Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2011, 7:54 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idV12epKanY[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSzRw_OmeUs[/youtube]

It'll be interesting to see if the Ron Paul attack ads have an effect. If they do, it might just negate Newt's supposed marginal advantage in "acting with principle" over Romney in voters eyes enough for Romney to win the nomination very solidly.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

14 Dec 2011, 8:52 pm

It's been very effective. Ron's numbers are way up in Iowa and New Hampshire while Newt's numbers have peaked and have already started to fall. Have to imagine this ad had a part to do with it, it got a lot of attention. A lot of conservative talking heads are starting to turn on Newt. Glenn Beck has been calling Newt a fascist, Michael Savage is offering Newt a million dollars to drop out, I believe Ann Coulter is supporting Romney over Gingrich. I'm wondering how long until Inuyasha changes his tune on Newt... :roll:

Hasn't helped Romney at all tho, Romney's numbers have been sinking as well. Hoving around 16-18% in a lot of polls.

Besides Paul's bump; Bachmann, Perry, and Huntsman have gotten a lil bump lately as well.

It's all going according to plan... :wink:

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2011, 9:32 pm

Some black guy that doesn't like Romney should go up to him and ask him where Romney thinks he got his skin color.

With cameras rolling, of course.

lol

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2011, 3:39 am

I actually sort of liked Gingrich when he supported the individual mandate, believed in global warming, and called Paul Ryan's Randian scheme what it is. Too bad he never grew out of being the soulless political chameleon that he is.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2011, 10:26 am

The only thing that will matter in the Repugnican primaries will be the spin that Fox Noise and Hate Radio places on the story. The last time I caught a bit of Fox Noise, their major emphasis was identifying a candidate who could defeat President Obama.

It was Fox Noise that brought down Herman Cain by interviewing Ginger White. Obviously, Rupert had decided that it was time for Herman to go, and he is gone. Herman couldn't even get any air time on Fox Noise to present his apologies--he had to go to CNN, and Repugnicans never watch CNN.

I'm guessing that Fox Noise is either completely ignoring the issue or taking Newt's side, and dissing Ron as a loonie Leftist and a wimpie intellectual. We'll find out for sure as soon as Inuyasha checks in this evening.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2011, 12:24 pm

pandabear wrote:
The only thing that will matter in the Repugnican primaries will be the spin that Fox Noise and Hate Radio places on the story. The last time I caught a bit of Fox Noise, their major emphasis was identifying a candidate who could defeat President Obama.

It was Fox Noise that brought down Herman Cain by interviewing Ginger White. Obviously, Rupert had decided that it was time for Herman to go, and he is gone. Herman couldn't even get any air time on Fox Noise to present his apologies--he had to go to CNN, and Repugnicans never watch CNN.

I'm guessing that Fox Noise is either completely ignoring the issue or taking Newt's side, and dissing Ron as a loonie Leftist and a wimpie intellectual. We'll find out for sure as soon as Inuyasha checks in this evening.

Of course Cain had to go! Rupert couldn't possibly allow another black president!

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

15 Dec 2011, 8:11 pm

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/12/12/g ... marijuana/

Quote:
Gary Johnson: Gingrich ‘proposed the death penalty for marijuana’

Over the weekend, struggling Republican presidential candidate Gary Johnson reminded MSNBC viewers that GOP frontrunner Newt Gingrich had once to called to punish some drug offenders with death.

“Newt Gingrich, in 1997, proposed the death penalty for marijuana — for possession of marijuana above a certain quantity of marijuana,” Johnson explained. “And yet, he is among 100 million Americans who’ve smoked marijuana.”

“I would love to have a discussion with him on the fact that he smoked pot, and under the wrong set of circumstance he proposed the death penalty for, potentially, something that he had committed. I have troubles with that,” he added.

Johnson, a former New Mexico governor who has advocated for marijuana legalization since 1999, is at least partially correct about Gingrich’s position.

As Speaker of the House, Gingrich introduced the “Drug Importer Death Penalty Act of 1996.”

The bill would have required a “sentence of death for certain importations of significant quantities of controlled substances.” It would have applied to anyone convicted more than once of carrying 100 doses — or about two ounces — or marijuana across the border. Defendants would have had a window of 18 months to file their one and only appeal.

“If you import a commercial quantity of illegal drugs, it is because you have made the personal decision that you are prepared to get rich by destroying our children,” the Georgia Republican said at a fundraiser for Rep. Charlie Norwood (R-GA) in 1995. “I have made the decision that I love our children enough that we will kill you if you do this.”

