Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

FuzzyChickens
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Feb 2005, 12:57 am

I vote for AvP. Thanks to Paul "Worthless Sh*t" Anderson, the integrity of the Alien franchise has been irreversibly tainted and it will now die without a shred of its dignity left.

nitraine
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Feb 2005, 1:38 am

I thought AVP was watchable.

I don't see how much better a different director could make the movie.

I vote for Kill Bill 2 as the movie that I rented and turned off.

Feste-Fenris
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2005, 1:42 am

I'd say either Troy or Alexander...

Greek history is not a b-grade soap opera... so why are they treating it as one?

TAFKASH
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2005, 6:05 pm

Most disappointing: Thunderbirds
Outright worst (that I saw): The Day After Tomorrow

Its a moot point though, as I almost certainly didn't see the worst film of last year - no doubt there were an inordinate number of rom-coms and teen-flicks that were all even worse than "The Day After Tomorrow", and that I'd rather have fried my own intestines than watched (although it'd be hard to imagine how anything could've been much worse....)

nitraine wrote:
I thought AVP was watchable.

Indeed - as long as you can forget its supposed to be an "Alien" film, its actually quite enjoyable in a no-brainer kind of a way. I'm a little biased as I love Sci-Fi of all kinds though (I thought "Battlefield Earth" wasn't completely terrible for heaven's sake :))

Mel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2005, 6:37 pm

I didn't see a lot of new films last year- but the worst I of the ones I did see had to be Dawn of the dead- man that filmed sucked.

TAFKASH
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2005, 7:59 pm

Mel wrote:
I didn't see a lot of new films last year- but the worst I of the ones I did see had to be Dawn of the dead- man that filmed sucked.

I thought "Dawn of the Dead" was fantastic - I had grave reservations about it before seeing it (given the sacrosanctity of the original), but I absolutely loved it.