Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

The
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Nov 2011, 9:39 am

I've noticed a general trend of misanthropy on this board. A misanthrope is not a pleasant person to be around. Hate begets hate. Wanna stop people teasing you, act more approachable. Think about that.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2011, 9:48 am

Let's turn this around.

How about the world stop requiring us to meet impossible, and ever changing standards before THEY will accept US for who we are?

I'm a misanthrope because I'm largely sick of people.

My whole life I offered my heart naively to others only to be hurt and rejected over any number of "defects" that made me an undesirable to be around.

I eventually stopped caring about what others wanted. f**k them.

Misanthropes are made, not born, by the very people who would criticize them for being misanthropic.

mar00
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2011, 9:49 am

Misanthropes are actually very nice people in person. Cynics are not, maybe.
However. What is this pleasant quality of a person to enjoy while being around is not absolute, is it. The main theme is that in our society *different* begets hate. Approachable to nt's for aspies means something that they are not.

mar00
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2011, 9:52 am

Quote:
My whole life I offered my heart naively to others only to be hurt and rejected over any number of "defects" that made me an undesirable to be around.

Nicely said.

rickc77
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Nov 2011, 9:53 am

Nah, don't hate them because they don't accept you. Forgive them and be the one to set the morale standard. Accept THEM for being different and try to explain how you are different and be kind to yourself.

I also get hurt from giving myself away too easily to people who dont know how to love easily.

It's a huge disappointment and i feel your pain, but dont give up. Next time try get yourself to be more LIMITED EDITION if you get me? People are threatened if you show your love too soon, play harder to get and make ureself more attractive.

Live and learn.

The
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Nov 2011, 9:53 am

Spell check your suicide notes. Your lives are worthless if that's what you've decided. No ones asking for perfecting or no quirks. But I've noticed how many people are ready to say damn the world. It's pathetic.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2011, 10:04 am

Trolling isn't welcome here The. Please knock it off.

You may have valid points to make, but you're couching them in what seems to be the most provocative way you possibly can.

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2011, 10:05 am

If you wish to help us improve our social skills you are more than welcome to do so, however I´d suggest you try to find a way on which you arent attacking members here and people may listen to what you say/provide their input.

Want members to listen to what you have to say try to approach them in a more friendly manner without implying that we´ve made a choice to be this way because neither of us has, think about that.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt255139.html