Aspie student is bullied and forced to mow the lawn?

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Ria1989
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Nov 2011, 7:54 pm

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb ... d=mobile17

Yeah, it makes perfect sense to make someone with allergies mow the lawn. Wow! How screwed up.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

23 Nov 2011, 8:23 pm

Oh, that is so rotten. And I had such hopes, since bullying is getting press time, I thought the *teachers* would have a major impact on reducing (or abolishing!) bullying. And here we are, with the staff at special schools being the ringleaders. Is there any hope?

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

23 Nov 2011, 8:26 pm

Oh my god, the poor kid lives in Portland.

8O

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2011, 8:34 pm

Claradoon wrote:
Oh, that is so rotten. And I had such hopes, since bullying is getting press time, I thought the *teachers* would have a major impact on reducing (or abolishing!) bullying. And here we are, with the staff at special schools being the ringleaders. Is there any hope?

There is no hope, because the little s**ts learn to bully from the elders, then they grow up and the next generation learns from them. Its a vicious cycle rooted in human nature.

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

Ria1989
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Nov 2011, 9:27 pm

It is a cycle, but not everyone participates in it or should. Think of sexual abuse victims. Not many become perpetraters, but of course, some do :(.

Jayo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2011, 9:43 pm

It really astounds me how there are so many cases of teachers bullying special needs students - AND THOSE ARE JUST THE ONES THAT ARE REPORTED. It doesn't seem to be tied to the age, gender, or ethnicity of the teacher either.

I'm willing to wager that for every story made public of teachers bullying special needs students, there are two more that don't get heard about. Probably because the bullying teacher manipulates or intimidates the student into keeping their mouth shut.

Ria1989
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Nov 2011, 9:45 pm

Jayo wrote:
It really astounds me how there are so many cases of teachers bullying special needs students - AND THOSE ARE JUST THE ONES THAT ARE REPORTED. It doesn't seem to be tied to the age, gender, or ethnicity of the teacher either.

I'm willing to wager that for every story made public of teachers bullying special needs students, there are two more that don't get heard about. Probably because the bullying teacher manipulates or intimidates the student into keeping their mouth shut.

Yep! There needs to be cameras if this type of behavior is so common.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

23 Nov 2011, 10:34 pm

Is bullying rage-based?

Xelebes
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2011, 10:59 pm

Claradoon wrote:
Is bullying rage-based?

Often, yes. It's sometimes rage about neglect or rage about impotence.

http://xelebes.wordpress.com/
My Blog

Basagu
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Nov 2011, 10:03 am

They should check up onteachers that work with special need students.

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2011, 10:11 am

Claradoon wrote:
Is bullying rage-based?

It's superiority-based. people feel god-like from doing to people what they want, and of course Humans being Humans causing pain is the natural expression of this. It is often transferred. I.e. a bully was bullied or is made to feel inadequate in some way or is disillusioned. Sometimes of course the person is just a psychopath.

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2011, 11:15 am

Gedrene wrote:
Claradoon wrote:
Is bullying rage-based?

It's superiority-based. people feel god-like from doing to people what they want, and of course Humans being Humans causing pain is the natural expression of this. It is often transferred. I.e. a bully was bullied or is made to feel inadequate in some way or is disillusioned. Sometimes of course the person is just a psychopath.

Still all human nature in the end. Cybernetics seem attractive if they advance to a huge extent... change myself into a cyborg so I dont have to count myself amongst the human race. Sadly that is all just idle fantasy.

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2011, 11:19 am

DemonAbyss10 wrote:
Gedrene wrote:
Claradoon wrote:
Is bullying rage-based?

Still all human nature in the end. Cybernetics seem attractive if they advance to a huge extent... change myself into a cyborg so I dont have to count myself amongst the human race. Sadly that is all just idle fantasy.

You can be non-human without being a cyborg. But that would involve a lot of re-imagination of the word as we know it.

-Skeksis-
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Nov 2011, 12:49 am

Hearing yet another occurrence of a disabled student being bullied by a teacher is just disgusting.

Everyone always says bullies are trying to make up for something or have some inner problem or other. A bully can just enjoy being cruel to someone they don't think of as equal. It's surprising that seems to never be mentioned.

Jayo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2011, 10:22 pm

You know, sometimes I have to wonder if these special ed teachers (or any teachers for that matter) go into the profession with the premeditated intent of bullying vulnerable students for some warped sense of pleasure. I think that the majority don't, it's just an insidious behaviour they gradually acquire with time, when their patience starts to wear thin. It definitely takes a certain character to teach special needs, it's not for everyone, and that's no negative reflection on special needs - it is what it is.

However, you contrast that with those scandals you hear of pedophile gym teachers or coaches - I actually believe that in those cases, the male teacher or coach went into that role with the premeditated intent of engaging in sexual abuse, I don't think it's something they suddenly decided to do along the way b/c they got bored with their job or something.

All of which is to say, there is a certain warped sense of gratification that certain unsavoury types exercise from being in a position of authority over the vulnerable.

Ria1989
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Nov 2011, 10:37 pm

Jayo wrote:
You know, sometimes I have to wonder if these special ed teachers (or any teachers for that matter) go into the profession with the premeditated intent of bullying vulnerable students for some warped sense of pleasure. I think that the majority don't, it's just an insidious behaviour they gradually acquire with time, when their patience starts to wear thin. It definitely takes a certain character to teach special needs, it's not for everyone, and that's no negative reflection on special needs - it is what it is.

However, you contrast that with those scandals you hear of pedophile gym teachers or coaches - I actually believe that in those cases, the male teacher or coach went into that role with the premeditated intent of engaging in sexual abuse, I don't think it's something they suddenly decided to do along the way b/c they got bored with their job or something.

All of which is to say, there is a certain warped sense of gratification that certain unsavoury types exercise from being in a position of authority over the vulnerable.

Most definitely! That's partially why there is such a negative stigma associated with foster parents; some men or women gave them a bad reputation because of their selfish, disgusting, power-hungry needs that flourish when they have poor, innocent children in their hands that they can treat inappropriately. They know their children have no one else. They're suppose to be the guardian angel and that's why people won't suspect anything. Children will feel helpless. There are very bad people out there that premeditate their actions.