The first time we execute 27 or 30 or 35 people at one time, and they go around Colombia and France and Thailand and Mexico, and they say, ‘Hi, would you like to carry some drugs into the U.S.?’ the price of carrying drugs will have gone up dramatically.”

U.S. law already allows the death penalty in the cases of large-scale drug operations — or continuing criminal enterprises — that result in murder.

Gingrich charged in 1994 that 25 percent of President Bill Clinton’s White House staff used drugs, but at the same time admitted that he had also smoked pot 25 years earlier.

“That was a sign we were alive and in graduate school in that era,” he explained.

“See, when I smoked pot it was illegal, but not immoral,” Gingrich reportedly told Wall Street Journal reporter Hilary Stout in 1996. “Now, it is illegal AND immoral. The law didn’t change, only the morality… That’s why you get to go to jail and I don’t.”

What a sick sadistic freak.

Quote:
(CNN) - Ron Paul issued a new hit on Newt Gingrich Thursday, suggesting his rival was incautious by taking a hawkish stance on U.S. defense while having deferred military service himself.

"He's probably as aggressive with the military as anybody," Paul said on Fox News. "He supports all the wars in the Middle East a thousand times more than I would. But you know in the nineteen-sixties when I was drafted in the military, he got several deferments. He chose not to go. Now he'll send our kids to war."

Paul, who has seen a recent jump in Iowa polls, served as a surgeon for the U.S. Air Force in the 1960s after graduating from medical school.

Gingrich was an active student during the 1960s, earning a bachelors degree from Emory University in 1965 and a masters from Tulane in 1968. He later earned a Ph.D from Tulane.

In his criticism of Gingrich Thursday, Paul noted an explanation the former speaker has given about his deferments.

"At that time he said that one person wouldn't make a difference," Paul said. "He didn't see how he could make a difference. So I see that as important information. People should know that. It reflects on him."

Thursday's comments aren't the first time Paul has gone after Gingrich. The Texas congressman released a round of negative television ads last week, painting Gingrich as inconsistent and not sufficiently conservative. The ads ran in Iowa and New Hampshire.

A spokesman for Gingrich did not reply to a request for reaction to Paul's comments.

and he's a chickenhawk too.

Quote:
In an interview with outspoken hawks who did not serve in Vietnam, Gingrich said that the Vietnam War was "the right battlefield at the right time."
-- Gingrich, Wall Street Journal, 11 Feb 1985

Quote:
When asked why he deferred serving when he was drafted, he replied that "'no-one felt this was the battle-line on which freedom would live or die.'"
-- Gingrich, Wall Street Journal, 11 Feb 1985 (same interview)

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2011, 10:33 pm

Jacoby wrote:
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/12/12/gary-johnson-gingrich-proposed-the-death-penalty-for-marijuana/

Quote:
Gary Johnson: Gingrich ‘proposed the death penalty for marijuana’

Over the weekend, struggling Republican presidential candidate Gary Johnson reminded MSNBC viewers that GOP frontrunner Newt Gingrich had once to called to punish some drug offenders with death.

“Newt Gingrich, in 1997, proposed the death penalty for marijuana — for possession of marijuana above a certain quantity of marijuana,” Johnson explained. “And yet, he is among 100 million Americans who’ve smoked marijuana.”

“I would love to have a discussion with him on the fact that he smoked pot, and under the wrong set of circumstance he proposed the death penalty for, potentially, something that he had committed. I have troubles with that,” he added.

Johnson, a former New Mexico governor who has advocated for marijuana legalization since 1999, is at least partially correct about Gingrich’s position.

As Speaker of the House, Gingrich introduced the “Drug Importer Death Penalty Act of 1996.”

The bill would have required a “sentence of death for certain importations of significant quantities of controlled substances.” It would have applied to anyone convicted more than once of carrying 100 doses — or about two ounces — or marijuana across the border. Defendants would have had a window of 18 months to file their one and only appeal.

“If you import a commercial quantity of illegal drugs, it is because you have made the personal decision that you are prepared to get rich by destroying our children,” the Georgia Republican said at a fundraiser for Rep. Charlie Norwood (R-GA) in 1995. “I have made the decision that I love our children enough that we will kill you if you do this.”

The first time we execute 27 or 30 or 35 people at one time, and they go around Colombia and France and Thailand and Mexico, and they say, ‘Hi, would you like to carry some drugs into the U.S.?’ the price of carrying drugs will have gone up dramatically.”

