Butterfly

12 Dec 2011, 6:39 pm

I need someone to talk to desperately!

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

12 Dec 2011, 6:49 pm

I was diagnosed with it 8 years ago when I was suffering from a psychotic depression due to problems over a break up. I doubt I really did have it now because I'm over a lot of those issues but I've done a bit of research on it & I've known people with it on other forums so maybe I could help

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

WhiteWidow
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2011, 11:02 pm

I have bi polar. I take over the counter prescriptions: Nabilone and co respiridone when I'm not self medicating with marijuana. Marijuana I find has helped me wonderfully with my bi polar.

That's how I cope with it (medicinally)

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2011, 8:11 am

I might be having it what are the symptoms??

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

13 Dec 2011, 10:58 am

namaste wrote:

BPD has to do with being emotionally unstable & not knowing who you really are; like acting very different at different times. Think of an extremely EMO 13year-old who's very moody, depressed & desperately wants to fit in; & now imagine an adult with those issues. Black & white thinking that sometimes alternates back & forth, being very insecure, tendency to make rash implosive sometimes dangerous decision, being very emotional with others, being demanding & controlling of others

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2011, 4:29 am

nick007 wrote:
namaste wrote:

BPD has to do with being emotionally unstable & not knowing who you really are; like acting very different at different times. Think of an extremely EMO 13year-old who's very moody, depressed & desperately wants to fit in; & now imagine an adult with those issues. Black & white thinking that sometimes alternates back & forth, being very insecure, tendency to make rash implosive sometimes dangerous decision, being very emotional with others, being demanding & controlling of others

Right for many years i was not knowing who and what I am what my behaviour should be
I keep changing myself to fit in
I get often depressed
My god About rash decisions i surely take the price for that.
I was demanding and controlling earlier .............im a Borderline Personality

Ozzer
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Dec 2011, 12:04 am

I have Borderline Personality Disorder along with PTSD, Anxiety Disorder, Major depressive disorder and Asperger's. What do you need to talk about?

LadySera
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Dec 2011, 5:58 pm

I think that's what my therapist thinks I have because she gave me some CBT worksheets for people with BPD when I mentioned ABA. I don't think so because I'm completely unable/not interested in controlling anyone. It sort of sounds like something other people that I know have though.

FYI-I find YouTube videos informative about stuff. When I first saw the BPD thing written down & was looking it up I saw quite a few people on YouTube talking about it, who had blogs and stuff so you might want to do a search for that too.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2011, 6:56 pm

I have some symptoms but my main issue is depression.

gaz1990
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Dec 2011, 6:03 pm

Well, I think, and my psychiatrist thought, I had aspergers traits, but also, borderline personality traits, so he was a bit confused. But if it helps, I think I developed some form of emotional problem very much like borderline, because of things that happened to me.
I used to be a really nice, innocent little boy, always on my own, kind to people if they needed help and very driven to do things, but when I was about 15, something changed, and I felt from then like I had two very distinct sides, one is that same little kind caring boy, the other is this emotional idiot with stupid insane ideas and anger issues. To an extent everyone has that same two sides in their personality, people get angry, then calm down again, but if borderline is what I have, then it is not normal. For example, one of my best friends for years posted an fb comment, and I took it literally at first before reading it properly. He was basically joking about my intelligence. I think an average person would have realised it straight away and laughed too, but I didn't, so my anger came out, I suddenly HATED him and wanted to tell him to shut up etc, never wanted to see him again for saying that to me. Then, I read his message again, and then I realised what he was saying was intended as a joke, and I came back to normal again, wondering why the hell I would get so angry so quickly over a little joke. Does that sound familiar? Perhaps if you post some examples of the problems you're having it would help us to help you

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2011, 9:01 am

gaz1990 wrote:
Well, I think, and my psychiatrist thought, I had aspergers traits, but also, borderline personality traits, so he was a bit confused. But if it helps, I think I developed some form of emotional problem very much like borderline, because of things that happened to me.
I used to be a really nice, innocent little boy, always on my own, kind to people if they needed help and very driven to do things, but when I was about 15, something changed, and I felt from then like I had two very distinct sides, one is that same little kind caring boy, the other is this emotional idiot with stupid insane ideas and anger issues. To an extent everyone has that same two sides in their personality, people get angry, then calm down again, but if borderline is what I have, then it is not normal. For example, one of my best friends for years posted an fb comment, and I took it literally at first before reading it properly. He was basically joking about my intelligence. I think an average person would have realised it straight away and laughed too, but I didn't, so my anger came out, I suddenly HATED him and wanted to tell him to shut up etc, never wanted to see him again for saying that to me. Then, I read his message again, and then I realised what he was saying was intended as a joke, and I came back to normal again, wondering why the hell I would get so angry so quickly over a little joke. Does that sound familiar? Perhaps if you post some examples of the problems you're having it would help us to help you

yes even i get angry without thinking i lash out at people my hubby and mother in law have had share of my temper tantrum
but my parents also had same emotional issues especially my father who had serious mental disorder

Ozzer
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Dec 2011, 9:23 am

I'm still trying to figure out the difference between what my Borderline behaviors are and what my Aspie behaviors are.
I actually just brought this up in another thread, but I am told that the Borderline makes me cooperatively belligerent. I don't understand how I can be both of those at the same time.

lillyanne
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Dec 2011, 12:19 am

I asked my doctor did they believe I had this and they said 'no'

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2011, 2:15 am

lillyanne wrote:
I asked my doctor did they believe I had this and they said 'no'

but if symptoms are matching then??

Ozzer
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Dec 2011, 7:18 am

Borderline is a hard thing to diagnose because so many of the symptoms can be explained by different disorder and it has a high co-morbidity level. It is something I would love to not have on my medical record. In my experience it has a huge amount of stigma with the medical community.

kirayng
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2012, 10:51 am

I was diagnosed with Borderline PD, schizotypal PD and histrionic PD as a teen, am now in my mid-30s. Late (upcoming) diagnosis of Apserger's. Like you, Ozzer, I'm now trying to figure out where I end and BPD begins, so to speak. I think that mistreatment of sensory-hypersensitive children (read abuse, neglect) can cause a borderline personality because the core belief is actually reinforced, "I'm broken." At least, for me it's this way. Not only do I believe I'm broken, but my Asperger's enforces this belief because I'm extremely clumsy, hypersensitive to all of my senses, very emotional, can cry, shout, rage, at the drop of a hat and I have severe separation anxiety/abandonment issues because every significant caregiver in my life either betrayed me or abused/neglected me. As an adult, this has resulted in abysmally low self-esteem, recurring suicidal ideation, and among other things, no real will to live or do anything positive for myself.

On a side note, I have too many people now that love/care for me for me to take my life, and it's sad to think that I can't stop myself if it weren't for them, but that's the reality. If I can help you in anyway, please PM me, I have around 10 years of experience working and talking with people with personality disorders. One of these days I will go for my master's in Psych.