Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2011, 8:40 pm

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/hip-hop-me ... 45243.html

I admit I haven't really been a fan of the rap/hip-hop genre, but I absolutely loved Heavy D's jams.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2011, 8:49 pm

I was pretty into rap when I was younger, and I actually went to an "Ice Cube" concert earlier this year. For some reason I've never heard of this guy though.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2011, 8:55 pm

That's heavy.

:?

*cough*

jayroo79
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Nov 2011, 11:10 am

Heavy D never had any negative aspects to his music or his life. He was always positive, well spoken and rather intelligent. He came from an upper middle class background and was well respected and loved by his neighbors, friends and family. His loss is tragic and unexpected. I was a fan of his music as a child and surprise, my cousins were actually close friends with this individual and even appeared in some of his music videos. Reports are saying that he died from pneumonia complications that possibly lead to a heart attack.

His positive influence and love of life was a wonderful influence on the musical genres he was a part of and worked with.

"Power is the reason that we all are fighting for, control your body, your soul and heart. Yes- some of us who surrender are like lambs to the slaughter; get the power & try harder to reach the next stage."
-SMT III

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

10 Nov 2011, 9:01 am

I never heard of him, but from what I read, I like him.
Why do we always give people such wonderful praises after they die, instead of while they are alive??

Jojo

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2011, 1:22 pm

^^^
it seems that nobody's ever a no-good bastard when they die. :hmph:

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2011, 3:21 pm

jojobean wrote:
Why do we always give people such wonderful praises after they die, instead of while they are alive??

That's how it works.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVACUjHn6yU[/youtube]

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2011, 4:57 pm

He lived only five years longer than the thirties' Jazz maestro "Fats" Waller ( 39 and 44) before succombing to the effects of the obesity they were both nicknamed for.

Not a huge fan of rap, but love the song "Overwieght Lover" for its humor and creative sampling of the song "Mr. Big Stuff".