Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2011, 1:04 am

Discuss.

deconstruction
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2011, 1:13 am

It's true women like funny guys. Sometimes, being funny is more important than the looks or money.

But it's not true that you HAVE TO be funny for girls to like you.

Also, there are many ways to be funny. I've never met a person who's completely humorless. It's just that not everybody can be an outgoing "clown", throwing jokes all over the place. Nobody ask you to be one, anyway.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2011, 1:57 am

I think what most women mean when they say they want a guy with a sense of humor, isn't necessarily a man who can tell funny jokes but a man who is patient, forgiving, and isn't up tight.

They want a man who can defuse small potentially bad situations rather than make them bigger. A man who can laugh off small things.

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2011, 2:15 am

From what I know, there are so many types of humour that you can be dating a "funny guy" but you may not laugh because that is not your sense of humour.

I think humour is a special kind of sense, and if you share a sense of humour with someone you have in common a sense of what you may find silly that a lot of people may not.

For example I often make jokes and people do not get them, though people who have a similar sense of humour may notice.....

Also a person may not think they are funny, but someone may find them funny.

Taking a break.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2011, 2:26 am

if a guy can't make me laugh i won't feel connected to him. humour is extremely important to me.

i have to be able to make him laugh too.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2011, 2:55 am

I like if they have a good sense of humour, and well what I see as a good sense of humour is a little twisted but hey, why not laugh at the horrible things in life as well.

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2011, 3:20 am

Sense of humour isnt a requeriment to every girl Ive met but in my experience it helps a lot breaking the ice/awkwardness of the first approaches when you barely know each other and having a similar sense of humour can bring people together so its not a requirement but it does help finding a partner.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt255139.html

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2011, 6:11 am

MacDragard wrote:
Discuss.

Not at all, Most European women I've found are more serious, reserved and prefer thoughtfulness so perhaps you'd be better off in Europe. It also depends on the type of person you're dealing with, some girls tend to be more serious, certain cultures tend to be more serious. For instance, British humor tends to be dark and uses dry wit as opposed to American humor which uses more obvious slapstick humor and profanity laced jokes.

Lene
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2011, 6:58 am

It's up there. Although depends on the humour. I hate the brash alpha male crap (not funny at all, but everyone laughs all the same).

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2011, 6:58 am

Not really.

MacDragard
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2011, 8:08 am

Wolfheart wrote:
MacDragard wrote:
Discuss.

Not at all, Most European women I've found are more serious, reserved and prefer thoughtfulness so perhaps you'd be better off in Europe. It also depends on the type of person you're dealing with, some girls tend to be more serious, certain cultures tend to be more serious. For instance, British humor tends to be dark and uses dry wit as opposed to American humor which uses more obvious slapstick humor and profanity laced jokes.

That's good to know. I think Irish chicks are hot.

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2011, 8:41 am

i like men who can make me laugh. although tbh i laugh at almost anything and a few of the people i've been interested in haven't been particular 'funny guys'

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2011, 2:24 pm

Being able to make women laugh is certainly important. Women don't only date "funny guys" but in all honesty, all my experiences with women that involve casual or serious relationships, begin with me entertaining them in some manner.

"If you can make a girl laugh, you can make her do anything" as Marilyn Monroe once famously said

SoftlyStepping
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Nov 2011, 5:05 pm

Women like guys who make them feel romantically attracted.

Often this is prefaced by an intellectual screening process. Some women have sublimated this and call it intuition. And forget the intellectual background, so it cannot be challenged.

Humor is the middle ground, and is acceptable in the stage preceding romance.

You're just as well served to skip to the good part though.

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2011, 5:08 pm

sense of humour is personally top of the list for me.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2011, 5:09 pm

It's true. Laughter is the best thing there possibly is, better than gold or orgasms or badger skin handbags