the cats eyes continuously. "grrrump kerrr thump grrrump kerrr thump grrrump kerrr thump grrrump kerrr thump grrrump kerrr thump grrrump kerrr thump " etc.

i was asked to stop it, and i did, but before long, my portside tires were playing a similar beat, and i was then yelled at, so i had to pull my head in and stop trying to annoy him because he was on the verge of violence.
he was right where i wanted him to be originally, but when i achieved the solicitation of his violent streak, i decided it was difficult to back out and talk normally to him, so i just let him out of the car, and i drove off thinking about pelicans.
there is so much to say about ODD. it is like an itch that needs to be scratched in non straightforward ways.