Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

WhiteWidow
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2011, 6:02 pm

Have any of you ever literally up and walked out of a date? I met a girl online at a coffee shop. She shows up, early which is great because I'm always early.

So I get a table before she gets there, a tea for myself. I set my coat down. We begin talking and it essentially becomes an interview. I'm the manager. It's nuts. She asks me nothing about myself. I'm just talking on and on waiting for some pauses so she can ask me something. Eventually she does and says "So how was vancouver?" I asked her opinion after trying to talk to her about something i heard in the news that day and her response was: "I don't like to think too much outside the box or whatever."

I just got up and left. I was like "This isn't working. It was nice of you to come but I have to go now." she was like "...really..?" like an "honestly?" kind of reaction.

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2011, 6:17 pm

aw, i would've at least polited it out. maybe she really liked you and was nervous

diniesaur
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2011, 6:52 pm

OneStepBeyond, that may be the case, but I doubt that someone who doesn't like to think out of the box would be a good match for any Aspie.

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2011, 7:01 pm

maybe she was just having a braindead moment

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2011, 7:07 pm

How would giving her opinion on a news event make relate to thinking 'out of the box'? She might have been nervous and not have felt comfortable with talking about news and such considering she might not know your political affiliations or knowledge and intelligence about such things. If she was quiet the whole time though and didn't appear nervous then I don't think you'll have lost a great deal by doing what you did. Plenty more fish in the sea. What is it that you liked about her to meet up with her in the first place, anyway?

conan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2011, 8:26 pm

maybe she was intimidated by thinking you were more intelligent/ better informed on the news piece hence not willing to share her opinion on it. I don't know what the situation was.

WhiteWidow
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2011, 8:57 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
What is it that you liked about her to meet up with her in the first place, anyway?

I'm desperate, and I was hoping she'd look better than her pictures.

I don't know why I thought that, but it's happened before.

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2011, 9:01 pm

maybe she tried to put you off on purpose

RawSugar
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Dec 2011, 9:48 pm

WhiteWidow wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
What is it that you liked about her to meet up with her in the first place, anyway?

I'm desperate, and I was hoping she'd look better than her pictures.

I don't know why I thought that, but it's happened before.

Happens to the best of us. At least you were more polite than I normally am. I've literally walked out of a conversation leading with "I don't like you very much." Not at a date, but I've definitely done it with someone making small talk with me at a party.

curlyfry
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2011, 9:48 am

Sounds like it could have been her stock answer for disinterest.