Let me tell you about me...

Page 1 of 8 [ 116 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2006, 11:55 pm

Hello, my name is Jack Werbert, Jr. I don't talk about myself on this site very much. I just use it as a dumping ground for my snarky comments. It is also useful in helping me see how fortunate I am, and that my life really could be a lot worse. I have also had a lot of fun with the great people here.

I am a student at a local community college, and this semester, I am taking a full course load for the first time since the disastrous spring of 2005. Not only that, but I am also doing an unpaid internship. Between school and work, and being driven to and fro, a good deal of my time, perhaps 35 hours a week, is used up. I am doing well so far in balancing everything out. In fact, I just received A's on three tests I took last week. However, I am still worried.

You see, my work ethic, for the past few years, has come in cycles. In the spring of even-numbered years, I pass any class. After that, though, it usually fades, culminating in some self-made disaster that invariably causes me to fail my classes. Last spring and summer, I took three classes, passing all of them with flying colors. Unfortunately, we are now heading into the winter, and I fear my productivity is about to take a sharp decline.

I don't know if I'm any smarter than before, or any stronger, but I know I'm going to do my damnedest to prevent my various failings from throwing away a promising start of the semester.

One-Winged-Angel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2006, 12:16 am

|\/||_|574.-|) \|/1|_|_ |)13

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2006, 12:25 am

One-Winged-Angel wrote:

He means "Mustard will die." God, I'm horrifed, I can actually read this shite. He's STILL going on about it....

I know how it feels for the ol' work ethic to come and go, although for me, to work really well in a subject, I must be actually interested in it wholheartedly...

On sabbatical...

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2006, 1:10 am

Is your name reeeeally Jack Werbert Jr.? :P

I too have taken on the double task of full-time worker and part time student. it's hard to find the energy to study after an 8 hour work day.
It involves a lot of self discipline which I don't have so I always end up here, reading posts on WP instead of studying.

And I always end up reading YOUR posts Werbert, your snarky, smart alec, INFURIATING posts. :evil:

j/k . I love your snarkiness. :lol:

One-Winged-Angel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2006, 1:14 am

Quatermass wrote:
One-Winged-Angel wrote:

He means "Mustard will die." God, I'm horrifed, I can actually read this shite. He's STILL going on about it....

I know how it feels for the ol' work ethic to come and go, although for me, to work really well in a subject, I must be actually interested in it wholheartedly...

1, 94.-|_1(, \|/1|_|_ |<N0(|< _|00 4|_|_ |)0\|/N

CanyonWind
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2006, 1:31 am

Good to finally meet you, and I hope you succeed in breaking out of that weird cycle.

Well thank you buddy for your advice...
-Malvina

krex
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2006, 2:09 am

It's a pleasure to meet the little man behind the snarky curtain,at last.I went to college about 20 years ago and I know I was always having to take of an occassional quarter to have my "little interludes with psycosis" brought on by,uhm...poor choices.Winter can be the hardest because I have a strong need to "hybernate" and get into my art/reading obsessions....on the other hand,it is a bit easier to focus,in that,there arent a bunch of half naked drunk folks playing frisbee in the streets making me feel even more like a lone mutant....bit of a trade off I guess.Wish I had some practical advice that didnt sound like a fortune cookie,but I dont so....just try and keep organized and pace yourself.(I was a procrastinating sprinter,pretty stressful but I did graduate out of sheer aspie stuborness.Good luck.

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

06 Oct 2006, 2:34 am

Of the 35 hours your in the trenches what percent is that unpaid internship?

How many semester hours are you taking at school?

Are you doing okay in college algebra? I have a college algebra math book and my sister
has a master degree in math so you can ask me for help. We can figure a way to scan
handwritten notes if need be.

When I was at college I made a chart (and put it on the wall)of just how many hours I was in class, labs
(I took chemistry, biology, physic so alot of labs), doing a work study job(it was 15-20
hours a week I think) and it was so impressive the amount of work I was doing I took
a photo of it (this is in the pre common digital camrea days). I manage 3 complete years
dropped a few classes and made one D but other than I had a GPA of like 3.6 or more.
Too bad I been out of college so long my credits have expired.

greyhelium
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2006, 5:34 am

One-Winged-Angel wrote:
Quatermass wrote:
One-Winged-Angel wrote:

1, 94.-|_1(, \|/1|_|_ |<N0(|< _|00 4|_|_ |)0\|/N

411 |\/||_|574|2|) \/\/|11 |o3|215|-| |_||\||)3|2 7#3 |\/|19|-|7 ()|= 94|21<!1one 5() \/\/|11 7#3 7|234<|-|3|2()|_|5 |)|_|<|<5!1one 94|21|< |o()|/\|3|2!one

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2006, 8:43 am

There! Now, we found out a little bit more about you. I am very happy.

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2006, 12:51 pm

Tm1, I just got a 95 on my first math test, so I don't need your help, beeyotch. Thanks, anyway.

I did include some study time in that 35 hour figure, but, regardless, it's more work than I have ever done before.

blue_bean wrote:
Is your name reeeeally Jack Werbert Jr.? :P

*Shakes head* Yes.

larsenjw92286 wrote:
If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?

I had a dream just last night that someone asked me this. I gave them the true answer. This person already knew how long I had been at the school that I attend, so they asked me what I did the year in between my senior year in high school and the time I started going to my current school.

I woke up in a sweat.

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2006, 12:54 pm

Do you not feel comfortable telling me how old you are?

Mitch8817
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2006, 12:54 pm

Nice sidestep of the age question

JJ
Toucan
Toucan

06 Oct 2006, 1:21 pm

Have you considered a career in politics, werbert?

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

06 Oct 2006, 2:26 pm

I would guess he is 23-27 years old.

But I'm not sure on Werbert2 or Werbert3.

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2006, 3:33 pm

The info on werbert's age.

And I'm not going into politics. I'm no good and backslapping and gladhanding.