Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

netsavy006
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Nov 2011, 9:33 pm

I'd like to know if there is anybody out there who take Seroquel for anxiety?

If so, what dose are you on? What side effects do you get?

Any other info you can give me about your experience with Seroquel?

Thank you very much in advance,
~ Andy

enrico_dandolo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2011, 11:03 pm

I once did. I had 25 mg pills, I could take 1 to 4, depending on how I felt. It mostly worked, but I did always fell sleepy afterwards -- but then, that's a frequent side effect for anything against anxiety. I also took a daily dose of 600 mg at the time, so I don't know if it will be comparable. Right now, I still have it, but it's mostly for sleep, as needed, and I never take more than 25 mg if I want to wake up reliably the next day.

artrat
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2011, 2:19 am

Dont take it.
It is one of those medications that make you feel like a zombie.
I wasted six years of my life on that crap. It helps the anxiety but you don't enjoy anything else in life.

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2011, 11:09 am

I take 50mg of Seroquel at bedtime and 25mg in the morning. It really helps me not only with anxiety, but also with sensory overload. Instead of sounds all meshing into a roar in my head, I can identify them and place where there coming from. It helps me to cope.

B3astM4n
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Nov 2011, 10:31 pm

I have been taking Seroquel XR (The long acting version) at a dose of 400mg 4 hours before bed, for about a 2 years now and it has helped me greatly (A months supply costs over $200 CAD as there is no generic yet but I still budget for it every month, works that well for me). It helps my anxiety, and sensory overload as another poster said, also feel a little more "natural" when I have to talk to someone, I also have chronic insomnia and it helps with that as well. I work in a somewhat high-stress job and it's the first job I've been at for over 8 months in my life, thanks to Seroquel (2 and a half years, minus a couple Leave of absences). Depends on the person, but it has worked very well for me. Hope this helps somewhat.

Daryl_Blonder
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Nov 2011, 4:39 pm

My experience with it is that it's EXPENSIVE!! ! My Dr. believes that there is no discernible difference between this class of drugs and the older antipsychotics such as Thorazine, except that SOME people may experience debilitating side effects which are overplayed by the drug companies who want you to buy their new designer drugs like Seroquel.

****************************************************************************************

Check out "Problem Child," my memoir of life with autism.