Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

psayles56
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Dec 2011, 9:27 pm

Some nights I don't even sleep at all. I have been awake since 4pm yesterday. I did take a nap a few hours ago though. I will hopefully get some sleep tonight though. I hate not being able to sleep. Once I do fall asleep it is very hard for me to wake up.

trissgutza
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Dec 2011, 11:08 pm

definitely noctournal. i like the peace and quite of nighttime.

little_black_sheep
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Dec 2011, 11:47 pm

I am also quite nocturnal. As a result of an injury I have been home for a few weeks and it took me exactly one day to fall back into my natural sleeping pattern, namely sleeping from 6-8am to 1-3pm.

Every morning in Africa, an antelope wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest antelope, or it will starve. It doesn't matter if you're

bruinsy33
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Dec 2011, 12:30 am

All that I have ever worked has been evening's and the night shift.

RW665
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2011, 12:38 am

The night is so quiet and calm and it's so different than the world of the day. Plus, the sun hurts my eyes and makes my skin feel like it's burning, the moon is nice to me.

"Listen to them - children of the night. What music they make."

Morbid Malign's askblog: http://askmorbidmalign.tumblr.com/

Lil_Button
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Dec 2011, 5:18 am

pete1061 wrote:
It would be interesting to see some official research to find out just how common being nocturnal is for aspies.
Maybe it's the sensitivity to light & background noise that drive some to seek the peace and quiet of the night.

I know at least that why I like the night. The world is just so much easier to deal with at night.

It's always been torture for me during times when I'd have to adhere to a daytime schedule. I'd never be able to wake up until sun down, and all the hustle and bustle of the daytime would drive me crazy.

I can't speak as an official Aspie, but yeah, that would be interesting! I agree with your reasons for preferring the night.. at the end of a day i feel i need a few hours by myself to just get over everything, even if it's been a perfectly good day (like for me yesterday). It tires me out feeling like i have to be a fully functioning person when i'm out and about during the daytime.. i need to be alone to recover!

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2011, 7:25 am

Nope, not at all. I am a ''day person''. I like to be tucked up in bed at night. And I enjoy spring and summer nights when it gets dark later.

AlastorX
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Dec 2011, 8:20 am

I am nocturnal... mostly because I get so involved in certain things that I forget about the clock. I completely loose track of time. It often causes me to being late as well.

lostmyself
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Dec 2011, 8:27 am

well I am not very creative at night but feel less anxious because I am alone and not under much social/work pressure. I am the same when I lock myself up for hours at home and do what interests me. Natural light livens me up artificial light makes me sad.

The_Perfect_Storm
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2011, 9:05 am

Yes, especially right now. I'm unreasonably sluggish in the mornings.

Whosinabunker
Toucan
Toucan

07 Dec 2011, 12:14 pm

Jory wrote:
A bit? I'm more nocturnal than Batman.

Ha! I was going to say something about about how nocturnal I am, but this sums it up beautifully, thank you Jory!

TheSunAlsoRises
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2011, 12:38 pm

bruinsy33 wrote:

Me Too.

TheSunAlsoRises

TheSunAlsoRises
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2011, 12:51 pm

TheSunAlsoRises wrote:
bruinsy33 wrote:

Me Too.

TheSunAlsoRises

I would say, a little over 90% of my job employment has been evening and night shifts. I requested these shifts because of the autonomy it gave me and usually whether i was supervisor or NOT i became the go to person whenever something went wrong. It didn't matter where i was on the totem pole, due to time and experience(this is what i believed at the time); i knew how to handle certain situations. Whether i would take control is a whole other matter. LoL. One of my friends and co-workers back in the day would call me a reluctant leader.

He use to piss me off just to get me to take control. I try to fly under the radar but sooner or later, i get spotted.

TheSunAlsoRises

Daryl_Blonder
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Dec 2011, 1:05 pm

I have a similar body clock to OP's-- maybe even more extreme. By about 6 or 7 in the morning I start to not feel so good... but I STILL can't go to sleep (without meds/drugs). All of my drug abuse has come from not being able to sleep. I really wish someone would do some intense research on autistics and sleep troubles because it is a very serious problem!! !

*********************************************************************************

Check out "Problem Child," my memoir of life with autism.