Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2011, 6:48 pm

Okay, before anyone says neither of them, both of these particular snakes are extremely sweet and loving. If anyone has any experience with snakes, please share your input!

The first snake is a pastel ball python. I've seen this particular snake twice now and he is very, very sweet. Pastel is a rare morph for a ball python, so he's more pricey, but the price doesn't matter for us. They're cheap compared to the other pets lol! He will grow to be the bigger one of the two, probably to around four feet long as an adult. He's about three months old right now.

The second snake is a snow corn snake, a fairly uncommon corn snake morph. I met this snake after meeting the python, and she is very sweet as well. She's the more active of the two and is much smaller. She will grow to be around the same length as the python, but will be thinner. She's around six months old right now.

I have never, ever owned a snake before so I'd need one that's good for beginners. I've read that both types are, but I'd like to hear from someone with experience for this part. My mom and I would both be taking care of it and feeding it and stuff.

For anyone that doesn't know what the morphs look like, here's basically how they look. These are just snake pics I found online, not the actual baby snakes I've met:

Pastel Ball Python

Snow Corn Snake

Sparx
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2011, 8:07 pm

Before I even clicked on this, I was thinking Corn Snake. But, Snow? She's beautiful! They both are though. I'd decide based on which "clicked" with me. However, I've never owned a snake, so I don't know much about them.

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2011, 8:25 pm

we had an auburny coloured corn snake. when we got him he looked like a pretty worm but he grew quite long, although my forefinger and thumb could still touch if i wrapped them around him. i was always worried about him escaping and not being found, because he was so slim and pretty fast.
only thing i didn't like was having dead mice in the freezer. esp as when he got bigger, so did they D: The fat python one looks like it'd eat more food?
It was pretty easy to look after though and we hadn't really had one before

i can't think what else to say
ours was called Woody... after a member of Madness haha:/

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2011, 9:27 pm

I love snakes.

I think the snow looks a bit prettier and would probably be easier to handle if it doesn't grow as large, but I don't know anything about snake care.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2011, 9:29 pm

I like the ball python.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2011, 2:08 pm

Thanks! Anyone else?

sluice
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2011, 3:32 pm

How 'bout a milksnake? I think they're pretty and I have found to be docile. The cornsnake is nice, but if it gets out of its container it will be much more difficult to recapture.

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2011, 3:57 pm

Wow, purty snakes. :)

I like the color of the python, but if it was my first snake I'd feel pretty bad if it got sick or something because I wasn't experienced. So, I'd probably get the corn snake as a first snake, if it was me.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2011, 4:24 pm

sluice wrote:
How 'bout a milksnake? I think they're pretty and I have found to be docile. The cornsnake is nice, but if it gets out of its container it will be much more difficult to recapture.

Milk snakes are cool, but if I meet a really sweet one, then I'd have to decide between three snakes. It's already really hard as it is between two of them :wink:

I think I'll end up getting the corn snake. I think it's probably best for me to start off with a smaller snake. Thanks for helping, everyone! 8)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2011, 7:01 pm

Speaking in terms of finances, it would be best to get the corn snake, because you will be spending less money on snake food.

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2011, 10:32 pm

The Snow Corn Snake looks cool.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2011, 10:48 pm

Great news, everyone! I got the snow corn snake! She is actually a little over a year old rather than six months. She had been at the pet store forever because there's never any employees in that area. But anyway, she definitely went to a good home and is settling in. I'll try and get a picture of her soon (I'll be gone all day tomorrow so probably Sunday.).

sluice
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2011, 11:50 pm

Congrats, I think you have a fine snake. Any thoughts on a name yet? How about Bob?

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2011, 11:52 pm

I vote for Snape

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2011, 12:37 am

lol! I'm naming her Messina. The name does have a hiss sound to it plus she's my favorite character that turns into a cobra and attacks people :wink:

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2011, 2:01 pm

Lightning88 wrote:
lol! I'm naming her Messina. The name does have a hiss sound to it plus she's my favorite character that turns into a cobra and attacks people :wink:

Whose Messina? I think my voices sounds a little serpentine as I think I draw out my "S"s a bit from what I hear in voice recordings of myself. Anyway I looking forward to the pics.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html