Post a random act of kindness done for you.

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

12 Dec 2011, 10:05 pm

When I was younger, and still learning how to swim, I had swam over to the deep end of a pool with only a small floatie to hold me up. I lost grip of the floatie, and almost drowned. The lifeguard was too busy checking her makeup, so this one woman who I don't even know jumped into the pool and got me out.

The point is, there are people out there who will do things for people they don't even know.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2011, 10:48 pm

Something kind was done for me just today. I was at my college campus's convenience store. I was hungry, but I only had a dollar to spend, so my options were pretty limited. Just then, a man walked up to me and told me he would buy me anything I wanted from that store. I got a bag of pretzels and a Dr. Pepper, and he paid for it all with his credit card. I guess he was in the spirit of the holidays, or he was trying to do something nice for a student who's taking exams, but I was very appreciative toward his random act of kindness toward somebody he didn't even know.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2011, 10:56 pm

I broke my right ankle ice skating when I was 9. A man skated up to me, and carried me off the ice. I'd like to find out who that man was.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2011, 11:15 pm

Ive done plenty, cant recall a single "random" one. Though right now someone is very generously trying to help mealong it isnt a random act with no name.

Sparx
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2011, 11:28 pm

One time, when I was like 5, while on a field trip with my school at a zoo of sorts, I was minding my own business, looking up at the trees, in my own little world, and in turn the group I was with left me behind. When I discovered I was alone, I got really upset, but a nice lady took me to the front office to help me find out where my group had gone. -_-

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2011, 1:23 am

When I was 9, I choked on a hard candy until my vision started turning dark. Then a man saved my life by giving me the Heimlich Maneuver. Sometimes I wonder if he's still alive, and if he is, what is he doing nowadays? I didn't get his name and I don't even remember his face.

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2011, 3:16 pm

i like this thread! i just bought that 365 random acts of kindness(??) book and am looking forward to reading it

struggling to think of any though. last week after a long day at work and a late finish i wanted a chinese but had to walk all the way back to a cash machine first and there was a big queue. i was probably looking a bit (a lot) grumpy and the guy infront insisted i skip infront of him. ok so that's a pretty minor thing but i still thought it was really nice and it cured my grumpyness

errrr

sometimes if my oyster card doesn't work the bus driver nods me on anyway?

lol people don't do many nice things :?