Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Jonny
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Feb 2005, 10:16 pm

i strongly recommend you watch one called Azumanga Daioh. Why ?

.... because there is one character who is most definately an Aspie. Her name is Sakaki and she has so many traits of an Aspie that i think the writers have totally researched into the subject. She is quiet, self centred, a loner and totally obsessed with cats. Check it out.

Also, is Daria supposed to be an aspie ? i thought she was at first, but when i think about it, i think shes just a nerd.

Civet
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2005, 10:45 pm

I watch anime. I have seen some episodes of Azumanga Daioh. I liked Sakaki because she is quiet, and because she likes cats (like me). I did not think she was an aspie, though, just very reserved and someone who likes cute things.

If you have not seen Evangelion, you really should :) . Ayanami Rei is very aspie-like. She shows little emotion, has trouble recognizing emotion in herself and others, does not know how to behave around people and seldom speaks, and keeps to herself. She has a very logical thought process, and is also obsessed with anything having to do with the Evangelion project (to the point where it and the Commander who runs it are the only interests she has).

As for Daria, I do not know if she is an aspie or not. All I know is I got called "Daria" in high school because I looked and acted like her, heh.

FuzzyChickens
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Feb 2005, 4:15 pm

Anime sucks. Conventional animation is superior in that it allows much more flexible character design, toward both the realistic end (Don Bluth) and the unrealistic end (Dexter's Laboratory).

And what's with those stupid flashy scrolling backgrounds every time someone jumps into the air?