Do you play DDR (Dance Dance Revolution)?

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the Andes, counting the stars and wondering if one of them is home to another civilization

13 Dec 2011, 5:52 pm

Do you play DDR? How good are you at it?

I played DDR obsessively when I was younger and I'm just getting back into it for the aerobic exercise benefits so I can hopefully lose some weight. While playing it, I thought about the aspies at the support meeting and I was thinking there's no way they could play DDR on the heavy setting, but the ones I saw at the support meeting might have been the "low functioning" types; It seems like this forum attracts a LOT of the so-called 'high functioning' types, so I'm wondering if you guys play it, like it and how good are you at it.

I used to play the really hard songs when I was younger like the So Deep - Perfect Sphere Remix on difficult. Despite being able to play the more difficult songs, I noticed I wasn't nearly as graceful/precise as other people when I was at a DDR competition at Japanese club and I lost horribly to someone else. So, I could play the hard songs, but my timing wasn't that perfect so I tended to get As and Bs instead of AA or AAA.

Last edited by swbluto on 13 Dec 2011, 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Angel_ryan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2011, 6:10 pm

I used to love DDR but I was never any good at it, and I'm still not.
Dyspraxia+DDR=FAIL

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2011, 6:58 pm

i play it, if i get the chance, and usually i'm better then whoever owns the set i'm using, but that is also due to musical training; i have better timing then the average person, but i also seem to not ming switsing the mat under me for more then a second or two, then adapt my motoric memory to compensate, and i use some kind of 'motoric delay' to actually play the song about a second or 2 too fast, giving me time to figure out harder sections... (i do the same with guitar hero)

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

13 Dec 2011, 7:33 pm

[Moved from General Autism Discussion to Games and Video Games]

Simmian7
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2011, 10:25 pm

i used to play.... did an all night ddr event once. and went to a local tournament for it. LOL
some of those people got CRAZY wicked on it...

It's like someone's calling out to me. Writing it all down...it's like I'm calling back to them.
(quote from August Rush; but used as a reference to my writing)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
My ASD AQ score is 42
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
#DemandCartoonDiversity

ashura96
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Dec 2011, 2:27 am

Oh, yes. I've been playing for almost 10 years. So obviously I am rather skilled at it.

I really enjoy playing Double style as well.

In the last year I've put more time and effort into playing, which has resulted in me losing 50 pounds, and the ability to pass harder songs and get better scores/accuracy.

Here's the craziest song in DDR yet:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kOZ-jizbDM[/youtube]

jayroo79
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Dec 2011, 9:55 am

A few years back I was into DDR but I never went past normal mode. I'd do doubles on the easiest setting, but only for songs that I really liked. And always the same song so it just became routine. I never ever did random. But I played in the arcades when no one was around also. This influenced my decisions in setting, songs and modes as I was paying out of pocket.

"Power is the reason that we all are fighting for, control your body, your soul and heart. Yes- some of us who surrender are like lambs to the slaughter; get the power & try harder to reach the next stage."
-SMT III

SonicMisaki
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2011, 11:15 pm

I do quite well on pretty much any level of DDR. Just give me an actual gamepad instead of a DDR floor and I'm good to go.

DDRMAX being the case in point.