Page 4 of 4 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

fiooo
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Jan 2012, 2:23 pm

I hate phones. It's just awkward to be talking to a voice coming out of a box. I need facial expressions, body language, and other cues to get a feel of what the person on the other end of the line is saying. There is also the issues of not knowing when to end a conversation and not knowing when it is my turn to speak.

themanfromacme
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Jan 2012, 9:07 pm

Good word, do I despise the phone. Time spent on it is time that I could be doing anything else - it's simultaneously boring and nerve-wracking, somehow. The only reason I have one is that it's the only way my father can communicate with me. Anyone else can use email, thankyouverymuch.

throat
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Jan 2012, 9:18 pm

I use my phone as an alarm clock and an MP3 player. Ive not phoned anybody in about a year and i rarely answer it if somebody phones me.

I use E-mail for everything unless its an emergency

munch15a
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Jan 2012, 3:43 am

Yes that is good point i like my phone as a clock calender and reminders thing

Peter_L
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Jan 2012, 4:17 am

From a customer service training course I went through once upon a time, I can say with reasonable certainty that NT's hate phones as well. In fact, I would go so far as to say that they hate them considerably more than we do. In balance, I think they lose more than we do.

Text messages on the dammed things though, I really do hate. Big style. Whomever came up with SMS, typing 26 characters with 9 keys and the resulting devastation to the English language has a lot to answer for. I don't reply to texts.

Kalika
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Jan 2012, 3:48 pm

I don't actually "hate" phones, but I'm definitely not fond of talking on them.......I can't always hear/understand what the other person is saying, and sometimes they can't understand me. (this came up a few times when I worked as a secretary)

tabby676
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Jan 2012, 3:21 pm

only with every fiber of my being...

Niniel
Raven
Raven

12 Jan 2012, 3:44 pm

Yes, I hate phones. I hate calling people(except for my closest family), and I hate it when the phone rings. My husband is always the one who has to answer a call if he is home, even if I am sitting right next to the phone.

Atomsk
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2012, 4:01 pm

I can't be separated from my smartphone. I'm always on Facebook and Skype and MSN and texting people and all that stuff. I'm essentially instantly contactable at any time, using the mediums of communication at which I am best.

It just makes sense to me. I do much better at text than voice, and with text-based communication I can communicate much more of the time versus voice, and because of this my phone is like another limb.

On top of that I use it as an alarm clock, calendar, thing to remind me, flashlight, camera, music player (and storage for now), making rough recordings of ideas so I don't forget them (musical and non musical), just all sorts of things aside from communication.

Darsalus
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

30 Jan 2012, 6:36 pm

Oh yeah I hate using a phone alright. It's probably the only medium of communication I struggle with. I just find it an annoying half-way between face-to-face contact and text-based communication. There's no body language or a way of just telling how a person feels when talking. Even with things like text messaging, there's emoticons, but all you have with a phone is breathing and a voice you have no way of interpreting. Of course, there's the worst bit of all... you don't understand a word they're saying lol ^_^