Page 2 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2012, 1:57 pm

androbot2084 wrote:
So is casting a love spell ethical?

Only if it opens yourself up to more love opportunities, but casting a spell to make one person love you is seen as unethical. I read it in quite a few books.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2012, 2:04 pm

idlewild wrote:
MONKEY wrote:
When I was younger I dabbled in a bit of Wicca and Paganism, I mostly liked the imagery and ideas but was not convinced at all by the supernatural/god side of it, I very much stayed an atheist with a love of paganism. I gave up after a few months though it seemed a bit of a hassle.
I still like paganism though I'm very much secular in every way possible.

There are actually a significant number of atheists in Paganism. They find the culture suits them. I guess you would say they practice a non-theistic nature religion.

Ah cool, I am fascinated by the science behind nature and stuff, there's nothing magical about to imo but I can see the logic behind revering it. I like how nature religions are the worship of things that are actually there, like the sun, rather than physical gods which I find utterly ridiculous.

idlewild
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Mar 2012, 2:41 pm

androbot2084 wrote:

Most would say no. I don't do spell casting like that, so it's a matter of irrelevance to me. The spell always affects the caster far more strongly than the target.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 159 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 75 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2012, 7:47 pm

I was raised in a Christian household. My family converted me to Catholicism when I was 11. But my belief in God (the Christian God at least) and especially my loyalty to the Church has been faltering a lot lately. Even though I claim to still belong to Catholicism, I feel like every time I pray or say the words "I'm Catholic", the words feel empty now, like I'm just paying lip service to a God I may or may not actually believe in anymore. Besides, I haven't actively practiced the religion in like 3 years.

But while I don't really believe in the Christian God anymore, I don't want to stop believing in a god (or gods/goddesses), since I still feel like a spiritual person inside. I'm seriously considering trying out Paganism, particularly the Wicca branch. Another thing I've considered doing is just believing in my own religion, since I have imaginary friends based on my favorite fictional characters who seem to fill a spiritual need inside of me.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2012, 5:24 am

IdahoRose wrote:
I was raised in a Christian household. My family converted me to Catholicism when I was 11. But my belief in God (the Christian God at least) and especially my loyalty to the Church has been faltering a lot lately. Even though I claim to still belong to Catholicism, I feel like every time I pray or say the words "I'm Catholic", the words feel empty now, like I'm just paying lip service to a God I may or may not actually believe in anymore. Besides, I haven't actively practiced the religion in like 3 years.

But while I don't really believe in the Christian God anymore, I don't want to stop believing in a god (or gods/goddesses), since I still feel like a spiritual person inside. I'm seriously considering trying out Paganism, particularly the Wicca branch. Another thing I've considered doing is just believing in my own religion, since I have imaginary friends based on my favorite fictional characters who seem to fill a spiritual need inside of me.

Just do what feel's right for you, you don't need to fit into one minute category. Image

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2012, 6:48 pm

Casting a love spell is subjecting your lover to psychic attack.

ellora
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Mar 2012, 8:55 pm

I am my own blend of buddhist and pagan. my beliefs and philosophy are predominantly buddhist, though I have celebrated pagan holidays for years; spring and autumn equanoix and winter solstice in place of traditional holidays. when my children were growing up I recieved a few critical looks from parents who couldent believe that I had done away with santa and the easter bunny.

idlewild
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Mar 2012, 9:05 pm

ellora wrote:
I am my own blend of buddhist and pagan. my beliefs and philosophy are predominantly buddhist, though I have celebrated pagan holidays for years; spring and autumn equanoix and winter solstice in place of traditional holidays. when my children were growing up I recieved a few critical looks from parents who couldent believe that I had done away with santa and the easter bunny.

I love Santa. Technically, he is the first God I ever worshiped (believed in, communicated with, followed the rules of and made offerings to).

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2012, 1:22 am

I don't have a religion and do not consider myself an agnostic or atheist...I have no label for it, I just don't care...I find some religions and mythology and such interesting but I don't follow any religions...I also do not deny there are spiritual energies and such, and I am not stuck between 'does god exist, or does god not exist' so I'm not really an agnostic either from my understanding.

Belive it or not I've gotten crap for this because people find it that shocking that I don't have any religious beliefs or describe myself as an atheist or agnostic. I don't really see the big deal why does one have to have a label for how they understand the world and universe?

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2012, 3:13 pm

Yes there would be an advantage to your objectivity as many religious people are blind when they consider communism.

idlewild
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Mar 2012, 3:14 pm

androbot2084 wrote:
Yes there would be an advantage to your objectivity as many religious people are blind when they consider communism.

What does communism have to do with anything?

diniesaur
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2012, 12:21 pm

idlewild wrote:
androbot2084 wrote:

Most would say no. I don't do spell casting like that, so it's a matter of irrelevance to me. The spell always affects the caster far more strongly than the target.

I believe that most times it is not ethical, but I have found one person who was very careful with the love spell:
http://www.paganjourneys.com/index.php? ... 0#msg25470
I believe that he did it correctly--it wasn't aimed at any specific person, etc....

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2012, 1:02 pm

idlewild wrote:
ellora wrote:

I love Santa. Technically, he is the first God I ever worshiped (believed in, communicated with, followed the rules of and made offerings to).

Christmas and Easter are not untainted by Paganism themselves.

Bunnies are pagan fertility symbols of spring that have nothing to do with Christ, and December 25th is the birthday of ancient pagan sun god.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2012, 1:03 pm

diniesaur wrote:
idlewild wrote:
androbot2084 wrote:

I believe that most times it is not ethical, but I have found one person who was very careful with the love spell:
http://www.paganjourneys.com/index.php? ... 0#msg25470
I believe that he did it correctly--it wasn't aimed at any specific person, etc....

Did it actually work though?

that is: get the target person to pay attention to the spell maker in a romantic way?

Rocky
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2012, 4:15 pm

artrat wrote:
I know that I am not a Christian, atheist or agnostic. I am currently in the process of researching and finding a religion.
I believe in a creator but not a messiah and feel a strong connection with nature. I don't know if I believe in an afterlife.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Wikipedia has an article on Spinozism that you might find relevant.

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2012, 4:26 pm

Love spells work but they put the victim under psychic attack.