What do I do about this friend of mine??

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

LittleSwallow
Raven
Raven

11 Nov 2011, 4:10 pm

I really wish at this stage that I never got involved with her. :/

I mean overall, Alice is alright but I just don't understand her sometimes.
Like for one, she doesn't seem to get the fact that I do not like this guy (let's call him Paul) that I made out with once on a nite out, the only reason that I did it was because I managed to get roped into it so deeply by her that I couldn't get out of it. LIke what happened was that on the first nite I went out with her to the pub, she was hell bent on getting me to go off with Paul, and during the nite she went off with this other guy too, and me and my other frined were waiting ages for her to come back, and then we get a phone call from her and she says " Did you make out with Paul? I am not going to make out with John (her guy) unless you go off with Paul, haha!" She thought this was all a big funny joke, but me and my friend were so angry then, that we had to wait nearly half the night for her to come back, and she had not even started yet!

So then when we went back to her house, Paul texted her asking her to get me to text him (as you can see he is a creep, he didnt even see my face properly, becasue it was so dark outside the pub when we first spoke to him, and he wanted my number :/), and coz I had a bit of drink in me, I agreed to it, and also I decided to just give a him a chance and get to know him first and decided to just make out with him once and leave it at that coz I was in so deep, but all of this was a waste because as well as being ugly, he was also creepy and annoying, and I told her this that I didnt want to be with him and she agreed with me.

But every time we go out for the night, she ALWAYS brings him up, saying that I should make out with him again, and one time, I was nearly gonna walkout the door coz she was really annoying me about him, and unfortunately I kissed him again another nite when I was pure drunk, which ended up with me texting me again the next morning, coz he is that desperate. I mean she can't seem to get in her head that I want NOTHING to do with him. :/

Not only that, she tends to get things REALLY wrong and mixed up. Like she was telling me how on facebook Paul had a status about what happened to him on a nite out, but I saw that status, and it was his brother Tommy who had that status, not Paul. I didn't correct her at the time, but it confused me becasue she was so sure with herself that it was Paul, but itwas as claer as anything on facebook that it was Tommy, and also she was talking to me about a link I left on her facebook page for a lugh saying "Hey I remember you left that link on my page saying "We all know a girl who only texts you when they want sex" haha!" But the link said "We all know a guy who only texts you when they want sex" :/ Like I don't know HOW she could have gotton that so mixed up, and the fact that she would be sure of herself too! When it was in plain text on facebook what it said!

And one time, we were on a nite out for our friend Julies 18th b-day, and I was hanging out wih other people as well as her, and I was only doing the things we normally do together on a nite out but then Julie came up to me at the end of the nite and gave out to me, saying how our friend is trying to enjoy herself but that i keep annoying her about all this stuff and that she doesnt want to hear it and that she doesnt want to her me going on about lads either. But I was only doing the stuff we usually do on nite out, you know having the usually laughs that we have! And like she is always doing that to me! Even a couple of girls in class today were whispering about it and I heard one of them say "But Alice always does that to her!" I mean she is always going on about lads, as well as Paul all the time. And when I asked her about it she just kept saying "I don't know" then continued on talking about something else as if nothing had happened! I mean she never took into account that I was confused or upset over what Julie told me! :( And also she asked me if I was going to make out with Paul again, saying how "you know you want to, you told me that you would, haha!"
but I NEVER mentioned Paul that night, and I never said that I said yes to going off with him again! I mean like WTF? :? 8O

So what do I do? I always believed in the phrase "Real friends forgive and forget." but I really think she is gonna get me into truoble one of these days. Like I have only known her a few months and even they way we met up was a bit odd. It was on facebook. Like before facebook, I only ever spoke to her three times my whole life and that was it, I didnt know her that well at all, and then after the 3rd time, she messaged me on facebook, asking me if I wanted to go out, and saying that i can stay at her house all in one fb convo. She didnt even try to have a normal coversation first to try and get to know me before asking. And becasue I dont get asked out a lot because of being an Aspie, I said yes. And now I know it was too good to be true, becasue she is just too ditzy and a lot of people would agree with me, as not a lot of people wouldlike her becasue of her ditziness.

So what should I do? Sorry that it is so long, I just really need your help, as I don't trust my bad social skills to make a decision on my own!

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2011, 4:15 am

She sounds weird and confusing. Dont let her make you do anything you dont want to do. Stand your ground.

Taking a break.

LittleSwallow
Raven
Raven

22 Nov 2011, 6:30 am

zen_mistress wrote:
She sounds weird and confusing. Dont let her make you do anything you dont want to do. Stand your ground.

Do you think she has something like bipolar or shiczoperhria? ( i know that aint the spelling but i tried my best with it), because she left me on my own at a pub the whole night! She turned up at half eight to meet up when in fact she said to turn up at half nine, I even got a text from her saying half nine. I didnt see her the whole time I was there, then I got a text from her saying how she travelled all the way for nothing from Kildare (she never said she was coming from Kildare!) and how she was going home now and also not to text her again. So thankfully a lovely girl from my school offered to take me back home, becasue I was mean to be staying with my frined that night, so I had no lift organised. I mean how bad is that?!?

How do I avoid her? Coz knowing her, she will text me in a few says time, and act as if nothing has happened.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2011, 12:21 pm

I would tell her you need to have a serious talk with her and then explain to her you are not intrested in that guy, and that she should stop bringing it up because its bothering you......I mean say it in your own words but if she's you're friend she should certainly respect that, sometimes people get a little carried away with stuff and don't know where to draw the line.....so that's when you have to say something. If she can't respect that well then I don't think shes a true friend.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2011, 12:24 pm

LittleSwallow wrote:
zen_mistress wrote:

Do you think she has something like bipolar or shiczoperhria? ( i know that aint the spelling but i tried my best with it), because she left me on my own at a pub the whole night! She turned up at half eight to meet up when in fact she said to turn up at half nine, I even got a text from her saying half nine. I didnt see her the whole time I was there, then I got a text from her saying how she travelled all the way for nothing from Kildare (she never said she was coming from Kildare!) and how she was going home now and also not to text her again. So thankfully a lovely girl from my school offered to take me back home, becasue I was mean to be staying with my frined that night, so I had no lift organised. I mean how bad is that?!?

How do I avoid her? Coz knowing her, she will text me in a few says time, and act as if nothing has happened.

Avoiding is not always the best option, maybe she does have a psychological disorder that is contributing to some of her behavior....so if you do that it will only make things worse. If you really don't want to be friends with her anymore then at least be up front, though I don't like to recommend breaking off friendships so I hope its not to that point......but yeah I know how I feel when people avoid me rather then just telling me whats going on.