U.S. law already allows the death penalty in the cases of large-scale drug operations — or continuing criminal enterprises — that result in murder.

Gingrich charged in 1994 that 25 percent of President Bill Clinton’s White House staff used drugs, but at the same time admitted that he had also smoked pot 25 years earlier.

“That was a sign we were alive and in graduate school in that era,” he explained.

“See, when I smoked pot it was illegal, but not immoral,” Gingrich reportedly told Wall Street Journal reporter Hilary Stout in 1996. “Now, it is illegal AND immoral. The law didn’t change, only the morality… That’s why you get to go to jail and I don’t.”

What a sick sadistic freak.

Quote:
(CNN) - Ron Paul issued a new hit on Newt Gingrich Thursday, suggesting his rival was incautious by taking a hawkish stance on U.S. defense while having deferred military service himself.

"He's probably as aggressive with the military as anybody," Paul said on Fox News. "He supports all the wars in the Middle East a thousand times more than I would. But you know in the nineteen-sixties when I was drafted in the military, he got several deferments. He chose not to go. Now he'll send our kids to war."

Paul, who has seen a recent jump in Iowa polls, served as a surgeon for the U.S. Air Force in the 1960s after graduating from medical school.

Gingrich was an active student during the 1960s, earning a bachelors degree from Emory University in 1965 and a masters from Tulane in 1968. He later earned a Ph.D from Tulane.

In his criticism of Gingrich Thursday, Paul noted an explanation the former speaker has given about his deferments.

"At that time he said that one person wouldn't make a difference," Paul said. "He didn't see how he could make a difference. So I see that as important information. People should know that. It reflects on him."

Thursday's comments aren't the first time Paul has gone after Gingrich. The Texas congressman released a round of negative television ads last week, painting Gingrich as inconsistent and not sufficiently conservative. The ads ran in Iowa and New Hampshire.

A spokesman for Gingrich did not reply to a request for reaction to Paul's comments.

and he's a chickenhawk too.

Quote:
In an interview with outspoken hawks who did not serve in Vietnam, Gingrich said that the Vietnam War was "the right battlefield at the right time."
-- Gingrich, Wall Street Journal, 11 Feb 1985

Quote:
When asked why he deferred serving when he was drafted, he replied that "'no-one felt this was the battle-line on which freedom would live or die.'"
-- Gingrich, Wall Street Journal, 11 Feb 1985 (same interview)

I've decided, I'll stop calling Gingrich a hypocrite if he subjects himself to the death penalty for smoking pot.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2011, 11:20 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
I actually sort of liked Gingrich when he supported the individual mandate, believed in global warming, and called Paul Ryan's Randian scheme what it is. Too bad he never grew out of being the soulless political chameleon that he is.

This just goes to show how unpatriotic the Repubnicans are. Gingrich and some others once supported the individual mandate. Now, they are vehemently opposed, and doing a great disservice to the country, just for the sake of trying to bring down President Obama and put themselves in power.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2011, 11:55 am

Kraichgauer wrote:

You mean you liked Gingrich when he sounded like a pinko stinko commie loving liberal.

ruveyn

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2011, 2:29 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

You mean you liked Gingrich when he sounded like a pinko stinko commie loving liberal.

ruveyn

Exactly! :lol:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2011, 11:36 pm

i read today that this tyrant said that [paraphrased] when he is president (clicky) he will have the capitol police arrest "activist" [read: non-right-wing] judges who dare to make rulings contrary to his wishes.
i can't help but believe that anybody who would vote for this wanna-be-monarch either isn't paying attention, or actually prefers to have a [man who would be] king rather than an elected president.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2011, 11:49 pm

auntblabby wrote:
i read today that this tyrant said that [paraphrased] when he is president (clicky) he will have the capitol police arrest "activist" [read: non-right-wing] judges who dare to make rulings contrary to his wishes.
i can't help but believe that anybody who would vote for this wanna-be-monarch either isn't paying attention, or actually prefers to have a [man who would be] king rather than an elected president.

Goes to show you how little he actually understands the constitution, or just how little he gives a damn about what it actually says.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2011, 1:26 am

http://supervillainornewt.com/

Have fun with this one! It's harder than you might think...

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2011, 1:38 am

Dox47 wrote:
http://supervillainornewt.com/

Have fun with this one! It's harder than you might think...

I got 75%.