Do you feel like your too mentally mature for your age?

Page 1 of 6 [ 84 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

DuneyBlues
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Dec 2011, 10:45 am

And why?

Beaux
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Dec 2011, 10:55 am

Sometimes, but I usually just think that everyone else is mentally immature. :P

DuneyBlues
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Dec 2011, 11:02 am

^ cool

Last edited by DuneyBlues on 04 Dec 2011, 3:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DuneyBlues
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Dec 2011, 11:06 am

I do feel like I am too mentally mature , My personality is introverted and I see life at unusual angles.
I'm into Complex Algebraic Nonlinear Topogeometric Dynamics - I'm particularly interested in Navier-Stokes Turbulence.
All my friends like to talk about is sex , girls , how school sucks , and the latest videogames.
Why do I feel so different , I can't find people with similar interests.

ArtemisHolmes
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Dec 2011, 12:27 pm

Yes, I do, and at times I bloody hate it. I feel this way because I've been told how mature I am, and I believe people when they say that.

ghjklbny
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Dec 2011, 3:23 pm

Indeed i am! when i look at everyone else i just think ' wow thats immature' or how can you do X or Y your too lively happy etc.
Then theres fun and games, i would rather sit down and look from the outside thinking how young they all are, yet im older than everyone in my year!

I sound like a old man! not a teenager!

TheKing
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2011, 11:55 pm

im interested in stuff like science, politics, and religion always have been my older brothers claim that mentally im 60, im usually the Wise Old Man among my friends who people go to for advice about life, even relationship help. funny im unable to get myself in a relationship yet i have literally saved dozens of relationships, and 4 lives, of people i know. it just sucks cuz that generally leaves me no one to talk to or confide in. :( my newest friend Sierra has an autistic brother named Ian, she talks to me about him a lot, he gets bullied at school a lot :( she has promised to be there for me if i ever need anyone to talk to.

but yeah mentally im more mature than others my age, emotionally, not when i let my emotions out no, but as long as i keep them bottled up yes

kobi_galon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Dec 2011, 7:41 am

I always thought like that, especially when I was younger. But just like Beaux, I used to consider other people of my age as immature. That's why I had even more problems to make friends at school. I didn't want to be like them, didn't want to sound like them. So it was almost impossible to have friends of the same age.

"A man is as free as he chooses to make himself, never an atom freer"

black_legion
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Dec 2011, 3:17 pm

I definately feel too mature I find myself getting on with people who are slightly older than me now seeing as almost all of my freinds except for me are into drugs and I just can't stand being in public while they're doing crap like meow five meters away from me.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

17 Dec 2011, 5:37 pm

Yes, I have felt that way. Sometimes I am.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2011, 11:36 am

Maybe I shouldn't post in here at the ripe age of 24 ;) but I used to think I was much more mature than everyone else when I was a teen. Later I realised that I was actually very immature.

AllieG1997
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Dec 2011, 3:59 pm

It's kinda funny. I used to be really mature when I was little, but now (I'm 14), I am quite immature. My friend and I always joke about being immature. It's one of our favorite past times. :)

Ysone
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Dec 2011, 6:42 am

i do. it's so much easier to talk to people a lot older and I date older women. I guess i just relate to them better. And it's also sort of like they do things to accomodate me.

ardentauthor
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Dec 2011, 6:37 pm

My friends either tell me I'm too mature or I need to grow up. Usually it's the former.
I definitely feel that I'm too mature. I enjoy classic literature that no one has heard of, and I'm really interested in political systems. No one else my age cares about those things. However I still have childish habits, like biting my nails or whining when I get really upset.

archerboy
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Jan 2012, 12:56 am

i can be it really just depends see, im bipolar as well as an aspie so my maturity levels vary depending on mania, sugar, caffine, adrenaline, depression, and many other things. for example some of the time im immature in my mania stages but in what i call my neutral moments i can be more mature than most seniors at my high school. yet even still some mania lets way to a strange balance of both. what can i say im a bundle of crazy. 8)

AutibotXD
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Jan 2012, 7:26 am

Yes and no. i use alot of grammar that my freind just don't understand and i'm the only one who realises the paradox of the normality concept and can point out apparently unnoticable things that to me just seem rediculous (such as my geography teacher saying "to increase the velocity" 8O , this implied that velocity and speed were the same thing but speed is speed and velocity is speed in a given direction (100mph N) you could increase speed which would be a change in velocity, but you cannot increase a direction and seeing as velocity is both, velocity can't increase only accelarate). And I've recently taken an interest in the Ocarina (sweet potatoe, not peruvian) and i am currently looking into buying an alto ocarina suprano is too high pitched and would hurt my ears.
But my special interest for the last five years has been Pokemon :D and i get really hyper and giddy whenever i drink a monster energy drink
and in all honesty i have no idea how the employment system works (it would be nice to know) and until last week (or should i say year) i didn't know how to use a grill.(I'm 14 btw)